Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #155
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
To bring this thread back to life....

I found this kind of interesting. Taken from our cross town car site buddy website Mustang 6 G.com

Quote:
While the engine specifications everyone is waiting for still remains to-be-determined, an unexpected change in interior dimensions seen in the brochure is that the 2018 Mustang will have 0.6-inch increased front legroom although rear legroom has been decreased by 1.6-inches.
1.6 inches really taken from the backseat? I mean..yes...backseat in these cars....its not something that is a priority. But would that make it even less than the Camaro? Just seems surprising to me. lol

They did add .6 of room to the front though. Guess they want to give taller drivers more room.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #156
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
To bring this thread back to life....

I found this kind of interesting. Taken from our cross town car site buddy website Mustang 6 G.com

1.6 inches really taken from the backseat? I mean..yes...backseat in these cars....its not something that is a priority. But would that make it even less than the Camaro? Just seems surprising to me. lol

They did add .6 of room to the front though. Guess they want to give taller drivers more room.
I don't remember what the difference was between the Camaro and Mustang, but that has to make it at the least the same amount of legroom.

Off topic, do you have any pics of your SS with the hash marks? I was thinking of getting black on mine but haven't seen enough pics to decide.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #157
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I don't remember what the difference was between the Camaro and Mustang, but that has to make it at the least the same amount of legroom.

Off topic, do you have any pics of your SS with the hash marks? I was thinking of getting black on mine but haven't seen enough pics to decide.
So actually mine are from bigworm graphics. They are two toned, with a textured carbon fiber main color and gunmetal grey gloss stripes on the sides. I love them. See this link http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=100
Old 03-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #158
NJ_LT1

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I seriously considered buying the 2018 Mustang GT with the 10 speed auto; until I drove it. It is an great car, but I only found it to be enjoyable when driving it hard (3/4 - WOT).

Despite what it says on paper, the power still lacking down low. I just love the low down light to moderate throttle opening torque that the Camaro offers. Put simply, the Camaro drivetrain puts a smile on my face around town. The Mustang didn't put a smile on my face until I was WOT, in the upper rev range power-band, and halfway to jail.

Handling and chassis wise a 1SS and a GT Base are in two very different categories. The 1SS feels like a sports car; while the GT Base feels like a sporty car.
NJ_LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #159
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_LT1 View Post
I seriously considered buying the 2018 Mustang GT with the 10 speed auto; until I drove it. It is an great car, but I only found it to be enjoyable when driving it hard (3/4 - WOT).

Despite what it says on paper, the power still lacking down low. I just love the low down light to moderate throttle opening torque that the Camaro offers. Put simply, the Camaro drivetrain puts a smile on my face around town. The Mustang didn't put a smile on my face until I was WOT, in the upper rev range power-band, and halfway to jail.

Handling and chassis wise a 1SS and a GT Base are in two very different categories. The 1SS feels like a sports car; while the GT Base feels like a sporty car.

I recently went from a 2016 Scat Pack Challenger to an A10 equipped PP 2018 GT. the difference in off idle Torque was readily apparent and to be honest the car felt very mild when driving in D mode, then i started driving with the shifter in S mode (just the shifter not the entire sport mode) instantly off idle performance and around town was greatly improved and the car was much more snappy. it actually felt like it might really have that advertised 460 hp. it's still nothing close to being the torque monster my scat pack was but in S mode it's much better and in D mode my wife can drive it and not even be aware that it's a high hp car.

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:08 AM   #160
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
I recently went from a 2016 Scat Pack Challenger to an A10 equipped PP 2018 GT. the difference in off idle Torque was readily apparent and to be honest the car felt very mild when driving in D mode, then i started driving with the shifter in S mode (just the shifter not the entire sport mode) instantly off idle performance and around town was greatly improved and the car was much more snappy. it actually felt like it might really have that advertised 460 hp. it's still nothing close to being the torque monster my scat pack was but in S mode it's much better and in D mode my wife can drive it and not even be aware that it's a high hp car.
The Scat Pack is a "torque monster"? I remember when people used to call the LS1's "torque monsters" too LoL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #161
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
Quote:

yep the lack of low end grunt is hopeless in the mustang.
camaro is like wow that pulls nice...
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:47 AM   #162
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
yep the lack of low end grunt is hopeless in the mustang.
camaro is like wow that pulls nice...
Yeah kinda like the SS being done at 6500 rpms, vs 7500 rpms for the GT. Bottom line is the GT seems to be trapping better mph in the 1/4 and it has been stated in review it walks away from the SS after the 1/4 mile. Pick your poison.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #163
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:

Camaro and mustang need their motors swapped

Coyote > lt1 for spirited driving, race track, and general fun while your pushing on it
Lt1 > coyote for general DD driving

Nobody should dog on the coyote, it’s an incredible motor in a shitty car. Pulls like a freight train after 4k rpms
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #164
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yeah kinda like the SS being done at 6500 rpms, vs 7500 rpms for the GT.
But the SS gets going 2500 rpm sooner.

Quote:
Bottom line is the GT seems to be trapping better mph in the 1/4 and it has been stated in review it walks away from the SS after the 1/4 mile. Pick your poison.
"Most people" spend more time driving in the lower rpm range so the low end grunt is more enjoyable and useful. Its neat that a GT will catch the SS before a mile though.
Quote:
By the end of the quarter mile, the Camaro is still in the lead but not by much: 12.5 seconds at 115.2 mph for the Chevy versus the Mustang’s 12.6 seconds at 115.1 mph

To the best of our cowboy science abilities, we marked off what probably was pretty close to a mile and went for it. The Mustang repeatedly beat the Camaro, showing 159 mph on its speedo to the Chevy’s 151 mph.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...ck-comparison/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #165
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
But the SS gets going 2500 rpm sooner.

"Most people" spend more time driving in the lower rpm range so the low end grunt is more enjoyable and useful. Its neat that a GT will catch the SS before a mile though.

But you left the following comments out of MT's article.

The Ford was about four car lengths ahead each time, too. And by “each time,” I mean we did this about 30 times in a row.

By the end of the quarter mile, the Camaro is still in the lead but not by much: 12.5 seconds at 115.2 mph for the Chevy versus the Mustang’s 12.6 seconds at 115.1 mph. Road test editor Chris Walton, our straight-line guru, told me that were we to lengthen the race, the Ford would win because at that point the Chevy’s torque and traction advantage is gone, and high-reving DOHC horsepower takes over.

Again no right or wrong answer.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:05 PM   #166
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
The right answer is the LT1, lol.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #167
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
reading all these comments about how each engine makes power reminds me of when my pops would talk about big blocks vs small blocks lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #168
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
But you left the following comments out of MT's article.

The Ford was about four car lengths ahead each time, too. And by “each time,” I mean we did this about 30 times in a row.

By the end of the quarter mile, the Camaro is still in the lead but not by much: 12.5 seconds at 115.2 mph for the Chevy versus the Mustang’s 12.6 seconds at 115.1 mph. Road test editor Chris Walton, our straight-line guru, told me that were we to lengthen the race, the Ford would win because at that point the Chevy’s torque and traction advantage is gone, and high-reving DOHC horsepower takes over.

Again no right or wrong answer.
"were we to lengthen the race." You left out "mile"

You missed that I wrote "Its neat that a GT will catch the SS before a mile though" and the MT quote I posted below that saying "marked off what probably was pretty close to a mile and went for it. The Mustang repeatedly beat the Camaro, showing 159 mph on its speedo to the Chevy’s 151 mph".

You failed to comment on the SSes useful power band being much lower than the GT rendering its 6500 to 7500 rpm advantage moot

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-19-2018 at 04:02 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote