Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
GraveWhisperer

Drives: Porsche 911 C4
MRC as an option on the V6 ?

Hoping that MRC will still be an option on the V6 for those of us who are already thinking supercharger. Of course we could always go the normal Suspension upgrade route if necessary. Thoughts from you V6 folks?
GraveWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
We haven't heard yet but I'm gonna say no. GM may surprise us though.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
I very seriously doubt it will be available in the 1LT/2LT at any point. It is possible that they could offer it at some point, but they don't seem to push the high-end performance stuff down to the lower trims.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
It would be cool. I am all for options for all models so it can get the cost down. With that said they didn't even give the fifth gen v6 with 20s a brake upgrade option from factory...
Old 05-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Imagine if they DID offer it in the 2.0T. The light weight, ability to increase boost, plus that handling... Would have a mean lil machine.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Nope
Old 05-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #7
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
99% positive they already said its only available in the ss models.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Won't be available on the V6.

I was VERY much hoping for a performance package option on the V6 time around with gears/suspension/brakes upgrades, and since the Ecoboost gets it, I figured Chevy would offer it. I haven't seen anything on that yet which is a bit disappointing.

But then again, it may not be as necessary as I had originally thought. If the V6 handling is as hugely improved as the short test drives indicate (and one 2014 SS 1LE owner here described the handling as similar to his 1LE) then a suspension upgrade may not be needed. Also, I believe the V6 car will come standard with Brembo brakes (and perhaps offer an upgrade) Last but not least, the auto has the 8 speed gear box which should make the need for a lower axle ratio less than with the 6 speed auto. Manual V6s may still be interested in lower gearing perhaps?

MRC being available for the V6 would be cool, but in the end not sure it is worth offering. That said, if Chevy is not going to be offering any further performance enhancements for the V6 other than what is standard, I really hope they have made the car a superb driver's experience that leans towards sports car feel rather than something more floaty and comfortable to drive.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Also keep in mind that MRC isn't specifically a magical piece of equipment that can turn the handling of an ordinary car into something spectacular. Its main function is to reduce compromise. Instead of having to choose a stiff shock for handling vs a soft one for comfort, you can get one that is very good at both.

What MRC does beyond regular adjustable shocks is that it can adapt on the fly, which is great, but at the same time it requires careful tuning and integration into the vehicle. Not saying they couldn't do that for the V6 & T4 -they absolutely could if they wanted to. But it comes back to a question of demand. How many cars could they sell with it at what price? If it doesn't generate revenue to pay for its R&D cost, it's not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
It would be cool. I am all for options for all models so it can get the cost down. With that said they didn't even give the fifth gen v6 with 20s a brake upgrade option from factory...
What makes you think that individual options bring prices down? If that were true, automakers would make everything infinitely customization (to lower costs) and increase their overall sales (because products are more desirable and more affordable).

The cheapest way to build something is to do it only 1 way. That minimizes tooling cost, simplifies the design, increases bargaining power when ordering parts from a supplier, and makes the build process as simple as it could possibly be. As you increase the number of possible combinations it takes more time, money, and effort to design, test, and build it. So while relative to a package, offering something as a standalone may be cheaper -but by offering it as a standalone option you have raised the cost of the base car, the option, and the option package.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #10
fradaj

Drives: RS
I'm guessing no MRC for the V6 or T4.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:58 AM   #11
GraveWhisperer

Drives: Porsche 911 C4
Thanks for all the great replies. I will go my normal upgrade path on the suspension as I am sure there will be many aftermarket goodies from Bilsten and the likes. Actually, for me, that's where the fun is anyway ... Suspension, exhaust, brakes, tune, etc. Can't wait to get "wrenchin".
GraveWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote