Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPER SS View Post
Go 20s more then enough. Leave the 22s for the donks in miami
lmao... are you serious? only ppl that are uneducated on the word donk would say that. Please, I know you're trying to help but first educate yourself on a word if you're going to use it. Back on topic, I have 22s and I have no problem with the bumps but ofcourse the less the tire side wall the more road you will feel and hear. but you do get extra grip with these tires. So your choice neither is a bad choice. Our cars already comes with 20s
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Get both!

I've got a set of 20's and a set of 22's

The 20's:

and 22's:

Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #17
reiben92

Drives: White Camaro RS
I'm loving my 22" Giovanna's right now

both 20"s and 22" looks beautiful u can't go wrong with either one.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:57 AM   #18
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
many threads about this. Weighed the pros and cons myself and went with 20's. Gave up a bit of "look" for a bunch of "performance". I like the 22's, but the border a tad on the "too much" side for me. Some do look awesome though.

Seddon has one of sickest cars on C5 and recently went from 22's to 20s with no regrets (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299819). Really depends on your goals.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #19
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
From Urban Dictionary:

Donk:
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.
With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.
That donk is fly and ridin high.

Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #20
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
simply put
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #21
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
From Urban Dictionary:

Donk:
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.
With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.

Lmoa
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The Camaro can pull off 22's......many can't...not sure why....I actually had my wheel shop mount a 22 and a 20 with a tire of similar config, one on each front corner...(I buy a lot of wheels for my cars there) No contest, the 22 won. Yet a 22 being mounted on another car in the next bay looked hideous in size.

Last edited by Glen e; 06-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
Gonna chime in on this...@2200 miles I went to 22" from stock. 265's front on 9's, 295's on 10.5's rear with a 1 inch drop. I did not notice much of a change in ride quality. What I did notice was a huge hit on "off the line" response (more rotational mass to get spinning) and my attentiveness to road hazards went into overdrive to avoid damage. Recently, at 22,000, I went back to 20s and went to 275 on 9 inch fronts, 315 on 10.5 inch rears. Holy crap, I noticed a big difference going back in ride quality, off the line response and driving fun. No longer did I have to worry so much about every pothole, dip or other road hazards. The car is much more fun to drive and rides much better.

That's my real world input. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lS3mic View Post
Hey guys,

So I am looking to get some new TSW Nurburgring rims, however I don't know what size to get it in. My 1ss is basically a daily driver car. Would it be an unwise decision to get it in 22s? Or should 20s be better for my situation?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #24
lS3mic

Drives: '13 1SS Camaro Summit White
Thanks for the input guys. After reading through all the comments, I am leading towards getting 22's. Now my only question is what brand?
lS3mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #25
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiben92 View Post
I'm loving my 22" Giovanna's right now

both 20"s and 22" looks beautiful u can't go wrong with either one.
Your car is sweet , I want a white one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
From Urban Dictionary:

Donk:

LOL... exactly now that's what a donk is! Thank you for posting this to help all of us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lS3mic View Post
Thanks for the input guys. After reading through all the comments, I am leading towards getting 22's. Now my only question is what brand?
great choice ! plus you can always downgrade and save money. .
Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
WONSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS M6 SUMMITT WHITE
22's fit the car pefect lowered... OP the question you have should be answered on you own. I understand that your wanting peoples advice but your opening up a can of worms....just go with what you like. My car is a daily aswell and have NO issues at all... You should look at all the cars here on C5 20 and 22's youll see the difference.
WONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #27
reiben92

Drives: White Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Your car is sweet , I want a white one too
thanks bud

it kinda has an overall clean white look. only black matte rims, full black bowtie and a black front grill. Got it as a surprise gift from my pops and my heart is growing on it
Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiben92 View Post
thanks bud

it kinda has an overall clean white look. only black matte rims, full black bowtie and a black front grill. Got it as a surprise gift from my pops and my heart is growing on it
you're welcome buddy ! best surprise .