Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #43
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Camaros are more practical than ever

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #44
Nanashii

Drives: LTurd1
I think there will be some amazing deals on Camaros later this year and this time next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #45
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
6th generation camaro not selling reason?

one of the reasons it is not selling as well as it should...Yes, price point, other options out there (bmw, mustang, challenger, etc...) but here is maybe another reason. Been a car guy my whole life, lived in a county that had 2 car plants, (GM and Chrysler)...have you watched the car shows lately? Gas Monkey, Overhaulin, Bitchin Rides, Counts Kustoms, etc..almost every day you see a 1st generation being worked on. Guess what? For 30,000$ you can get a 1st generation camaro with fuel injection replacing the carbuerator, disc brake conversion, 18-20 inch tires, and that LS Engine that can give you 400-500 horsepower and still get decent gas mileage? Why buy a "new" camaro for$30,000 - $50,000 when you can buy a classic 1st generation made with modern components?...These "car shows" and today's technology are ruining sales for this 6th generation camaro. The 5th generation camaro sold well because it had a better price point (V6 for $22,500) and looked more muscular with those three indentions and camaro written on the side. I love the 6th generation camaro, I have a 4cyl turbo and my price was $27,000..That's good enough for me..But other people want more horsepower, and just want a V6 or v8...Unless something changes quick there will be no 7th generation camaro, heck the 2018 camaro might be the last year and then no more camaro ever...And guess what? Most people won't miss it...Sad....Rant over...
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #46
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Camaros are more practical than ever
I think the word "practical" means something other than what you think it means.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #47
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I said the same thing earlier in this thread. The only reason they kept Buick is because for some reason it sells in China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Buick is king in China. Not sure you could sell a Pontiac there.

Historically, the emperor drove a Buick. The cache of the brand still holds.
What I don't understand, is why couldn't they have just kept Buick for China and axed it in the US? Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but are they building Buicks here then shipping them to China? Does China get the same Buick's as us?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #48
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Feb 15, 2017, 10:05 AM ET

It's no secret that U.S. consumers prefer SUVs and trucks nowadays, and that means car sales are sliding.

That's forcing automakers to offer big discounts to sell them.

Car sales fell to just 36 percent of U.S. auto sales last month, a record low for a January.

Generally, discounts are bigger on cars with the highest inventory.

Here are the top 10 cars with the biggest stockpiles, measured by the number of days the inventory could meet demand at the current sales rate:

Brand Vehicle Days' supply

Buick Lacrosse 330
Buick Cascada 298
Chevrolet Corvette 267
Volkswagen CC 259
Chevrolet Camaro 236
Buick Verano 234
Mitsubishi Mirage 231
Acura ILX 227
Chrysler 200 225
Buick Regal 222

Source: WardsAuto

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...deals-45509377
Second thought: Slow sales in January may have made the inventory numbers look worse than they are. If February sales are good, these numbers could shift a lot. The possibilities of more short term factory closings or even an early closing of the order books for 2017 remains. There are still a lot of 2016 Corvettes unsold, but only a few 2016 Camaros are around, no V8's in this area.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #49
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
What I don't understand, is why couldn't they have just kept Buick for China and axed it in the US? Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but are they building Buicks here then shipping them to China? Does China get the same Buick's as us?
Some Buicks are built in China. I know for sure the new Buick Envision CUV is.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #50
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Some Buicks are built in China. I know for sure the new Buick Envision CUV is.
MotorWeek tested the chinese buick last sat., and they could not find any signs of inferior quality.

The rear seats wouldn't fold flat w/o a push, but that was it.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:31 PM   #51
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
What do Chinese Buick's have to do with Camaro's?
Old 02-20-2017, 11:36 PM   #52
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Here are my thoughts on the reason for slow sales on the Camaro, although I can only speak for my area which is North Jersey.

I still see that dealers are being extremely stubborn on pricing and most are only willing to drop $1-2k off sticker. I have seen some dealers with 15 or more various trims on the lot, but mostly V8 SS trim.

I emailed, called and visited several dealers in my area over several weeks and was looking at a 2SS Fifty that stickers for $50k and change depending on if they threw in the cargo net, etc. No dealer was going below about $48k. I think one was just under $47k but that was for a manual.

Once I went to a dealer and showed them the same car that was listed online in dealers from PA and CT they gave me a much more realistic price and I bought my 2SS Fifty with A8, sunroof, navigation, dual mode exhaust for $44600 after all rebates and discounts.

If the dealers stop being so stubborn and greedy with pricing I would bet the on hand numbers would drastically drop.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:43 AM   #53
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I think the word "practical" means something other than what you think it means.
adapted or designed for actual use; useful:

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #54
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
Here are my thoughts on the reason for slow sales on the Camaro, although I can only speak for my area which is North Jersey.

I still see that dealers are being extremely stubborn on pricing and most are only willing to drop $1-2k off sticker. I have seen some dealers with 15 or more various trims on the lot, but mostly V8 SS trim.

I emailed, called and visited several dealers in my area over several weeks and was looking at a 2SS Fifty that stickers for $50k and change depending on if they threw in the cargo net, etc. No dealer was going below about $48k. I think one was just under $47k but that was for a manual.

Once I went to a dealer and showed them the same car that was listed online in dealers from PA and CT they gave me a much more realistic price and I bought my 2SS Fifty with A8, sunroof, navigation, dual mode exhaust for $44600 after all rebates and discounts.

If the dealers stop being so stubborn and greedy with pricing I would bet the on hand numbers would drastically drop.
That's a good move and good info
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #55
COmaro

Drives: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Even if most of Pontiac's numbers in its later years were a bunch of G6's, G5's ,etc being fleet dumped with very little profit? Pontiac's retail sales were fairly low.

If Pontiac survived, I couldn't see it pulling higher numbers than Buick is now, especially if GM gave Pontiac performance oriented vehicles( SS sedan remaining as the G8, Firebird revival possibly, a SRX based CUV, and then the Insignia). Those vehicles wouldn't be selling at higher numbers or at higher profits outside of the SRX/XT5 based CUV in todays market.

The decision to kill Pontiac and keep Buick is still the correct one. Only because most of us are performance oriented, do some think that isn't the case. The 2nd gen LaCrosse, Verano, Encore, and Enclave were hits for Buick with the Regal sadly the miss. Yeah even in todays market, the 3rd gen LaCrosse sales are bit disappointing though. Envision is doing well so far.
What is Buick's national market share?

In Colorado it is 0.6%. That is point six percent. I'm pretty sure at that point they should just give up. That includes SUVs and cars. If you can't sell an AWD SUV in Colorado, well, I have to say you have problems.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #56
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
I had a great experience with Hendrick in Norfolk VA.
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote