Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2017, 08:04 AM   #15
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
This time it did it at start up, no full throttle or anything. Have the Carista hooked up, so I cleared the code at least. I've had enough...
Old 06-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #16
BowtieRocket

Mine didn't start giving me problems til over 1k. Have had it on for about 6k...
Old 06-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #17
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16silverSS View Post
It's great for a couple of hundred miles or so. Then it throws a cell "reduce engine power" and your car won't go over 20mph. I've gone through the reprogramming steps a dozen times and still throws a cell.
I had one installed for over 100,000 miles on my 5th gen (2010 2SS) with zero issues. Now I have one installed on my 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS wirh zero issues. It's been running perfectly since I installed it over 10,000 miles ago. I have The A8 and run in manual mode much of the time with plenty of upshifting and downshifting.

Do some people have issues? Yes.

Do most? I doubt it.

I love mine!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #18
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
If it takes 8cm then exercise your foot.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #19
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Previously I posted a poll for us to get GM to release a software update to fix the mushy throttle response, I just installed the VTC vitesse throttle control, it is soooooo much better now, yes still some lag like so many have posted, but it is SMALL enough now ( I estimate approx. 3cm vs 8-10cm of dead travel before) that it finally feels like a 455hp car! !!!

The install was a bit tricky because the new knob style controller requires you push directly down to make a good click contact with the circuit board-just got off the phone with Ahmed at Vitesse, and he explained everything.

Car drives awesome now!
Mines adjusted in my tune. Very little lag and the pedal feels 1:1 response now

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #20
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Mine has done the "reduced power" deal 3x now. Mine tends to clear once I shut it off for a few minutes than back on. I have cleared it once at a red light lol It's about as annoying as the throttle lag. YMMV I am really looking forward to a tune to take care of it the proper way, then mine will be for sale
Do you have hptuners? I could help with it

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #21
BowtieRocket

No I don't. I'll be getting a tune soon after some installs. I will just get by til then...
Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #22
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Their customer service stinks.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #23
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Removed the POS Vitesse Throttle Controller because it caused the car to go into reduced engine power mode for the FIFTH time since installing it!!!
With the vtc, you have to choose a setting and just LEAVE it there.

I like sp 6. If you must change it you should do so while idling-no throttle, and only one number at a time with a couple of driving km in between-give the car ecu time to adjust!

Think about how slow the processor in these Camaros are, everything from the radio preset delay response, the dissappearing drive modes, to the gm throttle lag, tells me these cars need a looong time to adjust to any changes. If you keep changing the vtc settings, then the stabilitrak timing and everything else just gets completely confused and trips the engine code light.

The car is trying to adjust to your driving style-it doesn't know the vtc is plugged in. Ive never had any problems with my vtc on my gen5 or now on the gen 6 - its the best thing you could do before killing your warranty with a tune.
MR-02 is offline   Reply With Quote