Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2015, 07:33 PM   #15
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
2018 at the earliest. The fact the 2016 hasn't been revealed by February 24th. 2015 clearly indicates a major catastrophe.
...is this the dog whistle for a "code red" on the OP? Are we knockin' down the bashers again?!?! ...just say the word. I've been making some new "simple forumulas" that will blow people's minds.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:39 PM   #16
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Dude.. It's been pretty much debunked. Have you seen how many 2016 new/refreshed mdoels they have just shown in the last month?

Why is it so hard to believe they are waiting until New York? If we don't see it at the New York show, then we should maybe be worried.
Well because it is not listed as being shown . Car companies typically announce this already to build hype , Like the Jag XF,and Cadillac CTS among others , Do you seriously think they would announce the Caddy debut but wait to announce the Camaro?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:12 PM   #17
Faster12

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1 #1158
Here's my question...is it just me or is the 6th Gen camaro the exact same style as the 5th? Mustang went with a dramatic redesign to include (I assume) a different frame. The 6th gen just seems to be a smaller 5th gen with some minor style changes. The shape and frame of the car looks to be identical. Why is this?
Faster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #18
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
Here's my question...is it just me or is the 6th Gen camaro the exact same style as the 5th? Mustang went with a dramatic redesign to include (I assume) a different frame. The 6th gen just seems to be a smaller 5th gen with some minor style changes. The shape and frame of the car looks to be identical. Why is this?
I really don't think the Mustang redesign is any more dramatic than other cars. My buddy has a 2015 and I have driven it along with parked my 13 next to it. His is more modern and definitely looks sleeker, but overall looks like they just took the 5th gen and sculpted it. Stretch here, a stretch there, tuck here.. Etc.. I think that's what we will see with the 6th gen.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #19
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Folks. Late spring. That's it. Nothing more concrete than that right now.
So it won't be at New York. First day of Spring is near the end of March. New York is the beginning of April. So are we looking at a May or June reveal?

I don't buy the whole keeping the competition in the dark excuse. Things like the enginea and transmissions used, at least the V8s, are pretty well known already. The LT1 and LT4 make 450 and 650 hp respectively. It's not like Chevy will drop a 480 hp base V8 on the world. The 7 speed manual and 8 speed auto will more than likely be used as well. I bet Ford is working on a 5.0 upgrade to make at least 450 hp for when the 6th gen comes out.

The things that Ford can't quickly respond to, like weight, won't be known for a while after reveal in the first place.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
How dare you sir , I tried a thread similar to this and it was so hot they closed her down. I learned around here GM is God ,they mean to miss all the car shows with potential buyers its the marketing strategy and you sir are never to question them.
Not sure where you get the GM is God stuff. You can be critical all you want as long as you aren't bitter and angry about it and can back up what you are talking about.

If you have a team of a dozen or so marketing experts relying on generations of launching Camaros, Corvettes and various other cars then you might have half a shot of being critical of GM.

Since you and I don't (Mrs Numbers 3 was Corvette Marketing Manager for many years and worked with Fbodfather for quite a while) I'm going to simply be patient and know it's coming. Because it is when GM wants and not when you want is the only problem.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #21
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
It's. Just. You.... Everyone else is wise enough to wait to actually SEE the car before they pass judgement.. We've only seen CAMO, which its soul purpose is to keep us from SEEING the car.. So you must be judging by shape? Well I'd hope it's shaped pretty much just like the 5th gen

Ya know.. Being a modern day Camaro and all..

Let alone waiting to see it in person.. I used to think the new mustang wasn't goodlooking AFTER the unveiling, until I seen one in person.
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 PM   #22
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quick question: How can something be delayed when there never was a release date to begin with?

Last edited by sonnydurden; 02-24-2015 at 09:39 PM.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #23
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Oh shut up.
"Oh Shut Up" That Mr Fenwick Hockey is a true masterpiece of the english language , I know you got like 1 million posts on here , That one is a dandy , Last time I checked this is a Camaro forum that is open for discussion, Forums typically are , you know different views , and unless you got some information that is relevant about the subject telling a member to shut up is juvenile at best . As far as I can tell you info is a good as mine , So if its OK with you I will answer the question the OP put out on this discussion forum unless of course yours is the only voice that matters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Not sure where you get the GM is God stuff. You can be critical all you want as long as you aren't bitter and angry about it and can back up what you are talking about.

If you have a team of a dozen or so marketing experts relying on generations of launching Camaros, Corvettes and various other cars then you might have half a shot of being critical of GM.

Since you and I don't (Mrs Numbers 3 was Corvette Marketing Manager for many years and worked with Fbodfather for quite a while) I'm going to simply be patient and know it's coming. Because it is when GM wants and not when you want is the only problem.
Not sure where I get GM is God stuff you say ?? Well like no farther than the mirror nearest to you right now . Your real sensitive on GM , I could care less when or where they display the 6 Gen ,I can wait till 2017 2018 whenever , I am just curious on why the wait and if the car was recently changed to have the delay . If you think this is all of GM's plan than fine , Myself I find it hard to believe and someday the facts will come out on what happened and we shall see who was right .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #24
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Oh please. This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
How dare you sir , I tried a thread similar to this and it was so hot they closed her down. I learned around here GM is God ,they mean to miss all the car shows with potential buyers its the marketing strategy and you sir are never to question them.
...is not answering the OP's question, it's just you trying to be a smartass about your thread that (rightfully) was closed.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:09 PM   #25
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
People who have industry experience give educated answers and people who are impatient won't accept that. The new Gen 6 Camaro will be a 2016. Why is that so difficult to believe?

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:42 AM   #26
fradaj

Drives: RS
The Mustang is outselling the Camaro almost 2:1. I would think they need to do something soon to maybe tempt some people to wait on the C6 Camaro.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #27
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
The Mustang is outselling the Camaro almost 2:1. I would think they need to do something soon to maybe tempt some people to wait on the C6 Camaro.
Why??? Cause the Mustang is outselling them over the last 3 months? When the Camaro has been outselling the Mustang from 2010-2014!! Good for Ford after 3 body styles and 1 refresh, you finally got us! Watch us get those units back and then some when the Gen 6 drops!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #28
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Dude.. It's been pretty much debunked. Have you seen how many 2016 new/refreshed mdoels they have just shown in the last month?

Why is it so hard to believe they are waiting until New York? If we don't see it at the New York show, then we should maybe be worried.
...and even if it's not unveiled by the time the New York show rolls around, I'd suggest there is still no reason to worry!

Best regards,

Elie