Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer
'22 GR86/BRZ 30 55.56%
Elantra N 24 44.44%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2024, 12:50 PM   #43
FactoryMatt

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE
Great car just hate that clutch feel and the tranny is somehow notchier than a tremec rated for 1000ftlb
FactoryMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 06:11 PM   #44
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
The GR86 in stock form is kinda meh.

It's one of those cars that is a *really* blank canvas. It needs camber most of all to be true sporty car and after while, you realize it's the most anemic exhaust note ever on sporty car, so you fix that.

All that come in just shy of $1K.. so not bad way to go. Decent wheels n tires can be had for another $1K. It really does add up, but that's just shy of cost of just tires on the Camaro.

It's a REALLY tail happy car - be ready for it to go sideways when you just want mild slide.

Ts version supposedly fixed the brakes (brembos all around), but it's really just good set of pads away from fun track car.

I'm enjoying mine. No track time yet, just half dozen autox events. 5,000 miles so far.

Note on manual transmission. 1-2 may as well fax that in, it requires patience or be met with GRRRRind. I swapped out fluid for Motul 300, supposedly makes it better, haven't driven it much since change, so we'll find out tomorrow w autocross season opener. It has too much rear bar, so it pick up inside rear and makes LSD useless. Really needs sifter front bar or softer rear bar to get ass end to stay DOWN! Fairly stiff springs, almost feels like the ZL1 1LE on highway. Dash protrudes as you get in, so expect to smash you knee.. often.
Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:14 PM   #45
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I really hope Toyota puts the T3 from the GR Corolla in the 86, if they do I may buy one, but otoh I have no plans to sell my Camaro... I've heard a few people that seem more certain of it, Misha Charoudin (from the YT Nurburgring channel) mentioned it on one of his vids recently.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:35 AM   #46
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Toyota is supposedly working on a new MR2, which will be using the turbo 3 from the GR Corolla as well. If that car comes to fruition I'd be surprised if they shove the turbo 3 in the GR86 as well.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:11 PM   #47
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
If anyone is interested......

Old 04-25-2024, 10:25 AM   #48
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
The GR86 in stock form is kinda meh.

It's one of those cars that is a *really* blank canvas. It needs camber most of all to be true sporty car and after while, you realize it's the most anemic exhaust note ever on sporty car, so you fix that.

All that come in just shy of $1K.. so not bad way to go. Decent wheels n tires can be had for another $1K. It really does add up, but that's just shy of cost of just tires on the Camaro.

It's a REALLY tail happy car - be ready for it to go sideways when you just want mild slide.

Ts version supposedly fixed the brakes (brembos all around), but it's really just good set of pads away from fun track car.

I'm enjoying mine. No track time yet, just half dozen autox events. 5,000 miles so far.

Note on manual transmission. 1-2 may as well fax that in, it requires patience or be met with GRRRRind. I swapped out fluid for Motul 300, supposedly makes it better, haven't driven it much since change, so we'll find out tomorrow w autocross season opener. It has too much rear bar, so it pick up inside rear and makes LSD useless. Really needs sifter front bar or softer rear bar to get ass end to stay DOWN! Fairly stiff springs, almost feels like the ZL1 1LE on highway. Dash protrudes as you get in, so expect to smash you knee.. often.
Making the sound of that exhaust decent may not be easy.

My brother has a 1st gen BRZ. Tried a couple different exhausts and unequal headers, didn't help. The older 2.5L Subies sound better, (besides the turbo). He currently also has the previous gen N-line hatch as his daily, he didn't care for the newer Elantra styling. (i30N without the drivetrain. From the passenger side, it's a typical car)
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:53 AM   #49
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i don't have any issues with the manual trans in mine. it is very smooth driving normally and has no issues when banging gears. i installed a billetworkz shifter a couple weeks ago. it still isn't what id call notchy but very crisp and throws are noticeably shorter. dragy looks like an auto car.

confession: the first pull i made from a dead stop i habitually no lifted 1-4. certainly not on purpose but the trans didn't care one bit. very fun car to drive. i got a 23 brz limited m6. not getting into anything major, so far ive:

removed carbon trap from the airbox
swapped to a green air filter
disabled the engine noise maker thing

going to swap brake pads this weekend, as i feel the brakes and shifter really needed attention the most. done after that. gonna drive it to work and hope it doesn't suck any rtv into the motor that i know is stuck on the pickup screen.