Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #71
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Well in the sprit of good discussion. Direct Injection is not new. It was developed during WWII in airplane engines. Many car company's have been building DI motors since the early 2000's, GM had Direct injection in there Eco engine in 2006 . GM went to the DI V8 because of emissions. Instead of designing a new engine they did this to buy them maybe 5 years before they are forced to redesign before technology passes them by, It is a stopgap measure because DI motors have there own set of problems. 1 excessive carbon buildup in the combustion chamber, and 2 heat buildup. That's why the 3 radiators in the car. The corvette LT4 is suffering from the heat sink problem. Time will tell how durable these engines will be, especially the modified ones.
As for advertising, they are opening the order banks on Aug, 13. Better get going.
Price, well this is a theory it seems they are rolling the SS, and the 1le together and knowing GM the consumer will pay the price. They want to sell many, many 4 cylinders.
To the last point Yes we all know why they are going to have all kinds of incentives for the Z/28. Just get the car off my lot!!

And PS Love the Camaro in my life I have had 5. Still have my 69 Z/28 that I ordered new.

Attachment 731675
It was said that DI was not possible on a pushrod v8 engine. It was also said it wasn't possible to put VVT in a pushrod v8 engine. GM did both and patented the crap out of it in the process. The LT-1 is a very modern and even high tech engine, but a lot of people only use 1 or two metrics to judge a powertrain.

So tell us, like said, what else makes this power and gets this good of gas mileage to push a 3400lb car deep into the 11s (or high 11's on average for a good run). Let's see if it's as small as the LT engine or weighs as little too. Ford's 5.0 falls short on gas mileage, hp, torque and physical size. Hemi makes a little more power but is much larger (physically) and weighs a LOT more. No idea on what it would get for gas mileage in a 3400lb car as its size and weight makes it prohibitive in such a car.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:08 AM   #72
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
That's true, but for the sake of the nameplate... Muscle car.

Seriously though, good point.
Didn't we establish that it was at the very least NOT a muscle car? the only muscle cars left are the charger and the SS (I don't count any of the luxury brands)
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #73
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
D, only because they went through the trouble to rebuild it from the ground up, then made it look just like a 5th gen. There's nearly zero evolution from an aesthetic perspective, although the car will make a big leap in performance.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #74
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Didn't we establish that it was at the very least NOT a muscle car? the only muscle cars left are the charger and the SS (I don't count any of the luxury brands)
And the challenger?where does it place?minivans?
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #75
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
D, only because they went through the trouble to rebuild it from the ground up, then made it look just like a 5th gen. There's nearly zero evolution from an aesthetic perspective, although the car will make a big leap in performance.
If you don't like it, then you don't like it. But to say there is nearly zero evolution from an aesthetic perspective is just silly and wrong. Similar, yes. Most all new vehicles do look similar to their previous generation. It's more rare for there to be huge changes. C7 had a lot more radical changes than typical.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #76
Enders

Drives: 2015 Mustang
I'd have to go with both C & D.

C) Think its a good evolution of the current car?
I do think they did some great things with the car, especially the front-end. In some angles, it looks really amazing. I'm also loving that they are adding MRC to the SS model.

D) Think it could have been better?
I really was hoping they'd get rid of the 5th gen refresh tail lights (I loved the original 5th gen tail lights though). It gives it a very plain look in the rear as opposed to the more aggressive front. There's also just a ton of lines and planes they were trying to create, just makes it too busy. I'll definitely have to see it in-person but I'm pretty sure that the rear will be the weak point of the car.
Enders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:51 AM   #77
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
This is a car that needs to be seen in person to really take in all its presence. It's has a lot of detail in the styling. But it's not going to be for everyone. No car is.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #78
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
D.

I would have preferred going with the 1970-73 style...imho
going to stick with 5 gen

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #79
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
If you don't like it, then you don't like it. But to say there is nearly zero evolution from an aesthetic perspective is just silly and wrong. Similar, yes. Most all new vehicles do look similar to their previous generation. It's more rare for there to be huge changes. C7 had a lot more radical changes than typical.
Usually at least the front and rear end design changes. On this car, the front end nearly the same. The grille was moved up a bit for performance, and the fog lights are different, but the design is the same. The rear end is the same, with the exception of the crease thrown into the rear bumper and different tail lights. Oh, and I can't forget that spoiler.

All who have seen it say the pictures don't do it justice, but so far the exterior looks like a warmed over 5th gen. I thought the C7 was nice in pictures, but stunning in person. Maybe I'll feel the same way about the Camaro.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #80
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
All I know is when I seen the 5th gen I had to own one, The 6th gen does not do that , As I own one that looks as good if not better
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:16 PM   #81
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
All I know is when I seen the 5th gen I had to own one, The 6th gen does not do that , As I own one that looks as good if not better
I mean. It's more derivative than revolutionary, so if you don't own a 5th gen, I see no problem with starting with the 6th! I think it looks just as good. Nothing astounding, nothing that makes me shudder.

(This from the guy that almost took out college loans on a full ride just to get a 5th gen when he got the pre-order invite.)
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:22 PM   #82
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
I mean. It's more derivative than revolutionary, so if you don't own a 5th gen, I see no problem with starting with the 6th! I think it looks just as good. Nothing astounding, nothing that makes me shudder.

(This from the guy that almost took out college loans on a full ride just to get a 5th gen when he got the pre-order invite.)

this is my first time going with a camaro and since the moment my friend sent me the pics and told me the new camaro is out I fell in love with it(but my friend didn't because he got his 5 gen 2 months ago and says its not a muscle car anymore
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:56 AM   #83
Robertf65

Drives: A vintage 'Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Not so much with Camaro. The styling changes between the Gens 1-4 were pretty substantial, then we came back full circle 4-5th Gen. The 5th gen theme is now what, 7 model years old. With the new car, we are stuck with a similar theme for possibly another 4-5 years. The 2nd gen held on 12 years, so there is precedent. But some folks would agree that GM milked the 2gen 4 years too long. I hope for the sake of Camaro, GM isn't repeating history. Only time and sales will tell.
Robertf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #84
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Car pictures never do a car full justice. I think this car is going to be 50 times better looking in person than in pictures. And to me in the pictures it already looks awesome
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote