Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #29
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
Originally Posted by Godsplumber
Still trying to figure out how this qualifies as being run off the road? Sounds like you took a blind corner speeding and had to hurt your car to avoid hitting another car in "their" lane. Sorry, just saying. Fun driving fast though huh?
Godsplumber
Still trying to figure out how this qualifies as being run off the road? Sounds like you took a blind corner speeding and had to hurt your car to avoid hitting another car in "their" lane. Sorry, just saying. Fun driving fast though huh?

Glad you was in the car with me and know what I was doing NOT!!!! I drive this road M-F to work and I know where I can go fast and were not to in any car that I drive. Most of the time I take my Volvo XC90 but that day my Wifes car (Volvo XC70) was in the shop for service so she drove mine and I drove the Z. I know how to drive and when the tires are cold and the temp is around 45-50 you must go slow.

So you sucked me into a reply when I don't have to justify anything to you. Just saying. Glad you enjoyed the ride.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #30
mcalcote

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
This would be one argument for getting the optional tire/wheel insurance when you buy the car. The insurance runs somewhere in the $450 range I thing but it does cover pretty much any kind of damage to the tires or wheels.

Yes I think that tire/wheel insurance would had been a good thing also... however my dealer looked at me like I was dumb when I asked about it!?! So it was not offered to us! It really bothered me that our dealer offered us no extra anything even when it was asked about...but what can you do now?
mcalcote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #31
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post
Originally Posted by Godsplumber
Godsplumber

Glad you was in the car with me and know what I was doing NOT!!!! I drive this road M-F to work and I know where I can go fast and were not to in any car that I drive. Most of the time I take my Volvo XC90 but that day my Wifes car (Volvo XC70) was in the shop for service so she drove mine and I drove the Z. I know how to drive and when the tires are cold and the temp is around 45-50 you must go slow.

So you sucked me into a reply when I don't have to justify anything to you. Just saying. Glad you enjoyed the ride.

Riiiight. Glad your ok, and the car is reparable and no one was hurt. Just bustin your balls sir. Thank you for your service.
Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalcote View Post
Yes I think that tire/wheel insurance would had been a good thing also... however my dealer looked at me like I was dumb when I asked about it!?! So it was not offered to us! It really bothered me that our dealer offered us no extra anything even when it was asked about...but what can you do now?
Sorry about your dealer not giving you the heads up. Mine told me all about it because I had never bought it before. When he said $500.00 for up to 5 years of coverage I jumped all over that knowing a tire by itself cost $500.00. Check and see if it can be bought after the fact. The worst they can say is no.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #33
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
Godsplumber,

All is Good, Just waiting on the parts so that I can start driving her agian.
Your welcome Proud to serve!
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #34
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
USAA is the best I've been with them my whole driving life..being a brat and then joining the service myself...wouldn't go any other way. Also I lived in Germany for 4 years stationed @ Spangdahlem and can say without a doubt I know how you feel. I have had that happen to me numerous times while I was there traveling the B50 omw to and from work. Glad Pfadt and USAA is getting your ride back together quickly.
SGT Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #35
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Sorry about your dealer not giving you the heads up. Mine told me all about it because I had never bought it before. When he said $500.00 for up to 5 years of coverage I jumped all over that knowing a tire by itself cost $500.00. Check and see if it can be bought after the fact. The worst they can say is no.
Sounds like you got a fantastic deal! Thanks for sharing!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
WOW!!! That's bad
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #37
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
usaa is awesome. hope you get it fixed real soon. i'd've turned around and chased that douchebag if it was possible though, and at least gotten a plate number.
The other driver wasn't involved in the accident, what is there to go after him for? And tell the cops what when you give them the plate? "Officer, this guy was legally in his lane, but he's a douche bag for being there, because I was going way too fast without regard for other motorists?" If I was the cop that came out there, I'd laugh in your face and cite you for failure to control a vehicle to avoid a collision. I've done it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
Riiiight. Glad your ok, and the car is reparable and no one was hurt. Just bustin your balls sir. Thank you for your service.
Hey. quit busting his balls. He knows where he can go fast and where he can go slow. It's that other guys fault for not knowing this guy was on a qualifying lap on the street and getting in his way. I swear, some people are so inconsiderate. Every morning when I'm going to work, there is always people on the on ramp to the freeway here too. Every once in a while, I go too fast, and when someone gets in my way, I accelerate instead of brake and destroy my wheels and suspension too.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #38
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Are you guys not reading the OP? He came around a blind corner and a car was in HIS lane as in passing someone...or taking a wide turn...or not paying attention and drifting over the centerline.. lol
SGT Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #39
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Hey. quit busting his balls. He knows where he can go fast and where he can go slow. It's that other guys fault for not knowing this guy was on a qualifying lap on the street and getting in his way. I swear, some people are so inconsiderate. Every morning when I'm going to work, there is always people on the on ramp to the freeway here too. Every once in a while, I go too fast, and when someone gets in my way, I accelerate instead of brake and destroy my wheels and suspension too.[/QUOTE]

I already said I was teesing, geez
Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #40
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ouch...that hurt. At least it's getting taken care of quickly.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote