Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Did you buy your Camaro mostly to look good, or go fast?
I bought my Camaro mainly based on it's looks and style 334 71.98%
I bought my Camaro mainly based on it's power and performance ability 130 28.02%
Voters: 464. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Did you buy your Camaro for looks, or to go fast?

So when you decided to buy your Camaro, what was a more important factor in the decision to buy? Did you want a car you look good in? or did you want a car that goes really fast?

And "both" is not an answer..because I always think one over rides more than the other. The reason I ask, is I see some people here who spend hundreds/thousands on appearance stuff, and never/barely touch the motor. Others spend a lot on performance, and not much on appearance.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
appearance
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'm going to have to go with looks first even though I've easily spent most of my money on performance.

It was the style of the car that caught me. I didn't want a car, need a car and wasn't interested in a car. THIS car I had to have since I always loved Camaro but hated the 4th Gen.

So I gotta go looks with the knowingness that I'd make it fast anyway.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
20camaro12

Drives: 2012 45th anniv. Convertible SS LS3
I went for the overall 45th anniversary look. People know the camaro is fast and strong. But I do like to step in it and listen to the roar. So mine is for appearance and admiration.
20camaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
Both and a vert!!!

Spent another 20,000 on looks and performance!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #6
Street King Kid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS Blk w orange stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
So when you decided to buy your Camaro, what was a more important factor in the decision to buy? Did you want a car you look good in? or did you want a car that goes really fast?

And "both" is not an answer..because I always think one over rides more than the other. The reason I ask, is I see some people here who spend hundreds/thousands on appearance stuff, and never/barely touch the motor. Others spend a lot on performance, and not much on appearance.
I think the easy answer is those who puchased the SS went for speed as main factor and those who purchased the V-6 went for appearance.-SKK
Street King Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #7
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street King Kid View Post
I think the easy answer is those who puchased the SS went for speed as main factor and those who purchased the V-6 went for appearance.-SKK
Not really...if you only have what a V6 Camaro costs, there are very few 300HP RWD cars that money can buy. It is a performance value.

I see plenty of SS owners at shows with almost performance mod (except maybe a cold air intake/louder exhaust), but tons sunk into wheels, painted engine covers, lights, and so forth.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #8
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Looks. No doubt. If I'd care more for performance I'd had gone with a stang. I want a ride I'm excited to look at and mod it later down the road than have a not so appealing ride that goes fast.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I didn't buy for speed, my V6 goes plenty fast, and gets up to speed quick enough for me. I've done a couple of performance mods, but before I get silly with it I want to get beyond my warranty and pay it off.
If money was no object I'd be in a SS and all over that 35k LS7 crate kit those Lingenfelter boys are offering. I do like to go fast.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Street King Kid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS Blk w orange stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Not really...if you only have what a V6 Camaro costs, there are very few 300HP RWD cars that money can buy. It is a performance value.

I see plenty of SS owners at shows with almost performance mod (except maybe a cold air intake/louder exhaust), but tons sunk into wheels, painted engine covers, lights, and so forth.
That's because the base SS gives many owners sufficient horsepower / speed - so the desire to go even faster then takes a back seat to looks. Hell - most people don't posess the driving skills or reflexes to even deal with the stock v8 they put in these things.
But I stick to my original statement -SS buyers value the speed and power and v-6 buyers want the look or are constrained by costs (fuel included) and have to settle. This has nothing to do with the potential to make V-6's go very fast if the desire and funds to do that are there. I know how fast they can go. However, You would have to be old school to truly understand where I am coming from. - SKK
Street King Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
SgtRoachUSMC

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
I test drove a new 5.0 the same day I went to look at and buy my used 2010 SS (same dealership, back to back tests). The Mustang was clearly the faster car (at least it clearly felt faster). I was slightly disappointed in the Camaro performance at the time, but the salesman even asked me, did I want the car that would get me down the drag strip a few tenths of a second faster or did I want a car that had awesome styling and was still amazingly fast? Since it was to be my daily driver, the choice was clear I even went to take a test drive of a Challenger, but got out as soon as I sat in it. lol- nope, not for me! I bought the Camaro for it's look, inside and out, and it's still pretty darn fast!
Black on Black 2010 2SS/ RS M6; Borla cat-back ATAK; 20% Tint; MGW Short Throw; Cold Air Inductions CAI; JL Audio: 500/1v2, 300/4v2, C2 6x9, C5 Component, 12W6v2-D4; Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT; Big Worm Motorsports Black Outs; Metra Kit; ******** Stealth Box and Amp Rack
SgtRoachUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #12
Strzelec

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
Who cares how fast it is if it's butt ugly.... Traded my 08 Vette in for the looks of the Camaro not the speed.
Strzelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #13
CAMAROssRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 Black
Mostly looks
CAMAROssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #14
SgtRoachUSMC

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
The Mustang doesn't look too bad if your standing in front of it, but any other angle it's pretty bad. LOL! I couldn't imagine spending that much money simply to hit 60mph a tad faster if I would be disappointed everyday with how it looked. I still do the pause and stare as I'm walking away from my car in a parking lot The Mustang just didn't give me that feeling.
Black on Black 2010 2SS/ RS M6; Borla cat-back ATAK; 20% Tint; MGW Short Throw; Cold Air Inductions CAI; JL Audio: 500/1v2, 300/4v2, C2 6x9, C5 Component, 12W6v2-D4; Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT; Big Worm Motorsports Black Outs; Metra Kit; ******** Stealth Box and Amp Rack
SgtRoachUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote