Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-15-2017, 02:12 AM   #1
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
Trunk didn't want to open

Not sure if anyone else had this problem tried opening the trunk with remote and pad underneath trunk area and nothing..seems like it was stuck any info on this.. Edit: after a few more tries it popped open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:23 AM   #2
Codester5

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
It happened to me the week i bought it one time. 1 year later it hasn't happened again. Good luck to you on it.
Codester5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:17 AM   #3
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codester5 View Post
It happened to me the week i bought it one time.
Same here! I have only had it 5 weeks, but hasn't happened again...
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Mine does it sometimes. Pretty sure its from not latching all the way. I just press down on the trunk and it will open fine. Stops might need adjusted.
Chez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #5
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I had this problem a few weeks ago. The trunk would not open with remote, button under the bumper or in the driver's door. Also my top would not go down because I got an error saying trunk was open!! Took it to the dealer. They could open it with the key process then it worked fine for and 10 minutes.
They opened a case and had to speak to engineering since it wasn't throwing any codes.

Ended up replacing the latch mechanism and now I have no issues.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #6
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
I brought my 1LE for an oil change and mentioned this happens like 10% of the time, luckily it started Happening at the dealer right there... Well I think it's just the latch that needs adjusting but they ordered a new fuse block.. not sure guess we will see if it fixes the issue.

Sorry that it's sideways but this is what happens to mine

https://youtu.be/UvB2-c269zI
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #7
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I had it happen once - here's the context, unlike all of above that seem to be mechanical in nature - mine seemed to be program logic.

Picking up Pizza at Costco, left the wife and kid in the car with remote and turned on accessory so they could listen to radio. Get pizza, stand behind car - remote still in with wife, trunk won't open (latch not even activating at all, just dead silent) - get remote and hit trunk key, nothing, hit trunk button on driver's door...NOPE! Turn car off and NOPE, turn car on, NOPE...

got the car home, opened no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Mine wouldn't even attempt to unlock as yours did...it just didn't do anything at all - mine seems to be a program issue, where yours is mechanical.

Last edited by DenverTaco07; 05-15-2017 at 09:06 AM.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #8
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I had it happen once - here's the context, unlike all of above that seem to be mechanical in nature - mine seemed to be program logic.

Picking up Pizza at Costco, left the wife and kid in the car with remote and turned on accessory so they could listen to radio. Get pizza, stand behind car - remote still in with wife, trunk won't open (latch not even activating at all, just dead silent) - get remote and hit trunk key, nothing, hit trunk button on driver's door...NOPE! Turn car off and NOPE, turn car on, NOPE...

got the car home, opened no problem.

Mine wouldn't even attempt to unlock as yours did...it just didn't do anything at all - mine seems to be a program issue, where yours is mechanical.
When mine was misbehaving I did hear a clicking noise but no way it would open. Saw a YouTube video where they banged on the trunk lid. That didn't work either. At one point the dealer had to remove the back seat to reach in and pull the manual escape thingy and that actually opened it.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
Quote:
I brought my 1LE for an oil change and mentioned this happens like 10% of the time, luckily it started Happening at the dealer right there... Well I think it's just the latch that needs adjusting but they ordered a new fuse block.. not sure guess we will see if it fixes the issue.

Yea mine did the same exact thing hopefully it doesn't do it again kind of embarrassing in front of people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #10
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I've only had the trunk misbehave when i had the plastic center piece removed while i was hydro-dippingit. It seems without that plastic piece it was resting too low and the unlock mechanism lacked the spring force needed to pop it. Installed the plastic piece once i was done and it's behavior was back to normal.

Perhaps your trunk (assuming you didn't remove the center plastic piece) simple needs some adjustment on the rubber stops.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #11
nearwater

Drives: '17 2SS 50th
I had the same issue happen twice. Mine didn't even want to click at the latch.
As soon as I turned off the ignition, it worked fine. Weird. It was almost like the valet mode was on.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:22 PM   #12
Dlions720

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I had the same issue today. The trunk wouldn't open when it was running but once I turned it off it opened just fine.
Dlions720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:52 PM   #13
JR91

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlions720 View Post
I had the same issue today. The trunk wouldn't open when it was running but once I turned it off it opened just fine.
I know with the M6 Camaro, if the car is running and the parking brake is not engaged, you will not be able to open the trunk with the trunk release button located inside the cabin. I found this out when I was picking up my brother from the airport.
JR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #14
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Quote:

Welp just wanted to add to this my car has been at the dealer for two weeks now.

The trunk would not open at all, no actuating nothing from keys, to the button inside.

They have gone from replacing keys, fuse boxes, to the BCM, they still don't know what's going on.

They are in the process of "reprogramming" modules according to some procedure GM has given them I will find out more soon.
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote