#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Phastek Performance

Old 02-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #911
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Great game. I only caught the last quarter. Well about half the last quarter.

After seeing all the social media comments and some here a couple things come to mind.

Seattle is a great team and should be battling to go back next year.

Heard some people talk about the Seahawks had them beat and lost only because of one play. Sorry. Not true. I could argue that they were at the end zone because of one lucky play. Wilson threw a pick on the goal line. So did Tom Brady earlier in the game. After 60 minutes the Patriots outplayed the Seahawks by a smidgen and are the true champs. (Stupid Patriots)

Now for my own observation.

Brady's game was much more impressive than Wilsons. To prove that comment I ask you this........

What is more impressive, Brady having that game against the Seattle defense or Wilson having that game against the Patriots defense?

Both ratings over 100 both played great. But to have a game like that against that nasty mean defense in the biggest game there is....... impressive.

I envy the Hawks. I'd cut off a finger for Russel Wilson in Buffalo.
I thought one of the mistakes Seattle made on offense was keeping Wilson in the pocket so much. He had a few good runs, but more often held the ball too long (reeeaaaallly too long considering how much protection he was getting from his offensive line). I know coaches want young quarterbacks to develop their pocket passing, but there are regular season games to do that in, not the SuperBowl.

I like EJ Manual in Buffalo. I'm not a Rex fan though. I'd hate to see Rex ruin the momentum Buffalo had from last season.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #912
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I didn't get back to the hotel in Tucson until midnight. Just woke up about 2 hours ago and the girlfriend & I were spending some time thinking about something other than football

Though I would have loved to see us win, life goes on. I had an awesome month in Seattle and down here.

I'm here at Dove Mountain in Tucson now, enjoying the resort and will be driving back to North Carolina tomorrow.

Had an amazing time last week at Ron Fellows Performance Driving school...that place is amazing. Learned some great techniques to use with my Stingray at the track, and plan to head back for the Level 2 and Level 3 courses, as well as a Z06 course (ordered one last month).

Overall, this last month was amazing though.
Lucky! How is Dove Mtn? Did you make it over to Scottsdale for the WMO?
Old 02-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #913
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Name:  B8zwjFACAAEsxdC.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  22.5 KB
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #914
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Seattle is a great team and should be battling to go back next year.
They MIGHT. Recall in a day or two Quinn (their Defensive Coordinator) will be head coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

So, will the defense carry on? Will they re-sign the beast? Could they afford to? Or afford NOT to? Seahawks might be contenders next season perhaps, but not likely the force they were last year or what they were earlier in the playoffs. In all honesty, while there were glimmers of good offense this year, for the most part, Seattle's offense was stutter-start. If they functioned more like, for example, the Ravens offense, God help anyone who gets in their way. Seattle's defense saved many a game for them. If you're honest with yourself, you'd likely agree.

Several questions will come up for next season. Of course, they can spend more time thinking about things like that instead of polishing up the Super Bowl trophy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #915
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Attached Images

AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #916
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
Quote:
Good Game, Pats!

Was an awesome season and even with the loss, the Super Bowl was pretty fun.

Wilson had them driving, and I even understand the call to pass the ball. Butler made an outstanding play (I said that in the stands even before I saw the replay).

I'm pretty sure Pats fans were having PTSD after the Helmet Catch 2...ya'll know how fortunate you are to have come away with a win yesterday, right?

Enjoy the ring...maybe we'll see you again next year.
Thanks Steve, that win after that circus catch takes the pain away from the 2007 David Tyree helmet catch...it sucks having your heart ripped out..been there done that. Just hope the Seahawks locker room doesn't start pointing fingers and ruin a good thing.
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #917
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Each team is fortunate to get to that game. In order to win, you have to be in a position to win; lets give some credit where it is due. Pats made great drives to come back and be up when that interception was made, and they did it decisively against a terrific defense. The interception was a great last minute play, one for the highlight reels for all time I think. But without the offense getting it done against a defense that was supposed to shut down the Pats' O, that game would have been lost well before the interception.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #918
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
...ya'll know how fortunate you are to have come away with a win yesterday, right?
the Pats were about this fortunate.

As a Packer fan I feel your heartache and look forward to seeing you all in GB next year during the regular season.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #919
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
welp, time for a 2015 thread! GO DOLPHINS!!!

Old 02-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #920
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
FULL DISCLAIMER: Major Patriots "homer" here. Also a major NFL fan and film watcher.

My observations after reviewing the Title game:
- Patriots offense is hyper-dynamic, can adjust to any defense. There is I think only ONE way to be effective vs the Seattle secondary (underneath routes, flat passes, wait for them to throw out a change up into man coverage by linebackers) and the Pats found it. 99% of the NFL will not be able to execute that way. Unreal secondary in Seattle. Blew me away with most of what they did in this game. Talent level is unmatched.

- Seattle is really limited on offense IF the run game is not working. In this game the deep "pray for it" air balls fell mostly in their favor, and that's a true credit to Wilson and the WR corp. Can't count on that long term IMO.

- The NFL is always in motion. Just now we are used to the "Big WR" and the "Big CB" line of thinking, but as DB's get bigger, maybe WR's get smaller. Seattle had a tough time vs Amendola and Edelman. Copy cat league, shifty small WR's can frustrate great DB's.

- In a game like this anything can matter, and I can't fathom why WR Doug Baldwin after his TD (nice pick ref!) does that stupid TD display of a Randy Moss pants thing and defecating on the ball. That would have got him a place on the bench on any Team with any discipline. WTF was that? Set up great field position for next Pats drive.

- Michael Bennett was a MONSTER, guy was unblockable for most of the game. WOW.

- In one on one plays, Gronkowski vs Chancellor (I did not see any real issue with his knee in game) was about a draw except the big play by Gronk in 4th quarter.

- Ok, the Kearse catch was amazing and he kept his eyes out for the ball, great concentration. Honest though, it's a circus catch.

- Coming out of a time out, with 1 left, the Seahawks run Lynch to the 1 yard line. Patriots do not call a time out. Clock is running. Many cannot believe it, call it the worst call ever. I don't know, I think a quick slant there is a great call to kill the clock or score the final TD. If Lynch runs and does not get in (I know he would have) you got two pass plays left in a few seconds after you call final time out.

- Seattle was really scrappy and angry and started a fight. Not real happy about that and again it is a discipline issue.

Overall, what a game. Twists and turns. Great plays and bonehead plays (Brady's 1st pick, WTF was that???).

In the end I think it was the best SB I have seen (Steelers vs Cardinals was just so crazy wild!) and the better overall team won.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:11 PM   #921
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
welp, time for a 2015 thread! GO DOLPHINS!!!

AZ Cardinals get to play with a Quarterback again
Old 02-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #922
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
AZ Cardinals get to play with a Quarterback again
will palmer be ready for the start of the season?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #923
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

i havn't heard anything lately, just that he'd be ready in june.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #924
PoorMansCamaro