Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 02-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #29
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Same people that said the refresh wouldn't sell. Relax people. If you can't wait then go buy a Mustang or Challenger. The Mustang has a head start in sales for the month of Jan. Its a marathon not a sprint. The Camaro has been my dream car for as long as I remember. No way this delay is going to make me buy a Ford or Dodge.. Please!!

When people don't get it their way they start thinking irrationally. It's not a race, that's how you end up with a rushed product and it'll show... I want info and visuals just as bad as everyone else but I'm not gonna doubt the brand I love, or throw the pride I have in them out the window due to selfish reasons such as my own impatience.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:08 AM   #30
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Acura ILS
Acura NSX
Alfa Romeo 4C
Bmw X4
BMW X5M
BMW X6M
Buick Cascade
Cadillac ATS-V
Cadillac CTS-V
Chevrolet Camaro Commemorative Edition
Chevrolet Cruise
Chevrolet Trax
Chevrolet Volt
Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Fiat 500X
Ford GT
Ford GT350 Mustang
Honda HR-V
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Infiniti QX80
KIA Sedona
Kia Sorento
Land Rover Discovery Sport
Lexus GS F
Lincoln MKX
Mazda CX-3
Mazda CX-5
Mazda Mazda6
Mazda MX-5
Mercedes Benz AMG GT
Mercedes Benz S Class Maybach
Mini Countryman
Mini John Cooper Works Hardtop
Nissan Titan XD
Porsche Cayman
Porsche 918 Spyder
Porsche Boxster
Porsche Cayenne
Subaru Outback
Toyota Camry
Toyota Tacoma
Volvo S60 Cross Country
Volvo S60 Inception
Volvo S60 Inception
Volvo S90
Volvo SC90

Just a partial list for you , Seems to be quite a few to me
Well Gah Dang!!!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #31
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
When people don't get it their way they start thinking irrationally. It's not a race, that's how you end up with a rushed product and it'll show... I want info and visuals just as bad as everyone else but I'm not gonna doubt the brand I love, or throw the pride I have in them out the window due to selfish reasons such as my own impatience.
You are right, some people will make some irrational/impatient decisions. But I think there are many die hards like me that won't..

Me at 42, both of my Camaros now, my desk at work, and me in front of my uncle's Camaro at 10 or 11. Nothing in my DNA will make me jump ship!!

Old 02-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #32
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Just freaking wait. Good lord I'd hate to see how some of you act if your dinner is five minutes late.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #33
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Just freaking wait. Good lord I'd hate to see how some of you act if your dinner is five minutes late.
You seemed to missed the whole point of the post, I said I think they should wait till 2017!
Old 02-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #34
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Haha, they'd be like
Old 02-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #35
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Acura ILS
Acura NSX
Audi R8 Leaked

Buick Cascade
Cadillac ATS-V
Cadillac CTS-V
Cadillac SRX
Chevrolet Cruise
Chevrolet Volt
Chrysler 200
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Dodge Charger Hellcat
Dodge Durango
Fiat 500X
Ford GT

Honda HR-V
Jaguar XF
Hyundai Sonata Hybr
Kia Sorento

Lexus GS F
Lincoln MKX
Mazda CX-3
Mazda CX-5
Mazda Mazda6
Mazda MX-5
Mercedes Benz AMG GT
Mercedes Benz S Class Maybach

Nissan Maxima To be Debut in New York
Nissan Titan XD
Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Camry Debut in Chicago
Toyota Corolla Debut in Chicago
Toyota Sieanna
Volvo S60 Inception
Volvo S60 Inception
Volvo S90
Volvo SC90

Just a partial list for you , Seems to be quite a few to me
Updated version for you I unknowingly had some 2015's in there my bad .
Ok a very impressive list you've dug up there.

But let me be more specific.

Cars from 2016/2017 that have been introduced that are ALL NEW and NOT BEEN INTRODUCED YET. CTS V and ATS V are not ALL NEW by my definition. Ford GT is not an introduction at all, but a SHOW CAR not available for two years.

You are quoting Chicago which hasn't happened yet and a whole bunch of cars that are simply new model year introductions.

Hellcat is a 2015 model so why is that listed. You can buy that now.

And Audi R8 "leaked" is not an introduction by an OEM and should never have made your list.....other than to make it longer. We know more about the Gen 6 than we do about the Audi R8.

So, yes, a more sizable list than I was thinking. So even if you take off what is not an ALL NEW model from your list it's still pretty large.

But the question was did GM "drop the ball". No, they have not. This site is now full of people claiming GM is a fail because they haven't "clued you in" on a car that isn't going to launch for at least 9 or 10 months.

What GM has is a problem with keeping some remote interest in the Gen 5 car. Ford is already outselling Camaro with the Mustang by a HUGE margin. Kudos to Ford. So if GM makes all YOU happy (and I say you because I understand why they aren't showing the car yet and I am fine with not knowing) they risk having no one buy the current car. They will for the most part be losing sales to the Mustang AND to the Gen 6 car.

To quote the NFL MVP R.............E............L.............A........ ........X

And sadly this coming from a Lions fan
Old 02-08-2015, 12:14 PM   #36
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

But let me be more specific.

Cars from 2016/2017 that have been introduced that are ALL NEW and NOT BEEN INTRODUCED YET. CTS V and ATS V are not ALL NEW by my definition. Ford GT is not an introduction at all, but a SHOW CAR not available for two years.

You are quoting Chicago which hasn't happened yet and a whole bunch of cars that are simply new model year introductions.

Hellcat is a 2015 model so why is that listed. You can buy that now.

And Audi R8 "leaked" is not an introduction by an OEM and should never have made your list.....other than to make it longer. We know more about the Gen 6 than we do about the Audi R8.

So, yes, a more sizable list than I was thinking. So even if you take off what is not an ALL NEW model from your list it's still pretty large.

But the question was did GM "drop the ball". No, they have not. This site is now full of people claiming GM is a fail because they haven't "clued you in" on a car that isn't going to launch for at least 9 or 10 months.

What GM has is a problem with keeping some remote interest in the Gen 5 car. Ford is already outselling Camaro with the Mustang by a HUGE margin. Kudos to Ford. So if GM makes all YOU happy (and I say you because I understand why they aren't showing the car yet and I am fine with not knowing) they risk having no one buy the current car. They will for the most part be losing sales to the Mustang AND to the Gen 6 car.

To quote the NFL MVP R.............E............L.............A........ ........X

My "dropping the ball" Is by no means insinuating the car will not be all that we expect , I personally think they are doing the right thing by making sure the car is perfect before introducing it . What I meant is are they going to be able to promote the car correctly ? Of course us Camaro Fans will be there , But what about the majority of car buyers most cant tell you if it is a V6 or V8 by looking at the car , And they must have a car body ready to view by now , That is why I am thinking (i know I dont know anything about selling cars) Should they back it off a year get everything like they want and promote the car next year In LA Detroit Chicago New York etc, As is I think we wont see any in production till the end of this year at the earliest .

Last edited by MBS; 02-08-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #37
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

This part here makes sense. Take the Mustang. It was being outsold by Camaro when Ford announced it. Not just outsold for a few months, but for years straight. Ford needed to spin up the PR machine to get people excited about the new Mustang. So they announced it way before production would be begin. All of this is not the case for the new Camaro. Mustang has been outselling Camaro so far this year(and part of last) yes, but GM isn't concerned about a brief increase since it's happened before. If anything GM is not under pressure to spin up a big PR campaign for the 6th Gen. Which could explain the lack of details coming out.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 02-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #38
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
This part here makes sense. Take the Mustang. It was being outsold by Camaro when Ford announced it. Not just outsold for a few months, but for years straight. Ford needed to spin up the PR machine to get people excited about the new Mustang. So they announced it way before production would be begin. All of this is not the case for the new Camaro. Mustang has been outselling Camaro so far this year(and part of last) yes, but GM isn't concerned about a brief increase since it's happened before. If anything GM is not under pressure to spin up a big PR campaign for the 6th Gen. Which could explain the lack of details coming out.
Exactly what I been saying in other threads. Why should GM cave to this pressure when they have been number one out of the three since 2010?
Old 02-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #39
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
THE OVEN MUST HAVE EXPLODED! OR MY WIFE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED! WILL I EVER EAT AGAIN? I WILL PROBABLY STARVE TO DEATH! I BETTER GO NEXT DOOR AND EAT THEIR DINNER IT WAS READY FIRST!!!!!
Old 02-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #40
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Exactly what I been saying in other threads. Why should GM cave to this pressure when they have been number one out of the three since 2010?
Because we need to know NOW, not when they think we should know. We know better than GM.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #41
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
THE OVEN MUST HAVE EXPLODED! OR MY WIFE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED! WILL I EVER EAT AGAIN? I WILL PROBABLY STARVE TO DEATH! I BETTER GO NEXT DOOR AND EAT THEIR DINNER IT WAS READY FIRST!!!!!
Okay, so basically....

If you express an opinion suggesting that maybe it might be possible GM encountered a problem with their target date for release, you're a crackpot.

If you second guess GM for holding back information as a bad tactical decision costing them potential sales and and causing loyal enthusiasts to lose interest, then you're just an impatient child in adult clothes.

Only if you accept and take on faith that this is a brilliant tactic in accordance with God's Plan and Divine Will, then you are smarter than the teaming masses of ignorant hoi polloi.

...got it. Carry on.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure we're all rooting for the same team here. Maybe consider turning down the condescension level from 11 to about 9 or so.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #42
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Seriously though, I'm pretty sure we're all rooting for the same team here. Maybe consider turning down the condescension level from 11 to about 9 or so.
Thumbs up on that one....

Consider also GM's inventory of 2015's and Commemorative Edition's yet to sell.

Closed Thread