Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2021, 02:38 PM   #85
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Well, I’m sure they weighed both with fluids. Never understood using dry weight. I prefer to have oil and coolant in the cars I’m driving.
Old 07-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #86
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That probably has a lot to do with the high rise intake and front mounted dry sump tank. The front mounted dry sump tank gives me the opinion that GM never intended to put the LT2 in the Camaro.

Car and Driver weighed the C8 Z51 at 3647 pounds and the 6th gen SS 1LE at 3743 pounds.
When I was still doing engine forecasts, I did have LT2 going into Camaro. Then when I went to Woodward Dream Cruise and got a look at the engine cutaway they had on a stand, it was obvious that it wouldn’t package in Camaro with the sump system. Putting it in without the sump system would require an RPO change, so I took it out of the forecast. One of the last changes I made before I left our forecasting group for our consulting group was to take the LT6 out of the Camaro forecast. The acceleration of the move to EV means Camaro is not likely to be ICE long enough to recover the development and certification costs. That and the people who would likely work on it are probably busier working on pulling ahead EVs.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #87
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
When I was still doing engine forecasts, I did have LT2 going into Camaro. Then when I went to Woodward Dream Cruise and got a look at the engine cutaway they had on a stand, it was obvious that it wouldn’t package in Camaro with the sump system. Putting it in without the sump system would require an RPO change, so I took it out of the forecast. One of the last changes I made before I left our forecasting group for our consulting group was to take the LT6 out of the Camaro forecast. The acceleration of the move to EV means Camaro is not likely to be ICE long enough to recover the development and certification costs. That and the people who would likely work on it are probably busier working on pulling ahead EVs.
Thanks for sharing. This confirms what I thought

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #88
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Hence the Camaro is in third place in it's segment. Nice work!!
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:04 PM   #89
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
IF there will be another Camaro, it will be a battery electric vehicle.

Alpha2, LT2, LT6 taken off the plan. Al Oppenheiser leaves the Camaro team in December 2018 to head EV development.

Its been obvious but unspoken.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #90
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
I’m guessing you realize that when I say I put things in or out of a forecast, I was doing that working at an independent company that does industry forecasts. I haven’t worked for GM since 2017, so I cannot put anything in or out of their forecast. We do a monthly forecast of every vehicle in the market. All auto makers subscribe to our forecast to better understand what their competitors are doing.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:57 PM   #91
396ssrat

I think gm would be much better off to listen to what their CUSTOMER'S want.
I went through many many years at GM watching one model blunder after the next. Always following, never leading. The results were always plant closures around the country. Products have become also rans that just can't seem to compete so we are now down to one sedan for a few minutes. I am an American patriot and don't give one damn about other countries who don't share an equal playing field. How many GM vehicles are built in Japan?
Perhaps I misunderstood what you stated and if so, my bad.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:23 AM   #92
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
GM missed the opportunity to develop a naturally aspirated engine for the C7 GS and Z/28. Probably didn’t want the GS to step on the toes of the C7 Z06.

As for where it fits, does it matter at this point? Whoever wanted a ZLE probably bought one already. Not many people are buying the Camaro. They could easily drop the ZLE package and revive the Z/28 at this point. It would inject some life in a dying car.
Possibly, but replace the top end Camaro with a vehicle that would be more expensive and probably not perform as well? Doesn't sound like a winning strategy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

Alpha2, LT2, LT6 taken off the plan. Al Oppenheiser leaves the Camaro team in December 2018 to head EV development.

Once you connect the tea leaves, sure is.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:00 PM   #93
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Any reputable sources reporting on this as of yet?

Jonny Lieberman and his code-named source from GM isn't confidence inspiring. No other publications nor GM sources have commented additionally.
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:57 PM   #94
396ssrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

I like that green car.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:50 AM   #95
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post

Jonny Lieberman and his code-named source from GM isn't confidence inspiring. No other publications nor GM sources have commented additionally.
What reporting are you expecting?

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:10 AM   #96
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Based on how there is 0 coverage from the press or GM on any Camaro, safe to say - the coffin is being nailed in one by one.

This is a case of them simply producing cars for 2 reasons - UAW term + Cadillac ATS/CTS production.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:25 AM   #97
hotlap

Quote:
I like that green car.
Thank you sir. Its my obsession. Badass color on a badass SS 1LE. You can see pictures in the link

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=356

Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #98
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post

nothing official but you can connect the tealeaves like Hotlap and others have done.

the biggest key is just look at what GM is planning for the future. Cadillac is going full electric. they are going to be the first of GM's brands to do so. For camaro to exist it needs something to share a platform with. So unless the electric versions of CT4/5 replacement are on Alpha I would expect camaro to ride off into the sunset or transition to EV
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote