Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #127
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Hell there's Impala in the front end.

It's a Chevrolet. If it looks like other Chevrolets then who cares?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #128
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Yuck ! I'll buy the 15 mustang or challenger before this. LOL.. at y'all that like this but don't like the 15 mustang.

If you took the time to find some of the earlier 2015 Mustang designs they were more bold and wild than the real thing that came out.

Nobody thinks this will be the 6th gen Camaro exactly as shown, if at all (doubtful).

So...."LOL" back at you.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #129
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
So on the off chance that GM is here looking for input: As a fan of this car, give thoughtful advice; not mindless criticism.

After all, we're all going to have to live with the end result. Might as well do what we can to make it a good one!
Completely agree....that part of the reason why I'm so dang opinionated in these threads lol.

So with that in mind,

If I had to elaborate on my earlier posts:

Circled area in top left photo. something about this fat bulging transition from the middle of the car to the wider read looks a bit off. I love the wide rear and the "hips" on the Camaro so I'd love for that to stay, but I think this transition would need to be softened up. Maybe something closer to the 5th gen in this area?

Circled area in the bottom photo. I really like this hard line. Its eye catching, interesting, and makes helps bring the car together. I just feel its a bit too pronounced and could be softend up. Maybe have the line start further back at the end of the front fender or maybe the front part of the door.

I love the rear. I'd leave it as is. Of course that diffusor and tail pipes would never make production...I get that. But something very similar would be sweet.

As for the front end. I like the overall shape even at the multiple angles shown. Design the bottom so that a nice looking chin spoiler or splitter could be added there. I don't like the big black area, but I know something like that would never make production. I think the LED daytime running lights they have shown here is pretty awesome.

My advice to Chevy would be to take what Ford did with the Mustang and give the car a low and wide profile. Thats about the only thing I'd say to follow Ford as that car has a great profile. As for what not to follow from the Mustang...don't give the car a corporate face. Keep it unique. Give the car interesting bold lines. The new Mustang looks nice enough, but honestly that design doesn't do much for me. Its new, but not really exciting like when I first saw the 5th gen. Creating a more exciting, striking, head turning design than the competition is the goal.
Attached Images

Last edited by KMPrenger; 12-19-2013 at 12:51 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #130
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hell there's Impala in the front end.

It's a Chevrolet. If it looks like other Chevrolets then who cares?
Didn't you know that everything about every car must be 100% unique to that particular vehicle?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #131
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
And a lil quote saying that "could this be the next gen Camaro?"

Merged with thread in 6th Gen section
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #132
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That is all kinds of badass! I heard GM is going to get wild with the next-gen Chevy Cruze too!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #133
FenwickHockey65

Not sure how wild Cruze will get but it will be vastly more refined than the current gen.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #134
GundamX7X

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Some nice ideas for the new 6GEN

I think the defuse could make it into production, it doesn't seem that far fetched. It does seem like Chevy took some elements from the impala and stingray which is not a bad idea. I would like to see hidden side mirrors on the Camaro, maybe something motorized. A manual setup for the mirrors would be just as good, the ability to hid them in the body panels would be great. A locking mechanism inside the car can lock or unlock the mirrors for when the owner wishes to store or extract them. The hood seems to have three vents. I don't know if this middle is dedicated to ram air but from what I can see, it seems to be for down force. Looks like the air enters in from the middle and transfers the down force closer to the edge of the body, near the two front tires. Wonder if this could provide more stability during high speeds. An idea I was thinking about is the ability to have easily removable parts for the body of the car. Have a base for the wing but at the base create a connecting bracket something of course reinforced that allows drivers to switch from stock OEM wing to a racing wing in seconds. The Edge panel towards the front fascia could be removable to add a custom splitter in the front, on track days. Also some quick connecting side skirts would be outstanding. A rail system I would call it, giving the ability to unlock a part off the car and exchange it with another part, tool less design. 3rd party companies can still make diffusers and other parts for the car the only commonality they have to share is the ability to connect to the rail system of the car (connection mechanism). Race mode, show mode or even snow mode lol. I think Chevy has a solid foundation to work with based on the design of this concept.
Attached Images

GundamX7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #135
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Anyone know if the new CEO committed to the Gen6 program and with any details on what kind of product it should be? This rendering looks great, but I am wondering if the "vision" has been reset and the role for GM Performance either assured or clouded.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #136
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Comic book toy cars with ridiculously over-size wheels and under-size cabin. I don't know why people think this kind of look is "futuristic" as it's so impractical in any real sense. I would rather see realistic possibilities instead of over-the-top dramatic stuff.
Uhhh did you even see the first 5th gen renderings???
Old 12-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #137
redsap05

Drives: 2005 pontiac gto
looks like a volt had sex with a c7 and inherited most of the looks from the volt. yuck!
redsap05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #138
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Does anyone know if there are any wheels out there that look like that, or close to it, those are sweet!! PM if anyone knows of any
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #139
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Anyone know if the new CEO committed to the Gen6 program and with any details on what kind of product it should be? This rendering looks great, but I am wondering if the "vision" has been reset and the role for GM Performance either assured or clouded.
They've been working on the design at least for a while now.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #140
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If you took the time to find some of the earlier 2015 Mustang designs they were more bold and wild than the real thing that came out.

Nobody thinks this will be the 6th gen Camaro exactly as shown, if at all (doubtful).

So...."LOL" back at you.
Lmfao... Please child I actually hope the 6thgen does look like this. So everyone can buy it and trade in their 5thgen.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro