Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #15
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
To the company that gave us this recently I will give them the benefit of the doubt!
Attached Images

ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #16
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Here's one thing to keep in mind.

Complainers are ALWAYS going to be louder than those who like or are OK with it. When the 2014 was un-veiled, based on this site it would have been a total sales disaster and the Mustang would have easily overtaken the sales lead. But that didn't happen did it?

For every complainer on this site, there are probably many more who do like it, or will like it when the real thing is revealed.

For me, I'm on the fence, but I'm smart enough to realize that there are still significant details we haven't seen and I know I simply can't decide until I see the real deal. I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at you all who think based on a camo'ed car that its already ugly and a huge disaster for the Camaro. That's just silly talk right there. The only ones that can rightfully be disappointed right now are those that wanted something completely different than the 5th gen. But if you like the 5th gen, there is probably a good chance you are going to like this car as well.
This!!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #17
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post

Calm down and recognize that if we get a lighter, faster, slightly modernized version with a few cool performance packages, you will buy it.
Yep!!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #18
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
To the company that gave us this recently I will give them the benefit of the doubt!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Well considering the evolution from c6 to c7 vette has gotten plenty of praise, i expect chevy to hit the 6th gen camaro out of the park too. They have had plenty of time to listen to enthusiasts opinions post '14 refresh, and i think an evolution of the 14' refresh plus an all new drivetrain and chassis WILL make the 6th gen a better performing car than the 5th gen. Wether or not people like the way the car looks is subjective and you can't please everyone. Although these recent renderings on this forum have been great and i really appreciate their work, they are not set in stone.

We will see in January, until then keep the renderings and speculations coming as it builds excitement and anticipation for the reveal.

If you have already written off the 6th gen based on camo'd cars and 3rd party artist renderings, then your loss.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I think alot of current owners who are not pleased have an expectation of what a camaro should be. If camaro never existed, these same folks would be drooling over this car.

When it is released and viewed in person, many crows will be ingested.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #21
87GNX

Drives: Alot
The 2015 mustang look bad in yellow?

Old 10-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #22
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I'm not excited about the way the camo cars are looking but I realize that we haven't seen what it really looks like yet. It's getting really old seeing dummies on here posting like these renderings are gospel. They are just imagined drawings to pass the time till the real thing is revealed. The people threatening to not buy a sixth gen based on some yahoos drawing probably don't have the sense to take their car out of park to begin with and would have their opinion better received on another site, probably one of the Mustang variety.
I get what you are saying. If the dummies would actually read my comments that accompany my renders, they'd know even I don't view them as gospel, so they shouldn't either. And to those who misinterpret Pro's post, HE'S not calling me a yahoo, he is voicing it as the thought process of those who think that way. Further, my early mustang renders got the stance and proportion of the new Mustang right, but were off in terms of styling.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #23
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
I get what you are saying. If the dummies would actually read my comments that accompany my renders, they'd know even I don't view them as gospel, so they shouldn't either. And to those who misinterpret Pro's post, HE'S not calling me a yahoo, he is voicing it as the thought process of those who think that way. Further, my early mustang renders got the stance and proportion of the new Mustang right, but were off in terms of styling.
Chaz you the man! Thanks for the work.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #24
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Chaz you the man! Thanks for the work.
Yes.. I know I really appreciate all the renders you do!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #25
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
The 2015 mustang look bad in yellow?

Wow.. Now that one actually looks ok with the black wheels.. I don't like how the back kind of sags down..
Old 10-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #26
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
Correct. Yahoo meaning the artists don't have inside knowledge of what the car really looks like. I do think some of them are good interpretations of the camo cars but fall short of the final product. I'm going to reserve judgement for at least a couple days after the actual reveal if I don't love what I see cause I overreacted like a lot of people for the 2014 refresh. I literally hated the pics from the TV show and now I drive a 2014 1LE.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #27
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Correct. Yahoo meaning the artists don't have inside knowledge of what the car really looks like. I do think some of them are good interpretations of the camo cars but fall short of the final product. I'm going to reserve judgement for at least a couple days after the actual reveal if I don't love what I see cause I overreacted like a lot of people for the 2014 refresh. I literally hated the pics from the TV show and now I drive a 2014 1LE.
When they rolled that 2014 Refresh on the stage along with that Z28, I was like they messed up the Camaro.. Now we own a 2014 RS..
Old 10-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Now that we are getting closer to seeing what the 6th Gen Camaro looks like, I see a ton of complaints. A lot of people saying they won't buy the 6th Gen. I too wanted a change. I wanted GM to pay homage to the 2nd or 3rd Gen Camaro. But alot of people barked at the idea of paying homage to a previous Gen.. So what do people want????...But I'm very fine with the 6th Gen being a highly evolved 5th Gen. In my opinion, the 1st and 5th Gens are the best looking Camaros anyway.. I think GM gets it right by building off of that success and getting inline with what many car companies do with there most successful cars. A radical change may have killed the Camaro..
Complaints will always be more visible than praise. That is why we have alarms to tell us when things are wrong, rather than when they are perfectly fine. And 'everything is OK alarm' would be insanely annoying (see Simpsons, episode 205 'The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace').

Camaro fans want a car that does 2 things: look cool; and out perform the Mustang. The fsecond is almost a given, based on what we know of the LT4 & ATS. The first, we should reserve judgment upon until GM unveils it in the not-so-distant future. And even then if we don't like it at first, car designs have a tendency to grow on you (rather than alienate). For example, I didn't like the C7, but now -seeing it next to a C6, I definitely prefer it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote