Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Never buying from HP again

So i ordered a brand new laptop from the HP website (DV6T Pavilion quad edition) in the beginning of June. They were running memorial day specials and the prices were great so i decided to make the purchase. Well it finally came today, the box was in great condition, no dents, no cuts, nothing. I open everything up and take everything out of the packaging and put the battery in and fire it up. Well it begins to load for 5 seconds and then turns off on me... ok.... so i push the button again and it loads up for another 5 second and now i get a message across the top that says cannot boot up. There could be a potential hardware issue press any key to continue..(something like that). well any key i pushed repeated this message over and over. All i could say was you have to be F&king kidding me. Thousand dollar laptop and this happens. After 10 mins of troubleshooting i get on the phone with HP.. what a nightmare. First person i talk to i tell them the issue they end up transferring me, second person i talk and explain the problem to tells me it could be a hardware problem... ON A NEW SYSTEM!? WHY??? THIS SHOULD NOT BE! now im on the phone for 20 mins and i tell her i want to send it back and just get my money.. She tells me oh we dont do refunds and i see you paid on paypal, we dont do refunds for paypal... WTF... I am not going to be out $1000, i want to speak to your supervisor right now. Now im on hold for 25 mins waiting for someone to say, hello this is Peggy speaking...i finally talk to her supervisor and says oh we can send you a recovery disc if youd like.. i kept telling her i dont want anything but my money, i want a refund. again she decided to say shell send me a disc to recover the laptop about 7x.. At this point my blood pressure is getting up there. I was telling her how can a well known company sell you something and if it doesnt work not issue a refund,... i get the "one second sir" 45 mins im on hold again Finally i get someone speaking again from the HP accounts or something and says shes really sorry for the inconvenience and that she can send me a new one or refund my money in full. Again i said just give my money back please i dont want anything in return ive been on hold for long enough. Finally tells me she will refund my paypal account in full and send me a shipping label to return it back to them.. Overall NOT IMPRESSED with HP or their customer service. WHAT A HEADACHE!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
facelykemurderrr

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
customer service these days with almost anything is ridiculous.. I previously owned an HP desktop it was alright, no complaints here. my laptop currently is a Sony Vaio, I love it. I recommend looking into those if you're still in search of a laptop. (:
facelykemurderrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Try getting internet help around here. All their calls for support are transfered to india. Like what the **** give those jobs to americans. And you never get help.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelykemurderrr View Post
customer service these days with almost anything is ridiculous.. I previously owned an HP desktop it was alright, no complaints here. my laptop currently is a Sony Vaio, I love it. I recommend looking into those if you're still in search of a laptop. (:
I still want a new laptop so once i get my money back ill be on the hunt again. Ill look into those, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Try getting internet help around here. All their calls for support are transfered to india. Like what the **** give those jobs to americans. And you never get help.
You said it!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
Most companies lack good customer service....but know this, it is very possible for the box to have been dropped or moved in a way that something inside was damaged. HP does not make most of their internal components neither do the others such as Dell, etc...
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
This is why I NEVER buy anything electronic online; monitors, tvs, computers, printers, etc. You are just asking for a headache if there is any issues.

I always do the footwork and buy from a store. That way if there is any issues it is much easier to get a replacement or your money back. There is also a much less chance it it being damaged vs ordering it online. Packages fall off trucks and conveyer belts all the time and the employees are not afraid to throw your $1,000 computer if it saves them a couple steps.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
Probably a hard drive failure. Or there wasnt an OS installed on it. Easy fix. But at least ur getting ur money back.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
As the typical apple fanboy, might I suggest going to the Apple store. A person will hand you your laptop, you can fire it up on the spot, ask him questions, etc. he can show ou boot camp so ou can load Windows, and the MacBook's just had a price drop so you're in the same price range. For future problems you can take it back to the store where an English speaking (native usually) person helps you and if necessary, the repair can sometimes be done in the back.

Full disclosure: I own Apple stock....lots of it but I also have 3 Macs, 2 iPhones, and an iPad
Old 06-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
The thing with Macs is...they aren't really very expandable. If you buy one of the newest MacBook Pros, you can't even add memory later. Even swapping the hard drives & such are a pain, and if you need to replace the display, it's all or nothing. VERY expensive to fix.

HP's are bargain basement computers. Dell is just a -little- step above them in quality/service...but not much.

There are places still that deliver exceptional customer service. They probably cost more, though.

I know the place I bought my PC sells gaming laptops, that are more expensive than your typical piece of crap HP. They even paint the laptops just like they do their desktops. My desktop I bought two years ago was painted in the same paint as my Camaro.

And, the customer service is off the charts as far as how good it is.

The place is Falcon Northwest, and they've been known for the fastest PC's and best customer service for ages now. They are, however, more expensive than many people want to pay....but the quality is there. Many choose to build their own...and many go with Alienware which was really modeled after what Falcon had done. Alienware routinely got it's ass handed to them year after year in head to head tests.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #10
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I will only buy Dell business class laptops. They have support in the USA.

HP makes great printers but their computers suck. I have more dead ones laying around here from customers than I know what to do with. Notebooks usually end up blowing out the motherboards.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I will only buy Dell business class laptops. They have support in the USA.

That's what I'm using and it's about 7-8 years old, Dell D630. It's old reliable, I never need any support. The keyboard messed up once because I spilled Dr. Pepper on it. The replacement was $10 on fleabay.

My girlfriend recently got one of those flimsy Dells at WalMart for $400, it works decent but like I said it's real flimsy.

On paper it's supposed to be faster than mine, in reality is isn't.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
HP sucks. I had an expensive laptop from them for less than a year and it began to crack and break, then the hard drive fried.

Mac or nothing for me.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'd never buy HP either, my laptop too a sh*t on me too.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
i had a HP for 3 years (it was 2 already) and it wasn't half bad, but it was a $2700 hand-me-down from my dad, who HAD to have a mac lol. he sold it to me to a few hundred, so he could pay a few hundred for a few of the very overpriced accessories that apple sells.
the computer overall, worked great for me, except for the battery only lasting 30mins after 3 years of use. for a 5 year old computer that's been upgraded to Windows 7, it still runs great, but my dad decided to take it back and put down a couple hundred bucks on my new laptop (cost me 100$ to use the HP for 3 years lol)

my "new" laptop that i am currently using, is exactly 12 months old now and it is a Samsung. i had not even known they made computers until i bought it. it was a little over $700 and it has similar specs as other 700-800 laptops, but it has a metal case, and is styled pretty similar to a macbook pro. it even has a lithium-polymer battery like the macbook pros, unlike the lithium-ion in standard laptops. Li-Po batteries last longer per charge and live through more charge cycles than the Li-Ion batteries, at the expense of not being removable.

long story short, i am absolutely loving my Samsung laptop. it has good specs, efficient cooling, thanks to the metal case. the fan hardly ever turns on, the battery life is over 5 hours of actual use, and it is small, slim, sturdy, and runs great.

if you haven't chosen a computer yet, be sure to check out the Samsungs. even though i got a low-mid proce computer, the quality is something you would expect from a $2k computer.
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote