Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #15
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Corsa. I had one previously and loved it. It can get a little raspy with headers and no cats, but it sounds great on the all.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #16
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
And this is what is sounds like with windows up, and pedal all the way down. You can obviously hold a conversation with corsa, not sure how louder it gets with headers on. Ignore the whine.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #17
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
That video makes me miss my SC'd Pontiac GTP. Very nice!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #18
CajunCamaroSS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS- Red Hot
I have a 2014 SS and went with the Borla ATAK. It's really not that loud to be honest, it's a lot more passive than I expected. For some reason I was expecting annoying motorcycle loud worse case.

You can't hear it in the Cabin. When you hit 2500 rpms it picks up but thats the combination of the K&N CAI and the exhaust.

The loudest part is the start up. Here is my personal video I posted not too long ago.

CajunCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #19
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
this is a combination of Doug Thorley short tube headers, Solo High-Flow Cats, resonator delete with X pipe replacement, piped out the back with Borla Atak axleback exhaust:

its very loud... OH! and this is also with DoD disabled. i have zero drone now! thank you very much Mr Southwest Speed Ivan

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #20
Everest

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 Rally Yellow Sun Roof
If you are just trying to get a louder exhaust sound I really don't think you need to replace the exhaust all the way to the CAT's. All you really need is an axle back which is muffler and tips. If you go this route then there should be minimal drone because the resonator will still be intact (this is the thing that prevents drone on the automatic L99). You will get a different sound (louder) which by your description above is all you are looking for and you will save some cash by only replacing half of the exhaust, .

Last edited by Everest; 04-03-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #21
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Corsa all day long...
Old 04-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Corsa no done!
Mellow at 2k rpm to idle and ears bleed 3 k plus ( with headers)
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #23
CamaroSSYellow

Drives: 2012Yellow2SS
Sorry I haven't been online, I want to thank you all again for your suggestions and opinions. We just ordered the Borla Catback yesterday, we were going to just get axle back but when we heard there was cutting involved we figured we would go catback, also this way we can always put the stock back on if need be etc... I don't know, do you think maybe the dealership seen us coming ? We probably should have just went with axle back and saved some money since at this time we do not plan on getting headers or any other upgrades. Oh well, live and learn. We are still excited and looking forward to the sound, and with the nice weather right around the corner, it doesn't matter if too loud or not, this is just our weekend ride. In fact we're getting the splash guards installed this week, and also ordered black side vents for the gills. Thank's again and the videos are great !
CamaroSSYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #24
2011BlackL99

Drives: 2011 black L99 camaro
i have the borla atak axle back and it isn't too loud, im thinking of going with the corsa cat back and kooks headers with cats, a buddy of mine has that set up on his l99 and it makes your ears bleed when he revs it up
2011BlackL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #25
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
I have had Corsa cat backs on a C6 Corvette, Pontiac G8 GSP, and my first Camaro SS with the LS3 engine. I loved this system on all of these vehicles. As you have already gone with the Borla, I thing that getting the whole cat back system is your best move. Hope that you like it.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #26
Blueforce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6M
Very nice! Post a video of the sound after you install them!
Blueforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #27
mtmtx

Drives: 2SS/RS convertible, 6M
Send a message via Yahoo to mtmtx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSYellow View Post
Thank you all for the suggestions, really appreciate it ! Have some more questions, when going down the hiway 55 or 60 miles an hour, how loud is the Borla Atak and Corsa Sport going to sound in the cabin ? Are you able to hear your radio, are you able to talk on the phone, or is it too loud to hear radio and talk on phone ? We can live without the radio & phone if need be when driving this speed, especially since we want the loud sound, but it would be nice to not hear all the loundness in the cabin, I'm sure we'll hear some sound, but I hope it's not too loud in the cabin. Will either of these wake up the neighbors, not that we're worried about waking them up but just wondered Sorry so many questions, but I know the Camaro5 members would know and have these answers
I currently have ARH long tubes with cats, connected to a Corsa sport catback. I sometimes get frustrated with the lack of noise when idling or low RPM cruising. However, stand on it and you hear one angry bitch! I started with stock manifolds flowing to Solo High Flow cats flowing to the Corsa...when I added to headers, it actually got quieter. I plan to add cut-outs at some point so I can shake windows ...my$0.02

I have a ragtop...I can hear the radio, my wife, and my kiddo in the backseat or the person on the other end of a phone using the Bluetooth.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #28
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
i chose the Borla Atak. Its not nearly as loud as ppl, say it is. But then again i have not been behind it yet. From the inside its not much louder than stock, if at all. (just a little maybe)

my .02
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote