Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #85
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I know the "Intake Manifold" spacer works on an Xterra. (there is also a TB spacer but it does nothing) But I suppose whether it would have the same benefit on any other car would be dependent on the design of that car.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #86
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Does anybody here understand fluid dynamics over a wing surface?

If you do that will help explain why you want the blade perfectly flat in the throttle body as opposed to at a slight angle.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #87
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
People can say that it won't work, but your saying that based on TBS not working on other cars. You're making assumptions, and you know what they say when you assume.

I for one will be buying one of these. There were doubters when the Vararam intake came out, and they got quiet real quick once track times started to come in. Vararam would sell the super wedge if it didn't work.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #88
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Sorry bout that didn't mean to come out that way. Yes I agree as well that polished TB's are worthless.
Mine works just fine and worth what I paid for it.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #89
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Does anybody here understand fluid dynamics over a wing surface?

If you do that will help explain why you want the blade perfectly flat in the throttle body as opposed to at a slight angle.
Do you understand why you can't compare fluid dynamics of a wing to a TB blade?
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #90
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
People can say that it won't work, but your saying that based on TBS not working on other cars. You're making assumptions, and you know what they say when you assume.

I for one will be buying one of these. There were doubters when the Vararam intake came out, and they got quiet real quick once track times started to come in. Vararam would sell the super wedge if it didn't work.
+1
I have learned to wait for numbers to be posted before commenting or buying. I have seen more than once people eating thier own words.
I have also learned most of the vendors on C5 are very reputable.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #91
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
I only wish that one day everyone will come to understand air intakes and exhausts.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #92
From The Future
needs gas money

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM 6M
tested with a tune?

Hey rolnslo and 2ssrs, you guys are currently testing this new product with a Vararam intake. Have you re-tuned your engine since adding the new wedge spacer?

The reason I ask is because of what Vararam Steve posted earlier in the thread:

(When installed on a VR equipped Car the spacer will space the MAF closer to the throttle body richening up the Air Fuel by 4-5% . This does cost you some of the total power gain by about 5hp & 5-6 ftlbs of Torque. This can obviously be tuned out for max power gains . When used with other cone and pipe style intakes this does not occur so the full power gain is realized without any need to correct the air fuel. Just bolt it on and GO!)

Also, are you guys using the "Tune" or "No-tune" version of the Vararam? I currently have the no-tune version on my car and i wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the tune version as well as try this new spacer.
From The Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #93
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsinger View Post
+1
I have learned to wait for numbers to be posted before commenting or buying. I have seen more than once people eating thier own words.
I have also learned most of the vendors on C5 are very reputable.
Agreed
Old 06-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #94
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Future View Post
Hey rolnslo and 2ssrs, you guys are currently testing this new product with a Vararam intake. Have you re-tuned your engine since adding the new wedge spacer?

The reason I ask is because of what Vararam Steve posted earlier in the thread:

(When installed on a VR equipped Car the spacer will space the MAF closer to the throttle body richening up the Air Fuel by 4-5% . This does cost you some of the total power gain by about 5hp & 5-6 ftlbs of Torque. This can obviously be tuned out for max power gains . When used with other cone and pipe style intakes this does not occur so the full power gain is realized without any need to correct the air fuel. Just bolt it on and GO!)

Also, are you guys using the "Tune" or "No-tune" version of the Vararam? I currently have the no-tune version on my car and i wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the tune version as well as try this new spacer.
I'm currently running a No-tune Vararam intake with the stock tune. I'm trying to keep the stock tune as long as possible to preserve my warranty but that may change when I add LTs so I can pass the stupid annual emissions testing.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #95
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Do you understand why you can't compare fluid dynamics of a wing to a TB blade?
I see that you don't...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #96
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post

some of these guys want to look at peak hp, and I laugh at them

the Vararam intakes give a nice gain ON THE TRACK, which is all most people really care about, peak hp when choosing a CAI doesn't mean a whole lot... if people want to put all their marbles in a basket over one independent test, by all means, they can, its their car... but Vararam has been making quality parts that give real time gains for years...

just like a ported throttle body... people say "oh, it gives no gains"... and i'm sure it isn't a seat of the pants different, but who is going to benefit the MOST from a ported throttle body? not a manual car, an automatic car, in throttle response... THAT is why you buy a ported throttle body... will it make you faster from a dig? probably not, will it give you better throttle response in a pull down the highway? yes, it will... it has on previous cars, it will on these... and i'd expect a TB spacer to fall along those lines, no its probably not ever going to win you a race but has anyone ever heard the term "every little bit helps"... build a boosted car in a lifetime and you'll greatly come to appreciate that term, with boost especially sometimes the little things, can make a big difference

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #97
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I've got a ported TB that will change peoples opinion on em.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #98
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
This thread isn't about porting though.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote