Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2024, 11:50 AM   #71
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
I agree, gloss black is the best look. Now i got to get rid of the chrome camaro fender letters.
Going badgeless?
Old 01-03-2024, 12:19 PM   #72
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I don't think the matte finish center caps look bad at all.

I would de-badge my car, but I feel like the white needs something to break it up a bit. It's especially hard to take pictures of a white car, the whole body just kinda turns into a white blob, and everything reflects off of it, including you in the background taking the picture. I just swapped all of my badges to the emblem pros onyx steel ones, black plastic camaro badges and plastidipped the bowties. The plastidip, when applied properly, holds up really well even here in the harsh Florida sun.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:53 PM   #73
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
I vote debadge, mine are gone along with the rear chevy emblem
Old 01-03-2024, 02:12 PM   #74
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
That’s the only badges left on the car. I removed everything a long time ago. Except the zl1 badges.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:31 PM   #75
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
That’s the only badges left on the car. I removed everything a long time ago. Except the zl1 badges.
All you need
Old 01-03-2024, 04:22 PM   #76
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Thank you. I’m not sold on the matte black center cap. I think it should be gloss. I tried the color match bronze and it was way off, not even close was more orange than bronze.
Yeah, I didn't pay attention to that, I agree, gloss would be much better contrast.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:30 PM   #77
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
I agree, gloss black is the best look. Now i got to get rid of the chrome camaro fender letters.
Good idea. I got rid of mine long ago! Got tired of trying to clean and wax around them. Plus it is sooo sexy to look down the side of these Camaro's with the awesome body lines with NO lettering on there to take the look away!

Name:  IMG_1995.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  414.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1996.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  420.2 KB
Old 01-03-2024, 04:43 PM   #78
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
So i decided to install my front control arm prothan inserts and noticed zl1’s have the z28 control arms. That was a surprise to me. Z28 was stamped into the arm. I also put one bronze wheel on to check it out.

If anyone is wondering the weight of a factory zl1 rim with a tire and a race star 18x8” rim and tire. I weighed them for comparison.

Zl1 rim 61.8lbs
Race star 54.4lbs

Looks great! As for the Matte black center cap, since they are inexpensive, why not just spray primer on it then spray a gloss black rattle can paint along with clear and give it a good coat or two to see how it looks. Then go from there. That what I would do.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:50 PM   #79
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Good idea. I got rid of mine long ago! Got tired of trying to clean and wax around them. Plus it is sooo sexy to look down the side of these Camaro's with the awesome body lines with NO lettering on there to take the look away!

Attachment 1143929

Attachment 1143930

I like that look! I thought about doing the same with mine but leaving the square GM emblems on the bottom of the fenders since it is unique to the 2010 model year. As for the ZLRS emblems on the hood and rear trunk... been debating on that as well.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:00 PM   #80
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I like that look! I thought about doing the same with mine but leaving the square GM emblems on the bottom of the fenders since it is unique to the 2010 model year. As for the ZLRS emblems on the hood and rear trunk... been debating on that as well.
Thanks sir! Yeah it is sooo much easier to keep clean without the micro's getting caught on anything, and get an even wax coating applied. And yep, on yours I too would leave the small square "chicklets" they call them just because they were unique to the 2010 models. One other emblem I did leave on was the "SS" on my trunk lid, and the rear bowtie painted black. I had it removed, but put it back on because it looked like it was missing something. I painted it black on the inside of the letters, everything else, GONE!!

Name:  Rear 4.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  203.9 KB
Old 01-03-2024, 05:01 PM   #81
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Quote:
Looks great! As for the Matte black center cap, since they are inexpensive, why not just spray primer on it then spray a gloss black rattle can paint along with clear and give it a good coat or two to see how it looks. Then go from there. That what I would do.
I used a black plastidip on the caps just to see what they would look like in black. I’m just going to peel it off and paint them 8555 black which is the car color code. I’ll have to order a rattle can of it.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 05:03 PM   #82
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Thanks sir! Yeah it is sooo much easier to keep clean without the micro's getting caught on anything, and get an even wax coating applied. And yep, on yours I too would leave the small square "chicklets" they call them just because they were unique to the 2010 models. One other emblem I did leave on was the "SS" on my trunk lid, and the rear bowtie painted black. I had it removed, but put it back on because it looked like it was missing something. I painted it black on the inside of the letters, everything else, GONE!!

Attachment 1143931

I see what you are saying... Leaves me more to think on ha!

Old 01-03-2024, 05:15 PM   #83
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
I see what you are saying... Leaves me more to think on ha!
Haha yep. Just when you thought you were maybe done thinking about what you want to do, bammm!! Along comes another thought!! Happens to me a LOT..
Old 01-03-2024, 08:01 PM   #84
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Haha yep. Just when you thought you were maybe done thinking about what you want to do, bammm!! Along comes another thought!! Happens to me a LOT..

You are right! And now a new thought comes to mind… and I like it more so than I previously did! Oh what to do…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk