Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #71
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
@chazcron: While your work is actually good you kinda messed up a lot of the proportions of the front we can see in the spyshots
Don't think so..
Attached Images

chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #72
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Looks like the lower L & R insert/foglight areas should be a little less wide & just a bit taller
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #73
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Dud..............Reload !!!! I'm going to be extremely disappointed as a Gen1, Gen2, and Gen5 owner if the Gen6 is that close to a Gen5.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #74
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Any of you that don't like what you see so far, would you rather have this?
Attached Images

DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #75
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Any of you that don't like what you see so far, would you rather have this?
Code 130R was never a camaro concept...

I guess a lot of people wanted a standalone-design 6th gen (like every gen has been), not just a MY2014.2
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #76
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
I dont see a real big difference from the 5th Gen

I thought it was going to look a bit smaller since it's based on a different and smaller Alpha Platform. The wheel base looks identical to the actual one. Maybe I'm mistaking.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #77
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
I dont see a real big difference from the 5th Gen

I thought it was going to look a bit smaller since it's based on a different and smaller Alpha Platform. The wheel base looks identical to the actual one. Maybe I'm mistaking.
Photographic analysis of the prototypes has suggested that the wheelbase is a slightly shorter... maybe a couple inches.

Overall length is probably a bit less than the current car... maybe 4 or 5 inches. Of course, if you look at 4-5 inches on a ruler, you see that it's not a huge difference. So if 4 or 5 inches are gone, we wouldn't expect the new car to look dramatically smaller. We're not talking about going down to Scion/Subaru length or anything.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #78
chazcron

Color variants
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #79
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
I have to admit, it appears you did outline the sketch really good (laid it in photoshop and you got it pretty darn on) however once in color on an actual "model", I'm not all that excited anymore.

The sketch looked so much more better than the "Actual" thing even tho it's placed the same.

Now it looks nothing more to me than a 2014 with a different hood and a single LED strip.

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #80
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Code 130R was never a camaro concept...

I guess a lot of people wanted a standalone-design 6th gen (like every gen has been), not just a MY2014.2
I know that, you know that, but if you recall, it came up over and over and over of people posting this picture saying this was the next Gen Camaro....over and over and over...

I'm just feeding the trolls.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #81
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosource View Post
I have to admit, it appears you did outline the sketch really good (laid it in photoshop and you got it pretty darn on) however once in color on an actual "model", I'm not all that excited anymore.

The sketch looked so much more better than the "Actual" thing even tho it's placed the same.

Now it looks nothing more to me than a 2014 with a different hood and a single LED strip.
but it isn't a 5th gen, new chassis, new drivetrain, new interior, new convenience technology, new safety technology.

From really early on, the official GM statement has been "Evolotionary, not revolutionary", to expect revolutionary is

The fact that it does look very similar to the current car, and 99% of the people bought the car cuz it looks awesome, is a fact that I think GM took to heart and purposely did NOT stray far from current design.

Is this going to please everyone? Hell no, but I'm impressed by the subtle changes, and looking forward to final reveal.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #82
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
oh no I just mean the sketch itself looked so much more different but then you lay the sketch on an actual drawing like chazcron did and it looks so much more different than the sketch. Amazing how when you connect the dots and add color that it changes. :-)

The sketch looked like a lot of changing to the front, but then you lay it with paneling and it looks nearly identical to 5th gen's current front end in which the sketch didn't ;-)

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #83
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
Watch out for any

That's right - -I have a fleet of 'em (black suburbans)
Old 10-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #84
chazcron

There are advantages and disadvantages to each approach. Rdesign's line work is stellar and clean. Mine is more akin to a colored clay. It shows the general light and shade, but lacks real reflections. This generation redesign was intended to be evo not revo, and to my eye, has a definite softening of all the cut lines, especially in the hips. Mine invokes the softness, whereas the line art reinforces sharpness. My lack of what will likely be fabulously designed headlight buckets turn sigs and fogs is detracting from the freshness of this redesign.

Short of monetary inducement and some insider info, I'm not likely to model this in 3D because there is not enough reference to the proportions with respect to the need for front rear side and top views. My experience modeling the 2015 Mustang reminds me that you only have to be a little wrong to be WAY off.

I may decamo a rear view if RDesign does the line work for me.