Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #1
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Cool Exhaust review needed

Hey guys I'm close to saving up for the ark n-ii catback for the 14 v6 I'm thinking this just might be my next mod. Ideally I'd like to put high flow cats in there at the same time but idk we'll see how the next few paychecks go. Anywayyyyy who here has the ark n-ii catback I understand the quality is great. Any comments or reviews would be helpful, especially those with the catback and even possibly solo hfc. V8 guys with the ark n-ii are welcome to comment as well. Videos encouraged! I've heard t a few times on YouTube and it was awesome would love to hear more!
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #2
anthony.

Drives: summit white 2lt RS
Arc is a very good brand. there prices are extremely high, however. worth the 1.3k? up to you. power wise, you won't feel a difference. sound, in my opinion is amazing on the v8 after listening to a few clips. v6, eh nothing special. if you're buying for sound, i'd go solo if your sold on a catback, and is $500 cheaper, good for a throttle controller and intake alone.

i won't lie, my favorite exhaust sound on the 6 from a catback is corsa.

if you want a nice sound, get a quality intake first. i did, and all i can remember is WOW it sounded GREAT with an intake alone 3500 rpms up. a real ROAR when on it.

i have an mrt v1, but i'm young, and love it. i do get a tremendous amount of compliments. a fellow friend with an audi rs7 even complimented me saying it sounds very exotic for a v6. if interested, ill take a few sound clips. drone? i really don't notice it much, but it is loud.
anthony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
crc91

The problem I have with solo and corsa to be is that the solos only sound aggressive when you are on the throttle. But the corsa (although no drone) they sound relatively quiet. And i see everyone loves their mrt exhaust but I want a catback.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
The problem I have with solo and corsa to be is that the solos only sound aggressive when you are on the throttle. But the corsa (although no drone) they sound relatively quiet. And i see everyone loves their mrt exhaust but I want a catback.

95% of the people who get the MRT's LOVE EM.

I have been on here for 5 years and followed the MRT ARMY for that long. LOVE mine too.

So WHY do you feel you want a catback system?

I ask becasue you really don;t gain anything for HP or even sound for that matter.

Other than spenind alot more money I could never justify it.

Trust me I did a ton of research before buying what I did, and just could not see why anyone would jump to a catback for the V6 to gain a 0.25" dia. increase. We already have a nice set of pipes. If anything have the H-pipe cut our and replace with the magnaflow S pipe (11386).

This is all IMHO.

Good Luck, keep us posted on what you do and how you feel aoubt it when completed.

subscribed.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
crc91

Just bc I want a catback. That's all and I'm most interested in the ark n-2. Just wanting a few more reviews from people who have heard it in person or have it.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
i personally like my setup better then the ark n-ii. and it was a fraction of the price. i agree with the others, a full cat back on these cars is really hard to justify since you dont gain anything over an axle back power wise which is the biggest reason to go with a cat back. my exhaust was like 350 parts and labor, think of all the things you could do with the extra money.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Just bc I want a catback. That's all and I'm most interested in the ark n-2. Just wanting a few more reviews from people who have heard it in person or have it.

Sounds good to me.

I would have considered this one further myself had it been avaialbe before I bought my MRT's.

Everything I read about that catback makes it sound like it is a good one.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
So WHY do you feel you want a catback system?

I ask becasue you really don;t gain anything for HP or even sound for that matter.

Other than spenind alot more money I could never justify it.

I feel like exhaust is the biggest rip off these days. $1500 for a cat back? 500-700 for an axle back which is just a pair of mufflers with a couple feet of tube... It's a joke, and it makes me sad.

CRC91 If you're giving away money, I'll gladly take some If you end up doing the high flow cats and catback at a different time, start with the HFC's so at least you pick up some power.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #9
Chris14RS

Drives: RRM RS v6
Nah, do HFC's man. Way more bang for your buck!
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5
Chris14RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark, catback, exhaust, lfx