Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #43
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Here's a video I did over time comparing my car stock->with Corsa->With BBK long tubes and highflows with Corsa. The last part has the car facing the opposite way so the sound isn't bouncing off the house so it's not a 100% true comparison but it's as close as you can get. I can say MPG didn't go up but rather you'll find you drive more "spirited" so it might take a small hit around town. It is very loud at full throttle. Just ask any NEC5 member. If they can still hear. It has zero drone and is not annoying at all when cruising on the highway at 75mph~ Also I would add the handheld SCT X3 from Jannetty is super easy and makes a huge difference. Hope this helps!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #44
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.morblu View Post
Around the board, just changing exhaust will gain around 5-10 rwhp alone with an axle back system. Those huge suitcase mufflers are heavy and restrictive. Adding LTs without a tune and you're going to be looking at around 30-35 rwhp gains if not a little more.

I just had a cam and LTs installed with a tune and gained 100 rwhp. I still have stock cat backs. Once I upgrade those I should gain another 10-15 rwhp. So compared, you should be pretty close to 35ish in gains.

I've heard mixed reports about mpg, but I would think it would improve slightly. I wouldn't expect much difference though.

$2500 for a full install would be the most I would pay. Labor shouldn't be much since everything is pretty much bolt ons and shouldn't take long to install. Corsa IMHO sound the best on L99s and a solid choice. GL!!
5-10hp!? Maybe to the flywheel which to the wheel is nil. You do it for the sound. You do it for the looks. You do it for the savings in weight (this, power can be had because the car is lighter).

Exhaust is aesthetics only, there is no gain to be had there until you are FI or pushing a lot of power NA and need a better flowing system. The stock system flows VERY well.

Headers, on avg 30-40hp with a tune, tone changes to a much more aggressive sound, and well it wakes up your car.

Exhaust and Headers are easy installs, a decent shop shouldnt charge you more then $400 for both to be installed, granted I am in Florida so maybe 500 is about right where you are.

Good luck to you
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #45
Sharkss

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss/rs M6
I only have $1050 into my exhaust and I have tsp stainless long tubes , welded in stainless x pipe , resontor delete , one chamber flowmaster with stock tips welded on . Sounds great and the price also includes $300 for the tune . I also used stainless tube for all exhaust stuff. Save the money and do headers your self . Really a easy job.
Sharkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #46
Wvlsxjunkie
^ Has LSX addiction

Drives: 2010 L99 SS
If you are game, I've got a very nice garage and can handle the install for you with no issues whatsoever.
ASE master cert and gm tech for 8 years.
Ill do it for free.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #47
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
Thanks for all the help guys~ I think I will stick to the original kooks headers and cats, corsa exhaust along with a hand held tuner, maybe also CAI while I'm at it
Also thanks for the offer to install, but any place that's over 2 hours drive for me won't be worth the time and traveling cost......
I will try make it to west Chester event this weekend and hear the mods in person, then pull the trigger soon or wait until spring
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #48
bigbob11

Drives: 2012 2SS
Hey ps2ren I live in the area was wondering who you are going to let do your install
bigbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #49
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
Has anyone gone with stainless steel works LT and high flow cats, and their pipes?
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #50
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
Has anyone gone with stainless steel works LT and high flow cats, and their pipes?
I have there exhaust (3" retro chambered catback) paired with my 1 7/8 lt headers and HFCs it is awesome!!! VERY loud, but awesome!

There is minimal drone @ around 1900 Rpms but it is well worth it. Not a better sounding exhaust imop.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #51
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
Feel free to give us a call if you need parts or install. I can give you a good deal on an entire package. Stop by the shop and see a few set ups for your self before you decide if you want.
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #52
isrmnd

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
I installed the hud kit on my ss myself. Its not really hard or complicated at all. It is time consuming however. Took me around 13 hours or so without any help, keep in mind it was 100 deg. Weather when I did. I would be willing to bet whoever you do get to help you out with your exhaust install would have no problem installing a hud kit even if they hadn't done one before. I wouldnt mind helping myself but philly just way to far for me to go. However if you ever in the houston area let me know. Oh btw the way changing out the windshield is worth it not have the ghosted view of the hud.
isrmnd is offline   Reply With Quote