Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #29
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
Blind Spot Monitoring
Lane Departure Warning System
Front Collision Alert
Lets hope not they work like shit in my 2015 truck.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #30
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
I have owned two cars with it, best thing they ever invented. I get annoyed having to carry keys for this car, I always get in the car and have the keys in my pocket, Have to get out of the car again to get them. The SRT Challenger had auto entry if the fob was in your pocket the doors would unlock when you touched the handle, sat down pushed the start button and drive away, never had to touch the fob.
My BMW is the first car I've had with it and honestly I didn't want it. But now after living with it for so long, it is definitely more convenient. No more accidental scratches on the door handle, easy to unlock/lock the doors with your hands full. All around good to have technology, but like many things not a necessity.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #31
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
Is anyone else concerned about a $2k or even higher price increase across the line? Think about it, new premium materials, new premium architecture, with an engine featuring more (AFM, etc), and the general up-contenting of GM vehicles. GM vehicles featuring fewer of those advances have still increased in piece considerably.
This is all well and good but the OLD gen SS Camaro is already a few grand more than the new generation Mustang GT. Where does the price problem of taking $2k on top of a sticker already $2k more than the mustang GT start to hurt sales???
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I'm curious to see if they will announce finalized numbers for power and weight like they did on the CTS-V.
Highly doubtful. We'll get more info of course, along with actually seeing the car, but I believe we won't get final details on power, weight, price, and FE on reveal day.

I've been leaning towards a new V6 model. But the V8 looms as an option in my mind. If I can get a moderately equipped 1SS automatic model in the 37,000-ish range (hopefully can get some kind of a break for loyalty discount and the fact that my brother works at the dealership?) I may swing for the V8. I can afford it, but doesn't mean I want to spend that kind of money either. I used to swear I'd never buy new, but the 5th gen broke me on that one. If I have to spend 38 to 40K just to get a moderately equipped 1SS, then I won't go down that road.

Otherwise, I could easily get a "2LT" equipped V6 model, hopefully with a performance package added. Already pretty happy with my current V6. New one promises to be even more fun to drive.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:38 AM   #33
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I'll probably do what I did with my 5th gen, wait a couple years and pick up a low mileage used 2ss for around 30k.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #34
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS C6 View Post
With all due respect to GM, the prices have become INSANE. The base price of the SS Sedan is just laughable.
I'm not paying a dime over the price of the current Camaro 1SS dealer invoice.
If GM wants more money from me, they need to offer DCT and AWD. Both of which I am happy to pay for as options.

I passed on the C7 because I cannot justify the price increase over what I paid for my 2 C6s.
I have no problem driving what I have in my garage now for the next 10 years.

With all that said, I am greatly looking forward to a 2016 Camaro 1SS.
Not sure what's laughable about the SS sedan price. It's fully loaded.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #35
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
You discarded the operative word in my post: the BASE price is laughable.
Asking me to pay an additional $16k over a 1SS Camaro to get a sedan version of essentially the same car is ridiculous. Sedans are usually cheaper than the coupe version of the same platform.
It I could buy a "1SS Sedan" for the same price as a 1SS Camaro, I'd would have bought one on day one.
As a guy who was raised in the car business, I don't pay for options unless they are absolutely necessary. Self parking and "blind spot warnings" ???? Give me a break!

If I'm spending $50k, I require a modern drivetrain including forced induction, AWD, and a DCT. The SS Sedan is a joke when compared to other $50k cars, specifically the Audi S4.
But, a no option 2016 1SS Camaro with a 7spd rev matching stick will be a good buy that makes sense with current pricing.
No, your comparison is a joke. You want to compare a tiny S4 to a Chevy SS? Give me a break. My girlfriend has an A4 ands it's a decent car, but nothing special about it.

I don't care that you don't want the features that are on the SS. It's the only way they offer them and the car is not overpriced for what you get.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #36
ChefBorOzzy

You must be evoshift or his cousin.. Going around on every forum posting about wanting awd and dct on everything.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #37
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
The blind fan boi-sim is blatant and sad.
I guess all the current supercars and super sedans have it wrong with AWD and DCT?
The S4 has more than enough room for everyone, even those with obese girlfriends.

Regardless, at least we can agree that 2016 Camaro 1SS with a stick is going to be a good buy.
How cute.. I was right. You are Evoshift on other sites. Saw your below post on Autoblog now. I'm a fanboy of what? Look at me, I prefer GM, yet I currently own a Mustang. Such a fanboy!!

Sorry pal, A4/S4 is not a big car and I wouldn't want to take a road trip in it with 3 other adults. AWD and DCT? Many of us here want RWD and a stick.. If you want AWD or DCT, stick to your S4. S4 starts at 48k while the Chevy SS is fully loaded for that money.. Yeah, Chevy SS is so overpriced .. You can keep your base S4 while I smoke you with the Chevy SS with a 6 speed manual on a dry surface.

"Love the Brembos,
but I absolutely HATE the wheels.
Why can't GM stick with a tried and true split spoke 5-STAR wheel like AMG always has?
The only time GM got it right was with the C6 ZO6 rim.

Regardless, the 2016 1ss Camaro is going to be THEE performance car to own with a 7spd stick"
Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #38
SuperSound

Quote:
The blind fan boi-sim is blatant and sad.
I guess all the current supercars and super sedans have it wrong with AWD and DCT?
The S4 has more than enough room for everyone, even those with obese girlfriends.

Regardless, at least we can agree that 2016 Camaro 1SS with a stick is going to be a good buy.
There are plenty of supercars and super sedans without AWD (LaFerrai, M5, Mercedes E63 AMG). DCT is nice but there are several TC autos (i.e. 8L90) that shift just as fast as a DCT. I would say the main advantage of a DCT is better heat handling compared to a TC (just look at the statements about the C7 Z06 auto). But really who is tracking a sedan like this frequently?

Old 04-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #39
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
The more time that passes, the more I think about getting a turbo 4 instead of an SS, assuming one is offered. I'm really not even considering the V6, because it doesn't really offer any value to me to warrant paying more for it than the turbo 4 does.

If GM can get the turbo 4 to come in around the same weight as the ATS coupe, it will be fun daily driver with enough power for daily traffic.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #40
SuperSound

Quote:
AMG E63 is AWD only.
M5 is going to AWD, as well.
Only a complete idiot believes the lie that a TC can compete with a DCT.
DCT is the superior transmission is every scenario.

GM's V8+RWD+Stick is the best of it's kind, but that combination is archaic and only worth about $30k to me if offered in a world class chassis as a daily beater or weekend toy
Based on initial reports, the 2016 Camaro 1SS is going to embody that criteria, and I look forward to buying one.
Must have been looking at the wrong car, the Jaguar XFR-S is however but the point stands...AWD is not an end all. There are lots of ultra performance cars with RWD.

As far as DCTs, you must be the idiot because there are plenty of TC autos that are just as quick, cheaper, and more reliable. Not saying they are better than DCT for track day, but they are better for a DD.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-transmissions

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-pdk-heres-how

Old 04-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #41
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Like I said, only an uneducated idiot believes the lies that a TC can compete with a DCT. Thank God that GM will still offer the 7spd stick that my 2016 Camaro SS will have, because the 8spd TC auto is terrible.
Shifts faster than porsche's DCT so...

You should probably head back to the EVO / STi forums, EvoShift2...
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:31 PM   #42
SuperSound

Quote:
Like I said, only an uneducated idiot believes the lies that a TC can compete with a DCT. Thank God that GM will still offer the 7spd stick that my 2016 Camaro SS will have, because the 8spd TC auto is terrible.
Perhaps you can shows some imperical data instead of uneducated opinions.