Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Ideas on how to complete this lighting project

Hey all. I am looking for some ideas on how to get this project done. What I am wanting to get done is;
When I turn off the car and when the exterior lights turn on in delay. I want the grill area, mail slot and the helos to be blue. Then turn off when the delay is done.
Also when you unlock the doors and all the lights come on..same thing helos, mail slot and grill area with be blue.

BUT when you start the car the helos will be white (if lights are on). Grill and mail slot will be off.

Thanks

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Speed Kills
Live to Drive

Drives: 2010 IBM RS/SS, 2018 Toyota Tacoma
I tapped into the dome light for my footwells and I also ran a led strip of lights behind the grill at that time, so on lock and unlock my grill is illuminated. I can also turn it on manually with the dome light switch. There is a thread about tapping the dome light wire and a pass through from the cabin to engine compartment. I can offer no help on the color changing halos. Hope what I offered gives you some direction. I assume the mail slot would be similar to the grill. I would take the front fascia off to get behind the grill. When I did it, I tried to squeeze my arm through the opening after removing the metal plate by the hood latch. The red cross would have been very happy with my donation - my driveway did not seem to have an opinion either way.
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Tri-Nads Racing
More Balls Than You

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS / 1969 Camaro 427 SS/RS
Tri-Nads Racing is offline   Reply With Quote