Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
X-rated

Drives: 2014 2ss vert
WOW. This thing is a great cruiser!!!

I picked up my new 14 ss rs convert back in November put a CAI and long tubes on it did a dyno tune and put it away. When we pointed it south this morning it had 155 km or 100 miles on it and it was 5 degrees F. We're now 60 degrees and the clock reads 550 miles. All I can say is WOW. Only problem I can see is its real hard to keep this beauty under 85 and it's very comfortable at 100. Another 800 miles and well b in Vegas with the top down.
I really don't understand why some peeps on here park there cars and rent something else when they go on a road trip, this thing really is a great cruiser.
X-rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Haha nice. Congrats. I used to take my previous SS on road trips to Vegas a few times in the 3 yrs of ownership. I agree, ver quick to rise above 85 and cruise at 100. Just need to watch out for NHP. Usually around and come out of the wood work.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
orange blaze
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Wish i was in Vegas

Nice to hear the ride was good. How are the seats for comfort? I have a 2011 SS and I find long trips a little uncomfortable. Maybe the 2014 seats are better.
orange blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
I agree. I have found mine to be ideal for road trips. Comfortable, stable as a train, fun, and decent mpg. The only caveat would be the stock tires if you're operating at cold temperatures.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #5
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
10x's better than my 4th gen.
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
X-rated

Drives: 2014 2ss vert
Yup. Stock tires. Was a bit sketchy til it warmed up.
X-rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #7
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I put 1k miles on a 2013 Convertible SS out in Phoenix/Sedona last June. The only downside was that car rattles like a mofo, I also couldn't help but notice the whole car shakes a lot more with bumps and didn't feel as peppy with the extra weight. Granted we also had 3 adults in the car for all those miles.

I do agree with the great cruiser sentiment, it's no problem at all for me to put the miles down in my 2010. No huge road trips so far though, but I do 6 hours over 2 days sometimes driving to HPDEs/autocrosses.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #8
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Welcome to Vegas! Today i was driving all over the place with the top down and it was gorgeous out at 78 degrees.
if you get a chance go for a cruise up and down the strip......
As for the rattling? I never notice any in my car, and it is very solid when going over bumps, not as solid as a hardtop but heads and shoulders above any other convertible i have ever driven, but then again.......ITS A 'VERT! JUST THROW THE TOP DOWN AND ENJOY IT!!!!!!
If you concentrate on negTive things........u will find them, just ignore them...
Old 02-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #9
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Welcome to Vegas! Today i was driving all over the place with the top down and it was gorgeous out at 78 degrees.
if you get a chance go for a cruise up and down the strip......
As for the rattling? I never notice any in my car, and it is very solid when going over bumps, not as solid as a hardtop but heads and shoulders above any other convertible i have ever driven, but then again.......ITS A 'VERT! JUST THROW THE TOP DOWN AND ENJOY IT!!!!!!
If you concentrate on negTive things........u will find them, just ignore them...
This was a rental Camaro SS from Hertz, i'm sure it hadn't been treated nicely, and the paint was in terrible shape. I believe most of the rattle was from lack of lubricant on some of the convertible mechanisms.

I have to admit, it took my brother and myself quite a while to figure out how to work the top, then we couldn't figure out how to roll up the B pillar windows lol. I'm sure it was hilarious to watch. I felt really silly when I realized there were window switches for the small windows, lol.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #10
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
The vert is awesome. I bought mine in August and once I drop the top it was a new experience. Especially with the SS you just want to stay out and cruise till the sun goes down cause the car is to much fun to drive. I actually catch myself just driving for no reason cause I want to hear the car and feel the sun and also see those stares hehe. It is hard to maintain a proper speed though I'll give you that.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #11
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Last summer I attended the Sturgis Camaro Rally. I drove from Tampa, Fl and back. A total of 4,532 miles. It was a very fun, comfortable and awesome ride!!
Old 02-07-2015, 10:26 PM   #12
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
The vert is awesome. I bought mine in August and once I drop the top it was a new experience. Especially with the SS you just want to stay out and cruise till the sun goes down cause the car is to much fun to drive. I actually catch myself just driving for no reason cause I want to hear the car and feel the sun and also see those stares hehe. It is hard to maintain a proper speed though I'll give you that.
At the risk of a V6 vs V8 war, i gotta say i had the choice of a SS or V6, money was no object when i got my Vert, due to the fact that my car is now pretty much a toy, i had a choice of getting whatever i wanted.
i test drove my v6 first with the NPP exhaust and fell in love with it, i then drove the v8 manual, ya it was nice but i loved the feel of the v6 better, more power in the SS was nice, but to me it wasn,t no $10000 nicer. IMHO the V6 RS was just a lot nicer to drive, i really haven't looked back either and no regrets here. After driving a v6 1lt for 52000 miles over a two year period i am STILL very impressed at the performance of this v6, now that i have added the vert option, it is now perfect, and to me..........it is just as enjoyable to drive as an SS, however......the SS would have DEFINITELY gotten me into trouble, the extra power for me is way too tempting...
Old 02-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #13
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Almost forgot the best part; the backbeat of the V8 on a fuse-pulled NPP is better than valium.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:27 AM   #14
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
At the risk of a V6 vs V8 war, i gotta say i had the choice of a SS or V6, money was no object when i got my Vert, due to the fact that my car is now pretty much a toy, i had a choice of getting whatever i wanted.
i test drove my v6 first with the NPP exhaust and fell in love with it, i then drove the v8 manual, ya it was nice but i loved the feel of the v6 better, more power in the SS was nice, but to me it wasn,t no $10000 nicer. IMHO the V6 RS was just a lot nicer to drive, i really haven't looked back either and no regrets here. After driving a v6 1lt for 52000 miles over a two year period i am STILL very impressed at the performance of this v6, now that i have added the vert option, it is now perfect, and to me..........it is just as enjoyable to drive as an SS, however......the SS would have DEFINITELY gotten me into trouble, the extra power for me is way too tempting...
Got to control that temptation lol. V6 or V8 it doesn't matter dropping that top and cruising around is a fun experience. The SS for me was an added bonus I would've easily taken the V6 but the dealer wasn't working with me and the other dealer that had the V8 was. Everyone has their own taste but is vert people have a thing in common, once that top goes down the cruise factor goes up.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote