Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Many orders will be picked up on the 5th and the 12th

According to my rep he got an email stating all his allocations will be picked up in january the three slots are the 5th, 12th, and 19th for the month. He said that the email stated that GM is trying to push the vast majority of orders through this month so Jan will be a huge month for most of us, he said delievery will be in march going off of QC being a week if any and earliest for any will be february although unlikely but some may get through the process faster than others... just thought id share valuable and repitable information
Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
According to my rep he got an email stating all his allocations will be picked up in january the three slots are the 5th, 12th, and 19th for the month. He said that the email stated that GM is trying to push the vast majority of orders through this month so Jan will be a huge month for most of us, he said delievery will be in march going off of QC being a week if any and earliest for any will be february although unlikely but some may get through the process faster than others... just thought id share valuable and repitable information

Great info ,but lets hope us Canucks don't get em in March....I prefer April or may!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
Great info ,but lets hope us Canucks don't get em in March....I prefer April or may!
lol i feel ya bro (:
Old 01-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
Max536

Drives: ‘12 ZL1 - ‘20 G63 AMG - ‘12 LP550-2
If They Do, My salesman told me he'll keep mine covered in the showroom until the snow and the cold go away
Max536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
I want imine now.... Why wait till April or May?
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
I want imine now.... Why wait till April or May?

Cause in BC they don' know wat snow is
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max536 View Post
If They Do, My salesman told me he'll keep mine covered in the showroom until the snow and the cold go away
i wouldn't want mine in a showroom. you'd have everybody that walks by there putting their grubby little hands all over it. no bueno
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
You really don't want the NEW CAR PREP guy taking the plastic off either. And "wiping" it down. If the dealer is in a "sandy" area, or the car was shipped a long distance, there will be a nice layer of dust ALL OVER IT. Wipe = Scratches. Then you get the guys who "just want to drive it in the lot". My dealer told me NOBODY was going to drive the car. He would call me to be there for delivery given lead proper timing. Also he will not let the new car prep guy pick out the factory build sheets. NOPE. They are to stay intact right where the line left them.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
You really don't want the NEW CAR PREP guy taking the plastic off either. And "wiping" it down. If the dealer is in a "sandy" area, or the car was shipped a long distance, there will be a nice layer of dust ALL OVER IT. Wipe = Scratches. Then you get the guys who "just want to drive it in the lot". My dealer told me NOBODY was going to drive the car. He would call me to be there for delivery given lead proper timing. Also he will not let the new car prep guy pick out the factory build sheets. NOPE. They are to stay intact right where the line left them.
You're right...my dealer prep was awful and some of the scratches are still in the paint after nearly 2 years. I would watch for the truck to come in and supervise if I were getting a ZL1.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
And, just a little advise... check it out really well. If you see ANY defects, scratches, I would consider having the Body Shop fix it while you wait/watch. Any dealers on here have any advise (please chime in). What is the best procedure to use with dealer to insure minimal extra curricular activity, repair minimal scratches the show up? Some body shops are better than others, but they should be able to get it pristine unless you simply want to do it yourself.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #11
Ajax Inferno

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS & 2011 Cruze LS+
We are less than 5 kilometers from our dealers...so on a dry day it will be no problem to get our ZL1 home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max536 View Post
Ajax Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Drake I hope you are right buddy! Although it makes sense for GM to produce all of the ZL1's on order while they are geared up for ZL1 production in January, there may be other circumstances we are unaware of that would prevent them from doing so. We will just have to remain patient and see what happens!
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
WELCOME to WINTER!

The GOODYEAR tires that the ZL1 comes with are rated as SUMMER PERFORMANCE tires with operating temperatures over 40°F & storage above 20°F.

Even IF the initial run of ZL1s have been fully assembled & checked for QC... ready to be loaded on to carriers, what are the chances that the weather will cooperate? Pretty slim! It gets pretty darn cold in Canada & the transports are NOT climate controlled like some; they are full exposed for the most part to the elements. Considering the tire pressures used for shipping purposes combined with temperatures that could VOID the warranty on said tires, do you think that GM/Chevrolet is going to risk that kind of liability? While warranty issues with tires are normally taken up with the tire manufacturer, this is a bit different. I can just visualize two floors of Corporate attorneys scratching their heads on this one. Early release & take your chances... OR go-for-it in Spring & avoid the potential costly hassles/litigation from irate customers & ambulance chasers?
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
GM is sticking to their release which stated the first ZL1's will hit the dealers late first quarter