Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #57
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
My rattle was coming from the padding under the trunk kid. When inside the car, it sounded like it was a loose speaker (especially with a low bass frequency).

Remove the under padding on the trunk lid and then close the lid and listen to a song which you know will generate the vibration sound. If the noise is now gone, then place a thin strip of foam between underneath the trunk lid before putting the padding back.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #58
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Changed my headunit, now the sound is amazing, even with volume turned up. unless you heard it yourself, you would find that hard to believe.
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #59
baby02
EYE CANDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
Never tried this, but what I heard was if you remove the speaker and put weather striping on the under side that snugs it up and stops the rattle, never tried it but maby its worth a try if your dealer won't fix it. Better speakers couldn't hurt though, the paper made in china junk gm puts in only sound good for a short time anyway.
If you are going to that extend, you might as well replace them will quality aftermarket speakers, such as KICKERS, which aren't that expensive. You have got to remove the rear seats< top and bottem, side panels, seat belts, and rear deck.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #60
maro>stang

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
rattling issues

does replacing the BA speakers with after market speakers fix the rattling issues
maro>stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #61
baby02
EYE CANDY

If you change the rear speakers, you will have to replace the amp and get an interface kit from ********. But if you change you headunit, I think you will be quite pleased. There is a vast improvement in sound quality, and the rattle goes away. Your front aftermarket speakers will work fine, but the rear needs the interface. The factory speakers are of better quality than you would expect. So wear them out before you replace them. I wish I had.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #62
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
I have to tell this story on myself:

Our convertible is about 4 months old, and about two weeks ago, I started noticing a low frequency "buzzing" / distortion coming from the right side of the vehicle, when playing bass-heavy content. (All the tone controls are set at "neutral" -- 0/0/0.)

After driving it Monday, I pulled into the garage, turned off the engine, and queued up some of the "offending" music, and fiddled with the balance & fader controls until I determined that the distortion was coming from the direction of the right front door speaker.

Today, I blocked out some time to search this forum, download and print instructions for removing and reinstalling the door panel and speaker. I was hopeful that the speaker was just loosely or incorrectly installed. I went out to the garage, opened the right door, and started looking at the disassembly process. I decided to sit in the front passenger seat, and cue up the kind of music that was causing the problem.

I sat there for a minute or so, listening to the buzzing that was spoiling the sound of the music. That's when I discovered the big plastic comb that my wife had placed in the passenger door pocket! I removed the comb and tossed it into the glove box; problem solved ...

Last edited by JAustin; 10-21-2011 at 11:25 AM.
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #63
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
LMAO...now THAT is funny!

But you need to come over and fix my rear right speaker rattle now...

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #64
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Ummmmm ...hello, is there a DIY yet to wedge insulation or something of the sort in the speaker gaps or something?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #65
MustangKiller

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs A6 yellow !!!!!
I have a vibration or rattle too but i figured out the source. It was and or still is coming from the trunk where it meets the bottom of the rear window weather striping thats mounted too the glass. Just figured id let you all know. It is very loud at low volume with a bassy song and varies with the music and actually does sound like a blown speaker.....so turn it up an get out an check your own and let me know what u find
MustangKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #66
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
My rattle wasn't the speakers themselves, but in the rear deck mounting. Three trips to the dealer before they got it fixed. Now the door speaker is fried and rattling/buzzing. New speaker and amp are being installed now (along with new muffler, heater core...and too many other parts to list). Not normal in any way. Typical dealer bullshit.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #67
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
yep...that's where i think my rattle is coming from...rear deck lid
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #68
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Dealer fixed mine, also replaced ipod module and updated firmware... they complained about the 2 10" stealth subs but realized that had nothing to do owith my complaints about the shelf rattle and the ipod interface lockups. Because even with the subs disconnected I was still getting a bad rattle below the rear window.