Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #57
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
You people are so dumb, this is obviously a marketing trick . People will watch the movie and bumblebee will peak their interest in the camaro again, then when they go to the dealer to check it out, they will be blown away by how much better the actual car looks. Friggin genius.
Genius? A bit of a stretch, would be an understatement.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #58
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Hate on the Transformers movies all you want, but IMO, the first movie is the reason the 5th gen was initially such a hit. With the 6th gen they're trying to rely on the same styling and appealing only to enthusiasts which is never going to sustain sales.
I do hate Bay's film making. But it was love at first sight when that yellow 5th gen made its appearance.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #59
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Genius? A bit of a stretch, would be an understatement.
Guess sarcasm is not your strong suit
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #60
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
I'm just glad mine doesn't look like that.....
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #61
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #62
HRC

Drives: 2010 2SS
Looks like they just stole a car from the fast and furious warehouse.. (or smashed the car through the JC Whitney warehouse) Am I seeing a ricer wing on the back of it?
Sorry, but way too "galactic" for me. The movie went too far off the deep end for me after the first one. Don't really look forward to them any more, but I'll watch the first one many times and not get tired of it.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
HRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #63
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
Megan Fox reaching under the hood, I remember that. Did anything else happen in Transformers?
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:48 AM   #64
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Guess we have to see some better views of it, but in that shot it looks really ugly. The Charger-like-painted grille is really not doing any favor...
Old 06-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #65
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
I dig it. I wouldn't buy one that looks like that, but it's neat. Reminds me of a Charger though the way it opens in the middle. My one friend loves it (he also wishes our yellow was more like that and less like a banana haha).
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #66
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
one movie more, not to watch
chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #67
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Ugh, what garbage... MB really needs to be stopped...

The 1986 Transformers: The Movie, had better acting, better plot, actually drew emotions from me, had a much better sound track, etc. than all of the MB garbage to date. As for scenes that will move a grown man to cry, there is simply no on screen death of a cartoon character that will do that other than Optimus Prime laying on a table, with those strings playing, Daniel tearing up and Prime slowly fading out to gray.. I mean, this was a movie for kids and that death scene still gets me.

For those that haven't seen it.. Just watch and imagine being a parent in a theater full of kids.. It wasn't like it is now, where the internet exists and it's car related.. It was a kids TV show. (sorry, a marketing vessel from Hasbro to sell toys to kids each season)..

HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #68
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Ugh, what garbage... MB really needs to be stopped...

The 1986 Transformers: The Movie, had better acting, better plot, actually drew emotions from me, had a much better sound track, etc. than all of the MB garbage to date. As for scenes that will move a grown man to cry, there is simply no on screen death of a cartoon character that will do that other than Optimus Prime laying on a table, with those strings playing, Daniel tearing up and Prime slowly fading out to gray.. I mean, this was a movie for kids and that death scene still gets me.

For those that haven't seen it.. Just watch and imagine being a parent in a theater full of kids.. It wasn't like it is now, where the internet exists and it's car related.. It was a kids TV show. (sorry, a marketing vessel from Hasbro to sell toys to kids each season)..

Literally my favorite movie of all time. I can't watch it without getting choked up, lol
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:04 AM   #69
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
Literally my favorite movie of all time. I can't watch it without getting choked up, lol
For the material it was presenting, in the era and tech available. It's a great story, it's got a wonderful sound track that I still listen to. It draws you in. There's highs, lows, lulls, action..

and NO lens flare.. LOL
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #70
Baywire

Drives: Future 2017 2SS
Actually I find the ground effects (and lower front fascia) very attractive.

The hood looks very aggressive (vents) from what I can see in this one picture. I'd like to see the "GT-R style" spoiler from behind to have a better opinion.

The two things I would change right off the bat are the fender vents should have been elongated vertically and swap places with the autobots badge.

And the bar across the grill should not have been black it should be yellow.

With the center grill being black it looks like an expensive cat with breathing problems.
Baywire is offline   Reply With Quote