Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #1
SSTonyHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6M
16 problems vs 17 problems

This may be a dumb question. I have had my 17 SS for a couple weeks now and have loved every second of it. As I read through all of the forums it seems the 16s had a few issues. Did any of those problems get ironed out for the 17 model year or should I be nervous and start looking for things that may go wrong? I just read about draining the differential and wonder if I need to be proactive and replace the fluid before any noise starts happening. What else should I be on the lookout for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SSTonyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTonyHD View Post
This may be a dumb question. I have had my 17 SS for a couple weeks now and have loved every second of it. As I read through all of the forums it seems the 16s had a few issues. Did any of those problems get ironed out for the 17 model year or should I be nervous and start looking for things that may go wrong? I just read about draining the differential and wonder if I need to be proactive and replace the fluid before any noise starts happening. What else should I be on the lookout for?

Replacing the differential fluid at 1500mi can't hurt. Other than that just break it in however you feel comfortable doing and have fun!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #3
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Drive it ,keep it spotless follow the maintenance schedule and pay no attention to All the negative comments .
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #4
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTonyHD View Post

The NPP rattle is still an issue
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #5
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Change that fluid
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:30 AM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
change it as soon as possible after 500miles. change it again at 1500 and it will stay clean. I did this on my 5th gen and after 20000 miles it still looked like it did when I put it in at 1500. At 500 it will be metallic black.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:44 AM   #7
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
you should probably keep in mind that you are on an enthusiast forum.not every car will develop these issues,you just hear more about the unfortunate ones that do.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote