Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #99
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam fan View Post
they haaaaave to make it just like this

For $5000, I bet those rims are different!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #100
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
[QUOTE=OPP;4653872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam fan View Post
they haaaaave to make it just like this

I think that would be a flop for GM. I really don't see what people saw in the second generation. The Mustang is going to be a modern sports car next. GM can't make something that looks like a frog as a competition.
Whats with all the 2nd gen bashing??

The 2nd gen design looks great and its still a Camaro so please stop the madness!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #101
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

This car but 400 pounds lighter and a tad smaller and I'd trade mine in for one. And I wouldn't trade mine in for much. Not even a ZL1.
I'd like to see the Gen6 actually be about 600 lbs lighter in the SS to SS comparison. Then, in the Z28 version maybe with heavier suspension parts it would be ok to simply be 300-400 lbs lighter (but with 525HP N/A).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWoj3540 View Post
"Displacement, number of cylinders, all of these things you need to think about." This means bye bye V8…get em while you can boys and girls
As I said in my earlier post on this thread, the culture at GM IS CHANGING. The "new guard" - whoever that's going to be - may carry a bigger stick than the old guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
maybe it needs to be a smaller version of the vette...?not exactly like it but styling cue's from it,
That would be a mistake in my opinion. Smaller than the Vette? Yikes. The Vette is already skinned down, LOWDOWN, and tighter than a tick in a cornrow braid. The Camaro may need to have a damn good V6 base engine and, depending on the culture/gas wars, a V6 ready to roll with 475 HP and a warranty (in a 3500 lb gross wt format). Just in case. There are plenty of Gen6 renditions out there already.

But........ bottom-line - this is what we'd all like to see a repeat of:

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...-wcdoty-award/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #102
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudgemeister View Post
Really? You'd take designers that failed to keep a defunct company's designs current and marketable and let them destroy a successful design? I could see the Camaro sales plummeting soon afterwards. Now give the Camaro team (which is or was a Cadillac team by the way) a chance to do a TransAm, now your talking.
It's obvious that we have very different opinions on Pontiac. If it would have been my call, Chevy would have been scraped and Pontiac would have lived on. just look at the G8 and then to that turd the Impala, and then we can talk about a company that kept its designs current. But If Chevy really wanted to impress me with something more than with the camaro, lets make a modern day Chevelle coup, I loved the 1970 Chevelle
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #103
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmorpheus View Post
It's obvious that we have very different opinions on Pontiac. If it would have been my call, Chevy would have been scraped and Pontiac would have lived on. just look at the G8 and then to that turd the Impala, and then we can talk about a company that kept its designs current.
I would have scrapped GMC had it been my choice. Everything they make is practically a Carbon copy of Chevy trucks. Also, being that they only sell trucks, it's sales will decrease from now on, due to people being more concerned with the price of gas.

Quote:
But If Chevy really wanted to impress me with something more than with the camaro, lets make a modern day Chevelle coup, I loved the 1970 Chevelle
No, thanks. They'd bastardize the Chevelle moniker, just as they did to the GTO*. It could never live up to the name.

*The GTO would have been a fine car, and the hate towards it would be less, had they called it something else.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #104
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
An interesting 6th Gen prospect in this photo.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #105
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Personally, I'm just happy to hear that GM is in the planning stage for the 6th Generation Camaro. It wasn't too long ago ( 1 Decade to be exact ) that at the end of the 2002 Model Year the future for the Camaro looked dead when the plug was pulled on the 4th Generation Model. Today we hear, based on the success of the 5th Gen that there will be a 6th Gen in the making for Christmas 2015 or so. To me, this is simply AWESOME news !
We have survived and will continue to prosper into the future as we look forward to what the Next Generation will have in store for us. I'm hoping the 6th Gen model will include a Z/28 version as well as a really cool 50th Anniversary Edition in 2017 as that will be most likely when I'll trade in my 2010. Until then, I wait in anticipation for the 1st Spy Photos to over.

Name:  25a.jpg
Views: 3141
Size:  459.0 KB

Name:  25b.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  424.3 KB
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #106
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I'd like to see the Gen6 actually be about 600 lbs lighter in the SS to SS comparison. Then, in the Z28 version maybe with heavier suspension parts it would be ok to simply be 300-400 lbs lighter (but with 525HP N/A).
Agreed. Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
An interesting 6th Gen prospect in this photo.
If this were an actual concept the production model would most likely be a huge disapointment.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #107
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM MAN View Post
Well I think I will have start making more room I got 3 years.
Wow

Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #108
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaucom21 View Post
I read all the comments to MotorTrend and wonder why so many Camaro haters bother to post. Do those people really think their off-the-wall comments will really influence GM? However, there were some valid well thought out suggestions.
GM did something right with the 5th generation styling as sales have indicated. Agree interior materials should be improved. I know people with some exotic sports cars that have worst visibility issues then my Camaro. But with correctly positioned mirrors, I have adjusted and perhaps have become a safer driver when I back up or change lanes. In a few years perhaps cameras cleanly integrated into the side mirrors, with a small dash monitor is the way to go for better side visibility.
I hope the 6th generation will be an evolution of the current design because the 5th generation Camaro has been a sales winner. Yes, loose some weight but that can be done with materials without reducing the current overall size. I would consider a 6th generation Camaro that has less weight, but would not consider if the Camaro smaller. Some people (responding to MotorTrend) want a smaller Camaro with more interior space including backseat, larger trunk, and add a turbo 4 cylinder. My response is go get a 4-door rice burner and add some big tail pipes the size of pipes used for sewage disposal.
I disagree with some of the MotorTrend posters that GM designed the Camaro for older guys stuck in the 60s-70s. I am an older guy and was driving in the 60s-70s, and if I wanted, I could have bought a 1st or 2nd generation Camaro instead of my 2011 2LT. Been there...but I wanted a car that looked 21st century which to my eye was the Camaro (did consider both the Mustang and Challenger but to my eye those two autos just didn't look modern enough). No way GM designed our Camaro for us older guys! I am 61 and not as limber as I once was. Getting in and out of my Camaro for the first two weeks of ownership was not graceful. However, after exercising previously un-used muscles getting in and out of my Camaro for the last 18 months, I can now slide in and out without dragging my old butt over the thin leather upholstery (LOL). Driving my 5th generation Camaro does not make me think I am younger than my 61 years, but it sure has made me more limber! Thank you GM.
I agree completely. And as for the old butt getting in and out I'm 54 soon 55 and it has made me more limber too, LOL.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #109
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Some things come into play that involve economics more than vehicle design. Ford has run the Mustang platform for 9 years, while the Camaro will only be 5(6) years old in 2015. The longer you can run a platform, the more profitable the line. GM has a good looking vehicle with good sales, so expect that they will tinker around the edges with gen 6 to use as many existing components as possible. Mustangs are currently like hookers at Charlie Sheen's house, you can't turn around without tripping over one. GM can stay the course (with minor mods) on Camaros untill they reach the saturation point of the Mustang. Then again, I could be full of brown smelly stuff.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #110
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
Not gonna happen. It has been said already that the Gen 6 will be on the Caddy ATS platform which is now finished.
Completly new.
Much effort went into each individual component to keep it light but still strong.
Caddy folks have claimed it will be in under 3400 lbs at production.

Please dont go Gen 2 on us, a revised version of this car with more 68' in it than 69' would be my preference.
Gen 1 influences are the reason this car is doing so well.

The new DI V8's will eventually reinvent the hot rodding world just as the LS motors have.
The SS and Z cars should be an impressive package for their price point.

GM, dont screw up the styling or price yourselves out of the intended market.

Good stuff is coming!
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #111
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
That rendering of that green thing looks like a corvett. I hope GM. wont mess with the styleing to much. Maby the way GM. did the 67, and 68. When you look at the auctions, Its the 69 that brings the big money. Its the style lines that looks so sexy. Doin't mess with a good thing GM.
pistolgripcopo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #112
Eviscer8r
Pirate 2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmorpheus View Post
It's obvious that we have very different opinions on Pontiac. If it would have been my call, Chevy would have been scraped and Pontiac would have lived on. just look at the G8 and then to that turd the Impala, and then we can talk about a company that kept its designs current. But If Chevy really wanted to impress me with something more than with the camaro, lets make a modern day Chevelle coup, I loved the 1970 Chevelle
Its funny you should say this. I ended up coming across an article when writing a paper for an economics class. Here is an excerpt....

"Instead of remembering Pontiac as the car company that produced the sleek Trans Am, the muscular GTO, the popular Grand Prix, or even the innovative little Fiero, it will be forever associated with the horrible Aztek which to many people has become the definition of hideous."

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation