Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #29
Tazz3069

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
The GM ground effects rear diffuser is not compatible with stock setup by itself, why its not available separately.
The kits diffuser itself has to connect into the rear ground effects that wraps the bumper cover. Basically a 2 piece part for the rear of the car.
The ground effect diffuser is pushed out & down on the rear of it to fill in the rear ground effects. While the side of the diffuser will connect to the side of the bumper in the original location. the mount tabs under the license plate will not. Because the body kit lower part connects to the diffuser and then the body kit top part connects to the bumper in the original diffuser connection locations.

So you would need the rear body kit piece that wraps & it's diffuser.

By the way if i remember right, the dealer told me that a 3rd party company is contracted to sell the kits, maybe why also it is only sold in kit form.

If you watch Lethal's video at the 19:40 sec mark, you can slow down the video & pause to see the mount tabs of the ground effect going into the diffuser across the back of the bumper. https://youtu.be/waahi8vu_Cc?t=1182

This link takes you to instructions you can download so you can see what i mean, gfx_install.pdf go to page 21 in the pdf.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...53&postcount=8
I watched his video. I have already removed the lower section of the bumper. I was hoping that I could just purchase the rear diffuser instead of the entire kits. I already purchased a front splitter and side skirts. I like the way the rear looks and that Is the reason for my interest. I went with another company, Extreme Dimensions, and that did not fit at all. That rear diffuser looks exactly like the GM one.

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Tazz3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:05 PM   #30
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz3069 View Post
I watched his video. I have already removed the lower section of the bumper. I was hoping that I could just purchase the rear diffuser instead of the entire kits. I already purchased a front splitter and side skirts. I like the way the rear looks and that Is the reason for my interest. I went with another company, Extreme Dimensions, and that did not fit at all. That rear diffuser looks exactly like the GM one.
I installed the kit on my car, so i know you need 2 parts to make one, without both you can not use either.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #31
Tazz3069

Quote:
I installed the kit on my car, so i know you need 2 parts to make one, without both you can not use either.
I still have all my parts just in case. The lower half is sitting inside my house. The upper half is still on the car. I was not going to remove it until I purchased the new diffuser.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #32
HyperBlue16

Just have to get the 2 pieces from someone who got the kit but did not want the rear part of the body kit or keep an eye on ebay, as people/bodyshops who need to repair damaged kits from wrecks or an oops, have to buy the entire kit & will sell off the extra parts or even a wrecked car with the kit being parted. But it has to be 2 pieces from the kit to work.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:46 PM   #33
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Do you have a picture?
The main difference between the ZL1 diffuser and the GM Ground effects diffuser is the ZL1 diffuser is open under the exhaust tips. Hope that makes sense.

I don't have a pic of the part right now as I only took it out of the box once to make sure it wasn't damaged when it was delivered a few months ago.

Here's a good reference pic, shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2017, 08:59 PM   #34
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
How much for the zl1 rear valance?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #35
HyperBlue16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
The main difference between the ZL1 diffuser and the GM Ground effects diffuser is the ZL1 diffuser is open under the exhaust tips. Hope that makes sense.

I don't have a pic of the part right now as I only took it out of the box once to make sure it wasn't damaged when it was delivered a few months ago.

Here's a good reference pic, shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Is your ZL1 diffuser 2 pieces? The one long small one with the side over lap pieces and the other is the under diffuser piece? or did GM incorporate both into one?
Old 08-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #36
Tazz3069

I still do not understand what you mean by two pieces. to my understanding, you have the upper piece, which is the bumper and the lower piece which is the fascia. https://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-pa...4aAhqREALw_wcB

To my understanding, the fascia is removed and replaced with the GM rear diffuser.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:34 PM   #37
HyperBlue16

Quote:
I still do not understand what you mean by two pieces. to my understanding, you have the upper piece, which is the bumper and the lower piece which is the fascia. https://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-pa...4aAhqREALw_wcB

To my understanding, the fascia is removed and replaced with the GM rear diffuser.
GO to the one link i posted with the PDF and go to page 21, you will see the piece.
The bumper fascia is your part that the original diffuser hooked too, but there are 2 pieces from the kit to connect to your bumper fascia. So its not just a diffuser, its also a piece of the body kit, but the change in mounting style you need both. So just trying to make sure you get 2 pieces to make the rear or it won't work with just the diffuser one.

Last edited by HyperBlue16; 08-28-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #38
Tazz3069

Quote:
GO to the one link i posted with the PDF and go to page 21, you will see the piece.
The bumper fascia is your part that the original diffuser hooked too, but there are 2 pieces from the kit to connect to your bumper fascia. So its not just a diffuser, its also a piece of the body kit, but the change in mounting style you need both. So just trying to make sure you get 2 pieces to make the rear or it won't work with just the one.
Now I know what you are talking about.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #39
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
How much for the zl1 rear valance?

I would like to get $250 plus shipping just to get some of my money back, I paid about $450 with shipping for it. But Tazz has first dibs if he wants it.

Quote:
Is your ZL1 diffuser 2 pieces? The one long small one with the side over lap pieces and the other is the under diffuser piece? or did GM incorporate both into one?
One piece, but it does have three small tabs on either side that you have to cut holes for. But no stupid rivets haha
Old 08-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #40
HyperBlue16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
One piece, but it does have three small tabs on either side that you have to cut holes for. But no stupid rivets haha
I just looked up a image of it, it does look like a one piece. Kinda like the original diffuser size, just added the side extensions & little beefier.

Mine
Old 08-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #41
Tazz3069

Quote:
I just looked up a image of it, it does look like a one piece. Kinda like the original diffuser size, just added the side extensions & little beefier.

Mine
looks nice

Old 08-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #42
Tazz3069

Finally got my Diffuser figured out. Thank you FNxR3DNECK I will post pictures once it is installed. Now to order my cat back system.