Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-05-2015, 04:55 AM   #477
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
As a 5th Gen owner, I don't get it. So many people mad about the price, but as outlined many times... we're getting what we pay for. I am just glad the little details are no longer items I have to buy after the fact.

But not everyone loves the new styling. That's a personal preference that can be overcome by some.
Like the way the remote starter system is included with the automatic transmission. I'm amped about that.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #478
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
Like the way the remote starter system is included with the automatic transmission. I'm amped about that.
This is on some 5th gens as well, remote start from your phone, even.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #479
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I really liked the black split spoke wheels... but for $2k, I think I'm going to just get a set of Forgestar F14 in black. Might even bump up each rim 0.5" and go up a size in tires, and stick Conti DW's or Michelin PSS on them.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:26 AM   #480
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
This is on some 5th gens as well, remote start from your phone, even.
All 5th Gen LT's & SS's made after the first couple months of initial production include remote start with the automatic transmission.

OnStar RemoteLink features were introduced with 2011 models and those with automatics could use the remote start feature if factory remote start came on the vehicle (can not be LPO remote start, like offered on the Malibu LS & 1LT).

Starting with late 2013 & all 2014 models, OnStar RemoteLink is included for 5 years with new vehicle purchases. The OnStar RemoteLink vulnerability issue still has not been completely resolved, so I refuse to use it.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #481
joemosfet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
The OnStar RemoteLink vulnerability issue still has not been completely resolved, so I refuse to use it.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/gm-f...o-hacking.html
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
Old 10-06-2015, 02:15 AM   #482
kcgesq

Drives: 2016 2SS, OLDER: 1974 LT, 1993 Z28
Hello all,

This is my first post. Looking to order a 2SS but may wait until spring.

So, here's what I think I am going with: Hyper Blue with the white seat inserts and white rally stripes.

Camaro 2SS $41,300.00 + DFC $995.00

❏ Exhaust, dual-mode, performance ($895.00)
❏ Magnetic Ride Control ($1,695.00)
❏ Transmission, 8-speed automatic, includes transmission oil cooler *Also includes Active Fuel Management, Remote vehicle starter system, Paddle-shift manual controls, Rear axle, 2.77 ratio ($1,495.00)
❏ Wheels, 20" x 8.5" (50.8 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 9.5" (50.8 cm x 24.1 cm) rear 5-spoke low gloss Black aluminum ($200.00)
❏ Audio system, Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation and 8" diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; voice-activated technology for radio and phone; featuring Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phone ($495.00)
❏ Ceramic White Interior Accent Trim Package, includes Black interior with Ceramic White front seat inserts, door inserts and stitching on front seats, doors, steering wheel, shifter and center console ($500.00)
❏ White Pearl Rally Stripes *Not available with exterior color Summit White ($470.00)

Base 2 SS 41,300
DFC 995
NPP 895
MRC 1695
MX0 1495
56R 200
IO6 495
BRD 500
BO3 470
Total 48,045
kcgesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:02 AM   #483
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgesq View Post
Hello all,

This is my first post. Looking to order a 2SS but may wait until spring.

So, here's what I think I am going with: Hyper Blue with the white seat inserts and white rally stripes.

Camaro 2SS $41,300.00 + DFC $995.00

❏ Exhaust, dual-mode, performance ($895.00)
❏ Magnetic Ride Control ($1,695.00)
❏ Transmission, 8-speed automatic, includes transmission oil cooler *Also includes Active Fuel Management, Remote vehicle starter system, Paddle-shift manual controls, Rear axle, 2.77 ratio ($1,495.00)
❏ Wheels, 20" x 8.5" (50.8 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 9.5" (50.8 cm x 24.1 cm) rear 5-spoke low gloss Black aluminum ($200.00)
❏ Audio system, Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation and 8" diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; voice-activated technology for radio and phone; featuring Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phone ($495.00)
❏ Ceramic White Interior Accent Trim Package, includes Black interior with Ceramic White front seat inserts, door inserts and stitching on front seats, doors, steering wheel, shifter and center console ($500.00)
❏ White Pearl Rally Stripes *Not available with exterior color Summit White ($470.00)

Base 2 SS 41,300
DFC 995
NPP 895
MRC 1695
MX0 1495
56R 200
IO6 495
BRD 500
BO3 470
Total 48,045
Welcome to the forums. The wife and I are waiting until spring also, we will be getting almost the same car but with no rally stripes and on the fence about the nav system.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #484
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultain7 View Post
The interior spectrum lighting is only available on the 2LT as part of the convenience and lighting package and the 2SS as standard. It is not available on the 1LT nor the 1SS
That's good news to me. I somehow got the impression that all SSs had the spectrum lighting, which doesn't interest me in the least (I'd probably opt for a 1SS, though I would like to be able to "option" a few of the 2SS features without getting them all).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)

Last edited by PalmerGA; 10-06-2015 at 09:32 AM.
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #485
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
My 2013 is looking better all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Your 1SS has RS and auto.? So similarly equipped to the new base 1SS, its roughly a 1500 dollar difference. I don't see a big reason to complain about that.
My point is there are some features I would like to be able to add on to a 1SS that appear to be available only on a 2SS (many as standard equipment). Dual zone climate control, Bose audio upgrade, universal remote, heated/dimming outside mirrors... to name a few. The difference between items available on the 1SS vs 2SS are way far apart and not worth (to me) $5K+ to get a bunch of stuff I don't care about having.

Quote:
Agreed, not for the level of tech and features it has, compared to 5th gen.
Performance wise, the tech levels seem to be comparable (which is my main interest). As stated above, the nice-to-have features just seem to be way too heavily tilted toward the 2SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
It's just people justifying why they are not going to buy a new car. Nothing more.
Wrong (in my case anyway). I have bought only new cars for the past 15 years - that doesn't bother me. It's not the money, per say. I just don't think in order to get dual-zone climate control and heated mirrors I should also have to pay for leather seats (which I hate), HUD (which I also hate), and spectrum lighting (which is just a stupid gimmick).So you see... there is more to it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #486
joemosfet

Quote:
That's good news to me. I somehow got the impression that all SSs had the spectrum lighting, which doesn't interest me in the least (I'd probably opt for a 1SS).
Things that are available on the 2LT/2SS but not available on the 1LT/1SS:
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Navigation
  • Heads up Display
  • Leather seats
  • Kalahari, Adrenaline Red, Ceramic White interior colors
  • Adrenaline Red / Ceramic White interior trim packages
  • Interior Spectrum Lighting
  • Memory seat & mirror recall function
  • Heated & Ventilated Seats
  • Illuminated Sill Plates
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Universal Garage remote
  • Wireless charging for mobile devices
  • Heated outside mirrors
  • Rear park assist
  • Rear cross-traffic alert
  • Side blind zone indicators (with lane change alert)
  • 5-spoke low gloss Black aluminum wheels

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything or made a mistake.

Last edited by joemosfet; 10-06-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #487
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
My point is there are some features I would like to be able to add on to a 1SS that appear to be available only on a 2SS (many as standard equipment). Dual zone climate control, Bose audio upgrade, universal remote, heated/dimming outside mirrors... to name a few. The difference between items available on the 1SS vs 2SS are way far apart and not worth (to me) $5K+ to get a bunch of stuff I don't care about having.

I agree with you...more options we have to customize our builds, the better (from a customer point of view). I wish I could have added the premium audio to my 1SS purchase, but I can't (bummer!) So you are 100% correct there

But as the argument goes, the more options there are, the more complex/complicated, and possibly more expensive the build process becomes.

I know you realize this, but I was merely pointing out that I feel for what you are getting the price is fine, and if you build the cars (2015 to 2016) with as similar options as you can, the price difference isn't as huge as it initially appears. The price difference between my now sold 2010 V6 RS 1LT compared to a similarly (actually better) equipped 2016 is about a grand....for a much better car in my opinion.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #488
joemosfet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I wish I could have added the premium audio to my 1SS purchase, but I can't (bummer!)
I wonder how expensive and difficult it would be to buy and install these parts after the fact.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #489
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I wonder how expensive and difficult it would be to buy and install these parts after the fact.
Why bother? If I were to install audio after the fact, I would install some high quality aftermarket audio setup, something much better than the stock Bose system.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #490
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'm just going to do a sub and be done with it.

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet