Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #29
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Stock is plenty fast enough for every day driving. I'll admit I get a little cranky if I don't get one good run in a day(130mph+). But I can do that east, in 5th, bone stock. Not saying I haven't made my Camaro my own, a little tweak here and there, always cosmetic. But that's literally just for me, and I wouldn't dream of spending what some do. Took off Camaro badges on fenders and replaced with stock ss badges. But as body shop owners, we get that kind of shit dirt cheap. Think we paid $15 for 2 oem ss badges, straight from GM. Small price to pay for what visually appeals to me and will make me happy(ask hubby, I'm a cheap date).

Engine mods? No thanks, don't need 'em, no tracks close enough to hit often enough to warrant it. Besides....Bitch be fast enough with out anything. Last time I was challenged at a light it was a State trooper. I laughed and did this.
Attached Images

Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #30
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Stock is plenty fast enough for every day driving. I'll admit I get a little cranky if I don't get one good run in a day(130mph+). But I can do that east, in 5th, bone stock. Not saying I haven't made my Camaro my own, a little tweak here and there, always cosmetic. But that's literally just for me, and I wouldn't dream of spending what some do. Took off Camaro badges on fenders and replaced with stock ss badges. But as body shop owners, we get that kind of shit dirt cheap. Think we paid $15 for 2 oem ss badges, straight from GM. Small price to pay for what visually appeals to me and will make me happy(ask hubby, I'm a cheap date).

Engine mods? No thanks, don't need 'em, no tracks close enough to hit often enough to warrant it. Besides....Bitch be fast enough with out anything. Last time I was challenged at a light it was a State trooper. I laughed and did this.
Love it!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #31
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
It's interesting to read how many feel the car is fast and handles well enough not modify. That's value. So good out of the box that it satisfies.

I'm in the same camp. Im leaving it stock other than a GM CAI...but only if it comes with a tune.

AND I DRIVE IT EVERY DAY!!!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #32
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The SS is already way too powerful for the street!!
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #33
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I like my '16 SS also and right now plan to leave it the way it came from Chevy. I might consider a different shifter though and possibly that GM Intake system but not for a while. A supercharger might be the best bang for the buck though. My 2010 2SS had a lot of aftermarket parts on it but I'm pretty sure that this LT1 would run off and leave that LS3 the '10 had. I thought I would miss the '10 after I first got my '16 but so far I haven't and know I made the right decision when I bought the new one.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #34
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
I'm amazed at the amount of BS people put on their camaro's.

So much time energy and money spent to do nothing other that look different (not even look better).

Unfortunately many camaro owners are more concerned with cosmetics than actual performance.
Truly is "their lawn to mow" in my opinion ... I see both sides of the argument but will do whatever I want to my car...with respect for the heritage, but that is just my opinion...which I am sharing and it is possible to add performance parts ...and look better
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #35
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I think that the 455Hp and 455 pound feet are enough for me to drive the 11 miles round trip to work and back. Most of that is spent at ~40MPH or less. I will track it some, but only for my own enjoyment. Heck, it is in my garage right now while they are resurfacing the road into town. I'll let my truck take that mess for a week or two.
Same situation here. In fact have to make a 2 hour trip this week and will take the Magnum to give the Camaro a break.

Great thread gents, some excellent response!

...and for the OP, Semper Fi Jarhead!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #36
KoolHyperBlue

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS -NPP,Mag Ride
It's amazing how many people wanna waste money on a cold air intake .
KoolHyperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #37
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I tend to agree, plus in the event someone sells their modded car they'll never get that money back and may hurt resale.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #38
KoolHyperBlue

The cold air intake has sort of become like the holy grail of mods for performance cars LMAO . Great marketing I say but they don't work . PEOPLE get it through your thick heads,Cold Air Intakes are a waste . Your telling me that the people that design these cars and spend millions on research and testing have not thought of this ?? Come on now
Old 08-01-2016, 08:11 PM   #39
The Idiocracy

Drives: 2016 Black SS
Nitrous. $7-800 and you can bolt on 150HP. Hows that for HP per dollar?
The Idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #40
KoolHyperBlue

Yeah nitrous is cheap compared to other mods and instant HP
Old 08-01-2016, 08:29 PM   #41
The Idiocracy

Drives: 2016 Black SS
and done right...safe and minimally abusive. Progressive controllers make it really easy to minimize the "hit" and introduce it more gradual over RPM. Really tossing around a 150 wet kit.
The Idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #42
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
suspension, wheel and tire mods I don't think will be causing many broken laws tho
I'm reffering to stuff like bolt on, superchargers, or other performance mods that increase power.
Even mods that increase power don't have to lead to broken laws, and you can still enjoy them in full legality at least occasionally, if only for very brief sprints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolHyperBlue View Post
The cold air intake has sort of become like the holy grail of mods for performance cars LMAO . Great marketing I say but they don't work . PEOPLE get it through your thick heads,Cold Air Intakes are a waste . Your telling me that the people that design these cars and spend millions on research and testing have not thought of this ?? Come on now
The people who design and calibrate these cars have to balance a number of conflicting influences. Power (what the consumer wants, and what marketing at least has in the past), emissions (gotta satisfy this one whether you want to or not), and fuel economy (pressure of fines for failure, plus increasing consumer pressure here).

They do the best they can to hit some best overall goal, in the time allowed, and with the then-available technology. But none of the above requirements is truly optimized individually.

The aftermarket isn't under nearly as much pressure. If anything, mpg can be sacrificed if doing so would benefit power while still achieving EPA and/or CARB blessing. Chevy can't take that approach.

A cold air intake - if it does in fact reduce intake air temperatures below OE intake air temperatures or flow a little better - can add a little power. Not as much as you would have got back in the days when open-element air filters sat on the tops of carburetors and breathed air that had just passed through the radiator, but still a little something. Whether cold air kits are worth their cost ($/HP) is the true question here.

Norm