Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #29
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
you sound like someone who has a real non modded Camaro and wishes for something faster because they are not taking the plunge to mod it........ If it were cammed and had headers with a tune and a good torque converter you would not think about trading it most likely and love it more. And would be asking what suspension mods you should do. IMO cadilllac...might as well buy some touch of grey for your hair.....lol
Not necessarily true. Mine (2013 ss) has full bolt ons and a healthy cam (478 rwhp) and my V is still more fun and not much slower and it is still stock. If you drive a v after an ss then it will all make sense. Hence why I have both plus a Z06.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #30
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Not necessarily true. Mine (2013 ss) has full bolt ons and a healthy cam (478 rwhp) and my V is still more fun and not much slower and it is still stock. If you drive a v after an ss then it will all make sense. Hence why I have both plus a Z06.
Why is a V more fun than a muscle car? Is it because you have more cushy for your tushy?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #31
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
No matter what you do to your car, there will always be someone who will come out with a faster/ quicker more performance oriented car. Either the big manufacturers will produce it or an individual. just build your car to,what you expect and have fun.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #32
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
Man, I love my camaro and camaros in general. But if I could have bought a CTS-V instead, I def would have.
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Exactly! Because everyone always want more power ! So no excuse there! He need to go buy the 1400HP Camaro just so he can tell us he want more HP than just 1400HP!
Sorry but not everyone wants more power......
Old 12-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #34
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Sorry but not everyone wants more power......
Well, I mean ppl that actually like alot of power! They never stop! Of course there's ppl that are happy with the power that comes from the factory!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #35
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan454 View Post
Man, I love my camaro and camaros in general. But if I could have bought a CTS-V instead, I def would have.
You could've bought a used one like this person!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #36
Silver2S

Drives: 2012 Silver Camaro SS 2SS
I had a trailblazer SS that was a heavy vehicle that I thee bolt on's and a cam in. I thought that the Camaro SS was going to be as fast if not faster. It's not and I miss it. The V just seems like it has more technology and horsepower then a SS with a L99. After spending the money to get it back to that level of seat of your pants feel I might as well get a V that has all of that with no issues that come with moding a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silver2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #37
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2S View Post
I had a trailblazer SS that was a heavy vehicle that I thee bolt on's and a cam in. I thought that the Camaro SS was going to be as fast if not faster. It's not and I miss it. The V just seems like it has more technology and horsepower then a SS with a L99. After spending the money to get it back to that level of seat of your pants feel I might as well get a V that has all of that with no issues that come with moding a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well , a ZL1 has the Camaro looks and the V technology and HP! But did you try the LS3 before you bought the L99?
Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #38
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Why is a V more fun than a muscle car? Is it because you have more cushy for your tushy?
Hahaaahaaa my SS seats were way more cushy than the Recaro's in the V. SS was softer sprung, more body roll, floaty compared the V.

Quote:
Well , a ZL1 has the Camaro looks and the V technology and HP!
Performance-wise yes, but the interiors are drastically different (mainstream vs luxury) which may or may not be important to the OP.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #39
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
A Caddy is what grown-ups drive. Of course at fifty i'm firmly in my second childhood so luxury sedans can suck it.

You know what you really want is a blower and to keep hanging out with the cool kids.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #40
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Nah, I would def stick with the ZL1. I'd rather have a truck with the luxuries than a sedan.

ZL1 for performance please.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #41
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OP where does it end? whats the purpose of the extra hp? i dont understand how anyone could complain that a SS is "slow". whats the end result, a John Force Funny car with 7000 HP ? i dont see the logic on some of these threads. be happy with the SS, make some mods and drive the car. it seems like it just falls into EGO and braggin rights and not common sense or practicality. just my 2 cents worth
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #42
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
OP where does it end? whats the purpose of the extra hp? i dont understand how anyone could complain that a SS is "slow". whats the end result, a John Force Funny car with 7000 HP ? i dont see the logic on some of these threads. be happy with the SS, make some mods and drive the car. it seems like it just falls into EGO and braggin rights and not common sense or practicality. just my 2 cents worth
Hey, some people just like different things, he wants a faster car, and if he's got the money to get what he wants then more power to him.

I would agree the SS isn't slow, but the CTS-V is faster, it just sounds like OP wants more power and I think the decision to buy something that's faster stock will be a more reliable one than supercharging his current car. It certainly makes way more sense from the money side, you'll never see that 7-8k again from the Camaro, but the CTS already comes with it.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote