Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-16-2016, 08:53 PM   #29
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Its hard to imagine you didn't feel the 400-500 lb weight difference. The Camaro should have felt more nimble compared to the challenger, its heavy. In a real world 1/4 mile track run, the Camaro should easily beat the Mopar stock for stock just the way you tested them.
The Scat Pack was a very good drive and whether it was the gearing or what, on the test drive it really was a flip of the coin for driving pleasure.

At the track I have no doubt the Camaro's strengths would be very noticeable. I did not feel that much difference. On the street I don't think you can honestly determine that the Camaro is that much better although we know it is.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #30
2008 corvette

Drives: 2008 corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzr100098 View Post
Easily remedied

Also, you need to put the SS in competition mode to get the best throttle response (stock)

The Challenger is way too porky - would not even consider it - the Camaro is a true sports car, even if it's bigger than what I'm used to
Thanks did this today, felt like a totally different car
2008 corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:54 AM   #31
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
I personally don't like he looks of the Dodge. It's old and worn out. Except for the Hellcat engine it also is "dated". One is paying $60+ for the engine. Everything else is pretty mundane.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #32
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Minuses for the Challenger - dated dash and interior materials/design.
What? If you drove a scat pack shaker then it had to be a 2015+ model, which has a completely overhauled dash/interior. The only thing dated about it is the intentional retro fonts (Which I personally love) on the speedo/tach.

U-Connect is much better than chevy mylink as well. It's been rated consistently as one of the best infotainment systems out there.

That being said, I love both of these cars. I recently picked up a scat pack on a lease deal that was too good to pass up (I recently bought a house, so the lower payment was optimal). However, I may put my scat up on that lease swap site soon if we end up moving out of state/across country as I don't want to deal with getting it transported and I will consider buying a 2SS once we get to where we are going.

I've driven both and they are both amazing cars. I had a ton of fun in each.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:40 PM   #33
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I was impressed with the refreshed Challenger interior. The original interior was "old Chrysler".

However it weighs more than my 4x4! Although I wouldn't mind that 392 motor..
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:11 AM   #34
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
What? If you drove a scat pack shaker then it had to be a 2015+ model, which has a completely overhauled dash/interior. The only thing dated about it is the intentional retro fonts (Which I personally love) on the speedo/tach.

U-Connect is much better than chevy mylink as well. It's been rated consistently as one of the best infotainment systems out there.

That being said, I love both of these cars. I recently picked up a scat pack on a lease deal that was too good to pass up (I recently bought a house, so the lower payment was optimal). However, I may put my scat up on that lease swap site soon if we end up moving out of state/across country as I don't want to deal with getting it transported and I will consider buying a 2SS once we get to where we are going.

I've driven both and they are both amazing cars. I had a ton of fun in each.
I drove 2016 models of both. Yes, the Challenger dash is very retro and they did do an interior refresh but when you compare the two, the Camaro is much more modern especially the instrument panel and interior materials.

And, I mentioned that the Challenger's was retro by design but it still felt dated to me.

Just my opinion and I loved both cars.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:25 AM   #35
Raven87
C'mon- really?

SP and SS Pics

I took a lot of pics that day and here are a few to compare visually. As I said, there were many great things about both cars that I really liked and both had some minuses as well. Overall, I do not think the buyer would be disappointed in either car.

Yes, the SS will be the better Track Car. The SS is marginally quicker at the strip but it would probably be a driver's race most of the time. But being the quickest on the strip or at the track only tells part of what either car is about.

Both are very, very good cars for anyone, including the performance driver.

Here is the Camaro 2SS:

And, here are similar shots from the Scat Pack Shaker. This car has the Performance Seat Upgrade which gives you the Alcantara inserts and some other things I noted in my original post.

I REALLY liked the Challenger seats:

Old 08-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #36
nosoupforyou

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS, 17 Shelby GT350
Both really nice cars, I also considered the Challenger when I was shopping last year. My biggest gripe, and it wasn't against the car itself, is even up here in Northern Maine, there are Challengers EVERYWHERE.

At any given Cars & Coffee or car show, there are 10 Challengers to every Camaro or Mustang. At the last one I went to, I could have opened a Dodge dealership on the spot

Both great cars though!
nosoupforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:38 AM   #37
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
Is that "Super Trak Pak" button similar to our "Competition Mode" ??

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #38
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
That Chally is SWEET!! I actually love the interior shots. I always loved the exterior. If I hadn't been bitten by the track bug I would seriously consider one over a gen 6
Old 08-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #39
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
Is that "Super Trak Pak" button similar to our "Competition Mode" ??
I think in theory it is comparable but I really do not know much about it and did not play with it on the test drive.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:05 AM   #40
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
hmm... the only thing I hate about the Camaro are the seats... I'm curious how much better the seats are ... may do the same thing as you steve and go test drive one! there's a gray r/t shaker on the lot with the a8. wish it had a manual, but I just wanna be comfy, man!
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #41
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
hmm... the only thing I hate about the Camaro are the seats... I'm curious how much better the seats are ... may do the same thing as you steve and go test drive one! there's a gray r/t shaker on the lot with the a8. wish it had a manual, but I just wanna be comfy, man!
The Challenger seats are excellent! I definitely think they are one thing that is better than the Camaro. The SS's are not shabby by a long shot but the bolstering and overall comfort of the Challenger seats were just a bit better in my opinion.

Test drive the Shaker - I do not think you will be disappointed with it or with the SS either for that matter.

If you are a track hound and want to maximum performance then the SS is the hands down winner. But if you want a good looking, fun, roomy, and very sporty car that won't see much if any track time then the Challenger should be considered.

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with either one of them.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #42
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
The Challenger seats are excellent! I definitely think they are one thing that is better than the Camaro. The SS's are not shabby by a long shot but the bolstering and overall comfort of the Challenger seats were just a bit better in my opinion.

Test drive the Shaker - I do not think you will be disappointed with it or with the SS either for that matter.

If you are a track hound and want to maximum performance then the SS is the hands down winner. But if you want a good looking, fun, roomy, and very sporty car that won't see much if any track time then the Challenger should be considered.

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with either one of them.
Thanks for the response. I'm one of those "1LE owners that wastes their car by not taking it to the track" ( ) so no track days for me.

The 6th gen is way too small on the interior for me unfortunately to even consider, and i'm 'only' 230lbs (6'5"). I sat in one at the dealership and it felt just as tight as the C7. I'm only 26 years old, but my knees are literally like pop rocks as soon as I step out of the Camaro.

Maybe I just need some more PT to get my body 'aligned' again - but I'm curious about the challenger now! Maybe the 1LE will become the GQ and a Challenger could be the new daily.. hmm.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote