Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
To Wait or not to Wait?

Ok, so I will be transferring to a 4-year university at the end of the Spring 2015 term (beginning of June). When I transfer, I plan on getting a camaro, but I am debating if it will be worth it to wait for the 2016 year to roll out. What does everyone think? Do we know when GM is thinking about selling the first run of the '16s? Will it (read: rubbermaid interior & god-awful taillights) be improved from the 15's? When are we anticipating the press release showcasing it?

Thanks everyone!
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
Wait for it...
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
People keep forgetting that the Camaro's interior actually won awards when it was first released.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Wait, if you don't like the 6th gen pick up a 5th gen for a great deal.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Wait...there will be a huge firesale on 5th gen camaros if you dont like the 6th gen
Old 11-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
They will be unveiled before you're ready to buy next spring, so you should have plenty of info.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #7
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I wouldn't buy one at all if I were still in college unless it was paid in cash and I had a beater to drive to school.
the last thing anyone needs when getting out of college is paying a 500+ dollar a month car payment when you start getting hammered with school loans.
Also, I'm sure you already know barely anyone at college will respect your ride. I predict it will be door dinged at minimum in the school parking lot within 2 weeks.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #8
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
They will be unveiled before you're ready to buy next spring, so you should have plenty of info.
Exactly. By June, we will surely have a ton more information than we have now. Basically, at that point, the only thing most of us won't know is what it's like to drive. But we'll have photos, basic specs, basic option information, colors, etc. coming out of ears by June.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
People keep forgetting that the Camaro's interior actually won awards when it was first released.
But pretty much everyone commented on the cheap feel of the materials. Plus it wasn't the most ergonomic interior ever.

6th gen will be much improved.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #10
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
But pretty much everyone commented on the cheap feel of the materials. Plus it wasn't the most ergonomic interior ever.

6th gen will be much improved.

Hmmm....GM Guru saying it will be much improved.....Ill wait. Anxiously. Checking the forum everyday. But waiting
Old 11-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #11
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
I wouldn't buy one at all if I were still in college unless it was paid in cash and I had a beater to drive to school.
the last thing anyone needs when getting out of college is paying a 500+ dollar a month car payment when you start getting hammered with school loans.
Also, I'm sure you already know barely anyone at college will respect your ride. I predict it will be door dinged at minimum in the school parking lot within 2 weeks.
As a general statement, I would agree with the above advice. However, because I don't know the OP's financial situation I will reserve comment.

I also think that the potential for door dings is a horrible excuse to not buy the car you want. Bee is a daily driver here in CO and has the potential to end up in the ditch about 5 months out of the year, but that didn't stop me from getting the car I wanted.

Unless you're buying the car to put away as an "investment" or as a show car (which does not seem the motive of the OP), buy the car you want (assuming the financials work out).

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
As a general statement, I would agree with the above advice. However, because I don't know the OP's financial situation I will reserve comment.

I also think that the potential for door dings is a horrible excuse to not buy the car you want. Bee is a daily driver here in CO and has the potential to end up in the ditch about 5 months out of the year, but that didn't stop me from getting the car I wanted.

Unless you're buying the car to put away as an "investment" or as a show car (which does not seem the motive of the OP), buy the car you want (assuming the financials work out).
I would agree with you, but I am fortunate enough to have a financial situation that will allow this car. And, you are also correct in that this is a DD, not a show car - I WISH I could afford a car just to look pretty. I expect the door dings, and will get pissed when they happen, but will still be driving a badass car.

Also - I (not being a huge car guy) realized that SEMA is going on. I'm not 100%, but I will cling on to hope, and ask anyways - chance of 6th gen being unveiled?
Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post

Also - I (not being a huge car guy) realized that SEMA is going on. I'm not 100%, but I will cling on to hope, and ask anyways - chance of 6th gen being unveiled?
January Detroit Auto Show is the most likely candidate. Though Chevrolet has not made the official announcement of it happening there, just speculation.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #14
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
January Detroit Auto Show is the most likely candidate. Though Chevrolet has not made the official announcement of it happening there, just speculation.
Thank you!