Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #337
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
Meet the new boss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Exactly. They simply replaced ‘Covid restrictions’ with ‘energy reducing restrictions.’ Four months to flatten the curve! .
In 1993 We paid ~ $7.00 a gallon for gas in Zurich. It's about that almost 30 years later.
I know the US had some very low gas prices some of that time. Now the US has the majority of its politicians tutored by The World Economic Forum (you'll own nothing and be happy) and the US Communist Party (aka the uniparty). It wasn't always like this (nice back then) but it is now.
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 03:13 PM   #338
91Zman

Drives: '13 1SS/RS IOM white stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I don't watch CNN any more than you are a Q member. I bet you believe in the big lie, don't you... SMH Trump has been the biggest lier for decades. And is nothing more than a grifter and con man. And you believe in him and everything that comes out of his mouth... LOL... SMH
sheep
91Zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 03:46 PM   #339
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
While this talk of energy reducing restrictions might be mere suggestions at this point, how far off can restricting HOW you drive be from restricting WHAT you drive? A Camaro, especially a V8 Camaro, has to be one of the bigger blips on any Greeny’s energy-guzzling radar.

The stuff of a raving madman? If I would have warned you at Christmas dinner in 2019, about the very things that DID come to pass in the last two years, you’d have called me certifiably insane. Lockdowns? Mandates. Covid Pass. Forced vaccinations to keep your job.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:51 PM   #340
Scotavo
Account Suspended

"people should not be afraid of their government"

But they should be afraid of their government. No contradiction.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:03 PM   #341
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
While this talk of energy reducing restrictions might be mere suggestions at this point, how far off can restricting HOW you drive be from restricting WHAT you drive? A Camaro, especially a V8 Camaro, has to be one of the bigger blips on any Greeny’s energy-guzzling radar.

The stuff of a raving madman? If I would have warned you at Christmas dinner in 2019, about the very things that DID come to pass in the last two years, you’d have called me certifiably insane. Lockdowns? Mandates. Covid Pass. Forced vaccinations to keep your job.
but yet all those huge SUVs are somehow going to get a pass?what about congressmen,senators,their multiple huge mansions,air force one,etc.?i can drive my wifes honda to reduce my carbon footprint but im only willing to sacrifice if my fearless leaders are going to lead by example and i dont think thats gonna happen.lets see al gore sell off a few mansions and all these tree hugging senators and congressmen in honda civics and not limos before this crap goes unchallenged.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #342
Scotavo
Account Suspended

It will be clear to you the moment you accept that almost all of your current "leaders" want a totalitarian de facto dictatorship for the US. Just like most of the 195 countries today.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:37 AM   #343
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Zman View Post
sheep

Cultist... SMH
Old 03-20-2022, 01:07 PM   #344
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Meanwhile, there’s talk of this again!

Attachment 1094682
Ironically that was done under a republican administration, repealed under a democrat president. Just goes to show how just towing a particular political line doesn't work sometimes. All it did was increase revenue for local governments.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:18 PM   #345
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:

You've had most of these restriction in place for years, it's just being magnified for political reasons. There have been vaccination mandates for employment, for school, etc and no one complained. You've had vehicle mandates - inspections for example - for years. Toll roads are a form of restrictions. HOV lanes are a form of restrictions. People crying about masks - it's been mandatory to wear hair and beard masks for many jobs. Steel toes shoes and other safety apparel are mandatory for many jobs. It just seems people nowadays just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:40 PM   #346
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post
Ironically that was done under a republican administration, repealed under a democrat president. Just goes to show how just towing a particular political line doesn't work sometimes. All it did was increase revenue for local governments.
I can't see any difference between the two parties. Wars, offshoring jobs, social discontent mongering. A difference without a distinction.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #347
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post
You've had most of these restriction in place for years, it's just being magnified for political reasons. There have been vaccination mandates for employment, for school, etc and no one complained. You've had vehicle mandates - inspections for example - for years. Toll roads are a form of restrictions. HOV lanes are a form of restrictions. People crying about masks - it's been mandatory to wear hair and beard masks for many jobs. Steel toes shoes and other safety apparel are mandatory for many jobs. It just seems people nowadays just want to complain for the sake of complaining.
Oh, plenty of people complained. Perhaps Dan Rather and Brian Williams didn’t report it on the 6pm news. Did you know there’s a convoy circling DC right now FULL of complainers? Me either. See that on the MSM? Nope. So no one complained because it isn’t happening according to most media.

Every one of those thing you cite is/was an incremental chipping away of basic liberties. And I’m still complaining.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:13 PM   #348
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotavo View Post
I can't see any difference between the two parties. Wars, offshoring jobs, social discontent mongering. A difference without a distinction.
Precisely. Bad policy proposed, written and carried out by the misinformed and under qualified, make the party designator that precedes their name irrelevant. But still seems so quick to capture supporters based on little else now.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:20 PM   #349
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Precisely. Bad policy proposed, written and carried out by the misinformed and under qualified, make the party designator that precedes their name irrelevant. But still seems so quick to capture supporters based on little else now.
this... most of these politicians are too rich to know what following a budget is like and our national deficit shows it.term limits are a good idea.i dont believe presidents wives or other relatives should be allowed to run for the same office their spouse held either.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 05:58 PM   #350
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried…

— Winston Churchill
So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote