Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #57
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
ive almost given up on waiting for GM to come out with this

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #58
bseiter98

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis@hixsonnet.com View Post
ive almost given up on waiting for GM to come out with this
Same here... I have contacted them twice via their website but of course, no response at all.
bseiter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:46 PM   #59
bseiter98

They just responded and apologized for the delay regarding their response about the "coal air intake" I inquired about. I wonder if this is a charcoal based coal air system LOL! I will just keep waiting as many of you have...
bseiter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #60
XxStratos88xX

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS & 2015 Colorado ZLI
Talked to my dealer about it today , ordering a 2017 thought I would check on it the didn't even have the part number in there system I gave them the number off the website , definitely want one
XxStratos88xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #61
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

GM is still collecting the Cold air from up north. Blame it on El Niņo.

No Bueno!
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #62
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Found out that it will be out around November 1st from a very reliable source this last weekend. I told them I have been waiting for it since I ordered mine in January. My dealership thought around May but obviously that was wrong! Sema is November 1-4 this year. Can't wait to order and have it installed on my Hyper Blue Metallic SS.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #63
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
Found out that it will be out around November 1st from a very reliable source this last weekend. I told them I have been waiting for it since I ordered mine in January. My dealership thought around May but obviously that was wrong! Sema is November 1-4 this year. Can't wait to order and have it installed on my Hyper Blue Metallic SS.
Damn that's a wait! Any performance data available?
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:44 PM   #64
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Chevy sucks with their "accessories and performance parts". Early 2016 was BS. And they don't seem to care about their most enthusiastic customers. It gets old.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:26 AM   #65
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Damn that's a wait! Any performance data available?
Yes it is!! No performance data. Did not go into detail just said that they dropped the ball and was hoping to have it out by now. I am in no big hurry because I was waiting for all aftermarket companies to have their version out before I decided what to do. Engineers are kicking it into high gear now. Hope it is true and comes with a tune from GM!!

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #66
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
Chevy sucks with their "accessories and performance parts". Early 2016 was BS. And they don't seem to care about their most enthusiastic customers. It gets old.
Oh believe me, they care - and want you to buy their stuff!

It's very disappointing the obstacles the need to overcome to sell it, though.

Not an excuse...just a thought: They very much care about their enthusiast customers. We're a valuable resource in many respects.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:27 AM   #67
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
The problem is not that they don't care. They truly do. Every single marketing person, engineer you will ever talk to actually LOVE their jobs and are people just like you and I whom also LOVE cars. You can see the passion they have for their jobs and truly do love making the customers happy. They do their job to make customers happy. After all, it is a business haha.

But it is a MASSIVE company. There are an insane amount of obstacles and hoops they gotta jump through to get things done vs ANY aftermarket company. Lawyers, engineers, government, marketing, accounting, production, etc.

If an aftermarket company let's say is making 1500 intakes, GM will be making 150,000. And they just won't release them 1 at a time, it will be at least in batches just like aftermarket companies BUT since the amount of those batches will be insane it takes time and that is JUST the production aspect of it.

Speaking of the intakes, CARB certification is plain and simple a PITA. It takes a LOT of time, manpower (lawyers), paperwork, money and other things. Which could literally take a year or more to get it all done which I am guessing is one of the major hold ups that GM Performance is having. No CARB cert = No Cali market and Cali market is HUGE. Lot's of money to be made there and if you can't sell it in Cali, that's a lot of money lost.

The only "issue" I kinda have with GM performance is the lack of communication. It doesn't take a whole lot of work to update the customers on what's going on. I do see negative sides of that especially if they hit some bumps or a wall with delivering but still... I think it would better to let people know about things especially since the last time we heard about MRC lowering springs or the intake (just 2 examples off the top of my head) was back in SEMA 2015... lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #68
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
The problem is not that they don't care. They truly do. Every single marketing person, engineer you will ever talk to actually LOVE their jobs and are people just like you and I whom also LOVE cars. You can see the passion they have for their jobs and truly do love making the customers happy. They do their job to make customers happy. After all, it is a business haha.

But it is a MASSIVE company. There are an insane amount of obstacles and hoops they gotta jump through to get things done vs ANY aftermarket company. Lawyers, engineers, government, marketing, accounting, production, etc.

If an aftermarket company let's say is making 1500 intakes, GM will be making 150,000. And they just won't release them 1 at a time, it will be at least in batches just like aftermarket companies BUT since the amount of those batches will be insane it takes time and that is JUST the production aspect of it.

Speaking of the intakes, CARB certification is plain and simple a PITA. It takes a LOT of time, manpower (lawyers), paperwork, money and other things. Which could literally take a year or more to get it all done which I am guessing is one of the major hold ups that GM Performance is having. No CARB cert = No Cali market and Cali market is HUGE. Lot's of money to be made there and if you can't sell it in Cali, that's a lot of money lost.

The only "issue" I kinda have with GM performance is the lack of communication. It doesn't take a whole lot of work to update the customers on what's going on. I do see negative sides of that especially if they hit some bumps or a wall with delivering but still... I think it would better to let people know about things especially since the last time we heard about MRC lowering springs or the intake (just 2 examples off the top of my head) was back in SEMA 2015... lol.
100%! EPA and all the other government BS holds all these types of things up! GM wants to sell it and make money, sometimes things are out of their control. Hopefully soon though.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #69
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post

And in addition to all that...GM puts their stuff through the same sort of OE testing that their cars go through. $$$, time, and certifications....an additional hurdle.

I'm actually surprised that some of the things got out as soon as they did, like the lowering kit and axle back.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #70
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
100%! EPA and all the other government BS holds all these types of things up! GM wants to sell it and make money, sometimes things are out of their control. Hopefully soon though.
Sadly, it's true! Why would they make stuff and not sell it asap? Lol. It's all about how fast you get your investment return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
And in addition to all that...GM puts their stuff through the same sort of OE testing that their cars go through. $$$, time, and certifications....an additional hurdle.

I'm actually surprised that some of the things got out as soon as they did, like the lowering kit and axle back.
Very true! For this time around, I know the accessories team started working on the parts the same time the actual production vehicle started being created. I think that helped A LOT. If only we knew what the priority list is/was and the progress :/
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote