Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #43
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Maybe cool for a race car, but driving one around town is almost always a PITA. I've had friends sell their Vettes after trying to stay NA and make good power. Stalling in reverse, bucking at low speeds, can't pass emissions, blah blah blah. Slap on a blower and drives like it's stock until you hit the loud pedal. No sense making things harder on yourself than they already are.

Saw a buddy at the track this weekend with his Chrysler 300 SRT. He was all pumped up as he'd just had $2100 ported heads, cam, tune, done. Probably $3800 or more with labor. He ran the exact same time he ran before the mods and was pissed. On the phone with his tuner hoping he could get more out of it after the first pass. Never did on Saturday. I told him "supercharge and be done" when I was leaving the track LOL.

Supercharge and be done.
Ive put a large cam in every Camaro I have owned. I may go hot cam this time for spring life and durability. but not driveability.

drivability is on the tuner unless you go ridiculously massive.

I had a g6x3 cam in my 2010. over .600 lift. over 240 duration. drove fine. sounded bad ass. ran HARD. revved to 7200 rpm. made over 500 rwhp. trapped over 120 mph.

cam = fun as hell.

the only cam car on our fast list will give a supercharged car a run for its money. if he adds some heads and does some more tweaking watch out.

oh and I don't have to worry about emissions.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #44
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by four0nefive View Post
I agree. Its nice too see it makes a good bit of power while retaining AFM (I could care less about AFM, but again, good numbers for still having it).

The LT1 heads cam kit is actually perfect in my opinion for the 1LE and Corvette Grand Sport.
it doesn't retain afm. at least not on the hot cam package I was looking at. came with new lifters etc.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #45
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
I was hoping for a tune + headers, etc. that will bump up the HP and torque by 30 - 40.. that would be great!
IMO You can do it but you need to add the MSD or a well ported stock intake manifold to see numbers around 40. E85 is also a good option if you have access to the good gas.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #46
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Ive put a large cam in every Camaro I have owned. I may go hot cam this time for spring life and durability. but not driveability.

drivability is on the tuner unless you go ridiculously massive.

I had a g6x3 cam in my 2010. over .600 lift. over 240 duration. drove fine. sounded bad ass. ran HARD. revved to 7200 rpm. made over 500 rwhp. trapped over 120 mph.

cam = fun as hell.

the only cam car on our fast list will give a supercharged car a run for its money. if he adds some heads and does some more tweaking watch out.

oh and I don't have to worry about emissions.
What does a good cam, good tune that isn't a PITA on the street, heads, valve springs, etc all cost all in? On the Hemi it's around $4500 by the time you're all in, if not more based on the heads and forget about passing emissions around here.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #47
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
so it looks like the cars are running the stock header, cats, H pipe all the way back to the chevy performance mufflers correct?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote