Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #15
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Most *ssholes have opinions, or something like that.

I like the look you have achieved for YOUR Camaro. Definitely not one of the clones.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #16
DCPX

Drives: Camaro
They weren't hating on camaros. They are hating on YOUR custom camaro.
DCPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #17
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
I would never tell a stranger to their face that I don't like their car. I will find SOMETHING I like about it and comment on that!

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #18
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I think it was kind of odd that they went right out there and said what they didn't like.(the fact they have a civic actually means nothing to me) If your going to strike up a conversation with someone, why on earth would you just go right into what you don't like.

BTW I think the two tone looks great, the hood vents are ok IMO lol.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #19
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I like the look of your car.

Oh well, move on. Who cares what others really think anywho...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #20
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
They drive a civic man, so their taste in cars is obviously different from yours. WGAF about their opinion? Don't let it bother you.

My response would have had to be censored.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #21
BETO713

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
I would never tell a stranger to their face that I don't like their car. I will find SOMETHING I like about it and comment on that!
totally agree and done this before, i mean they ARE Camaro enthusiasts if they personalize their Camaro and if they have something i do like on their car even as small as tinting the tail lights or blacked out a certain part of the car it would be nice to have a conversation with a fellow Camaro lover lol
BETO713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #22
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Help me understand the butthurt you feel when someone disses your car. They only said what they were thinking, and just because you didn't ask for feedback doesn't mean they're not entitled to an opinion. For whom did you customize your Camaro for anyway? Was it you, or someone else? I guess it's hard for me to get it because I give two rats asses what others think of my mods. Everyone's an artist and we each paint our own pictures.

What if they blurted out "Nice car?" Would your butt still hurt because that was unsolicited? Probably not. Learned a long time ago you must grow thicker skin when you own a Camaro. Even though we all like them here, some out in the world won't. Go to a Honda Civic convention and see what they think of you.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #23
sticks88

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS ,2014 Rav4
Nothing wrong with your 2-tone.
sticks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #24
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Maybe they are a schizophrenic couple. Just move on.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #25
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
I think it's your spoiler that's throwing everything off
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #26
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Help me understand the butthurt you feel when someone disses your car. They only said what they were thinking, and just because you didn't ask for feedback doesn't mean they're not entitled to an opinion. For whom did you customize your Camaro for anyway? Was it you, or someone else? I guess it's hard for me to get it because I give two rats asses what others think of my mods. Everyone's an artist and we each paint our own pictures.

What if they blurted out "Nice car?" Would your butt still hurt because that was unsolicited? Probably not. Learned a long time ago you must grow thicker skin when you own a Camaro. Even though we all like them here, some out in the world won't. Go to a Honda Civic convention and see what they think of you.
You and so many others here really just don't seem to get it.

What kind of a society are we theses days?

I'll keep it short for you.....if you don't have something good to say, then don't say it at all. Your momma should have taught you that.

What about that do people not understand? EVERYONE has their own opinion...of course! But who the hell gives this couple, or anyone else the right to openly blurt out their negative opinion to a proud owner without even being asked??

Getting a comment on the other hand, is a different ball game. Surely you understand this?

They should have kept their mouths shut...end of story. Now if they had been asked....well then its fair game.

To the OP. Yes you gotta have thick skin when it comes to a customized Camaro, or anything else....so don't worry about it. But the couple was in the wrong.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #27
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Years ago me and my wife (now ex) were out at a bar and this drunk girl in a red dress (whom I'd never met before) started spouting off to us her opinion about something that wasn't any of her business. She finished and I stated, "Red makes you look fat. Now how do you like getting unsolicited opinions?' She walked away and we never saw her again.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #28
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I've been told my flat black hood is ricey and only an idiot would do that to a car.
I informed them the same idiot that did that particular cosmetic item to mine also built thier cobalt SS...