Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Chris14RS

Drives: RRM RS v6
Solo HFC installed

I just had the Solo HFC's installed to my tru-x with MRT v2 system and wow! The torque is great and the car just pulls now through the gears! Just thought I'd share. Oh, and the car sounds a tad better as well.
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5
Chris14RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
SalMonreal

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Nice! Any videos?
SalMonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
inferno2ls

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
Give it like 500 miles it will sound so much better!!!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #4
tabshire95
Texas Raised

Drives: 2012 RS Grey 2LT Camaro
Dumb question but I honestly have no idea. I have the MBRP catback exhaust package, my car could still use this upgrade correct? Or am I thinking my manifold is a little longer than it really is??
Old 10-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Chris14RS

tabshire- You can use this mod with that exhaust. The headers were way longer than I thought as well. DO IT!!! haha.
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5
Old 10-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Honestly is it worth it? are there any noticeable gains. I have yet to see a LFX with them

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #7
Chris14RS

Blu Ray- Honestly the car feels different. It responds a bit quicker and I do not have to downshift as much to get going. If I was in 3rd I would normally have to shift to 2nd to really get moving. Now I can just leave it in 3rd and go. This is my DD by the way. However, the car pulls harder when I get on it in every gear. The drone I had before is basically gone, which was a really big thing for me for longer trips. A plus!!!

ONLY downside is I threw a CEL today on my way to work. I have the sensor adaptors in. I do not get it. I'll check it out when I do my oil change later today. bleh.
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5
Old 10-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Going catless will produce more power than high flow cats and at least where I live, both are illegal and both will cause CEL. So if you're actually going for power, it is actually better and cheaper to do a delete and then just tune out the CEL...

I guess I will never understand why people but these HFCs. That money easily pays for a tune that is much more noticeable and I doubt the HFCs are adding more than 5 wheel horse power
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
Chris14RS

I feel a noticeable difference in power with the HFCs. Yes, they are pricey but I got them and I am happy with them. A full free flow exhaust transforms the drive ability of the car for my case. It's my DD like I said before. I'm not looking to knock off 00.1 off track times or anything. Just enjoying modding my car like everyone else on the forum.
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5

Last edited by Chris14RS; 10-24-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #10
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I have had them on for about 2 years now, I like them. they fun to adjust the J pipes also and listen to the differences.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I just installed the Mach-x cat back system to my car. Sounds awesome. I really want to pick up the HFCs as well to complete the system.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #12
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Going catless will produce more power than high flow cats and at least where I live, both are illegal and both will cause CEL. So if you're actually going for power, it is actually better and cheaper to do a delete and then just tune out the CEL...

I guess I will never understand why people but these HFCs. That money easily pays for a tune that is much more noticeable and I doubt the HFCs are adding more than 5 wheel horse power
Warranty.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris14RS View Post
Blu Ray- Honestly the car feels different. It responds a bit quicker and I do not have to downshift as much to get going. If I was in 3rd I would normally have to shift to 2nd to really get moving. Now I can just leave it in 3rd and go. This is my DD by the way. However, the car pulls harder when I get on it in every gear. The drone I had before is basically gone, which was a really big thing for me for longer trips. A plus!!!

ONLY downside is I threw a CEL today on my way to work. I have the sensor adaptors in. I do not get it. I'll check it out when I do my oil change later today. bleh.
Assuming you don't have an exhaust leak at the flange ...put these on (add to the SOLO extenders) and forgeddabot CELs or getting tunned if you don't want to http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/angl...FSZo7AodHwgAKQ

I installed SOLOs (already had Hedman shortys, CIA, PTB) and got Passengr side CEL ~100 mi/5 drive cycles (installed one of these and no more CEL); then got Driver side CEL ~1,000 mi/50 drive cycles (installed driver side one and no more CEL).

ps- with a tune you won't pass OBD2 emission inspection testing; with these you will
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #14
anthony.

Drives: summit white 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post

well living in NY, catless will not allow you to pass inspection, and HFC's wont throw a code if built well.. these don't throw a CEL, and you'll also pass inspection. basically closest thing to going catless while still passing inspection. oh, and even with a tune on catless pipes, when hoooked up to obd it will show a not ready, so you wont pass. sucks but how it goes.
anthony. is offline   Reply With Quote