Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #57
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
For myself I will only buy a Chevy product with a small block, that's what they're good at. Also I probably would have paid a bit more for a Camaro if GM has chosen to ask more. It's so close to being a 'vette with all the goodies from the 'vette that I think it's a bargain compared to the 'vette (fortunately I paid slightly under dealer cost). In actuality the Camaro has more than the 'vette for less cost.

Who cares about the Mustang and if it's slower or faster unless whenever you see one you are always trying to prove you're faster. Personally when I see a Mustang I usually clear out of the way because I don't want to get hit by one. Also they break down regularly, if you want a reliable Ford get a Fusion... oh wait, they've stopped making those!

As for GM, get almost any vehicle with a small block and you should be good for 300k miles. Once the small block dies with gov't regulations and such I wonder how GM will stay relevant and in the top reliable brands... with the Colorado and it's straight 5?

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:08 PM   #58
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Not true. In the 50's (53-54 if I remember right) They couldn't give a vette away. In order to get the base price down to generate traffic, The transmission was considered an "option". After AZD took over the Corvette program, and the SBC was produced, things took off.
Reading isn't your strong point, is it.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #59
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDream View Post
Except the front end looks like a horse's ass, and I'm not talkin' about a stallion.

That's the best looking V8 Camaro I've seen since the 5th gen ZL1
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #60
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
That's the best looking V8 Camaro I've seen since the 5th gen ZL1
I really like the 2020 front end better than the 2016-2018 version and the tail lights.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #61
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
18 miles? I hope you broke that up into 2 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I'm guessing you meant something like 180 miles, but it's the same here. I usually have to travel a ways, sometimes to other states, to find a good deal. I've only bought 1 local dealer vehicle in the past 17 or so years.
Lol, no I meant 18. When there are 4v dealers within 2 miles, driving 18 miles in traffic is a pain. 1 out of 5 dealers that are decent is terrible.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:08 PM   #62
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Folks...

I don't get why so many people are still clinging to the notion that it's lack of advertising that is the cause of poor sales

The reason for the poor sales is primarily due to the Camaro itself. It's too expensive for a car that is not practical, for the majority of people, as a daily driver or even as a frequent non-daily driver. It's a fantastic performer but in the quest for maximum performance GM has sacrificed the means of it being a good car.

All the advertising in the world won't help a car sell that isn't really practical, isn't comfortable for many, and still costs $45,000 for a moderately equipped SS.
Exactly!! What he just said!! I don't want us to lose the Camaro again by GM just trying to cater to us performance weirdos!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #63
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationlriders View Post
For myself I will only buy a Chevy product with a small block, that's what they're good at. Also I probably would have paid a bit more for a Camaro if GM has chosen to ask more. It's so close to being a 'vette with all the goodies from the 'vette that I think it's a bargain compared to the 'vette (fortunately I paid slightly under dealer cost). In actuality the Camaro has more than the 'vette for less cost.

Who cares about the Mustang and if it's slower or faster unless whenever you see one you are always trying to prove you're faster. Personally when I see a Mustang I usually clear out of the way because I don't want to get hit by one. Also they break down regularly, if you want a reliable Ford get a Fusion... oh wait, they've stopped making those!

As for GM, get almost any vehicle with a small block and you should be good for 300k miles. Once the small block dies with gov't regulations and such I wonder how GM will stay relevant and in the top reliable brands... with the Colorado and it's straight 5?

Modern small blocks are world class engines.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #64
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationlriders View Post

A lot of good stuff in this post. I had luck with my 14 Gt. Once gm goes dohc I’ll prob switch to ford
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #65
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Lol, no I meant 18. When there are 4v dealers within 2 miles, driving 18 miles in traffic is a pain. 1 out of 5 dealers that are decent is terrible.
I have 5 Chevy dealers within 20 miles of me. Still drove 60 miles north to get the car/deal.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:56 PM   #66
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Don't forget it was either Chevy or a dealer that leased Corvettes to astronauts for $1 to drum up business too.
I did not know that....
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #67
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Reading isn't your strong point, is it.
knoe ets knot....
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote