Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #141
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Oh and just curious. Everyone doing these overlays is matching the wheelbase of the current car to the camo cars.

I think we can see clearly that the cars driving around are going to be smaller.

Also, and seriously, in profile, a coupe is a coupe is a coupe. The only possible variations in profile would be a notchback like in the 130R. Otherwise you could probably put a 2015 Mustang in one of the overlays and it would probably fit under the padding.

This may create a whole new camo process at GM because in this case, everyone is seeing what they hope to see. Even if the little glimpses of the real grill opening are pointed out, people are going that can't be it. It really looks like.................

This is fun
Old 08-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #142
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
any chance these are just decoys?? just a thought
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #143
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
any chance these are just decoys?? just a thought
Decoy for what?

That would be a ton of money to spend to drive fake cars around. And what would the purpose of that be?

At some point you have to drive and evaluate the prototypes on real roads. This is that time.

These are the real deal. The "decoy" part is all of the vinyl and padding.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #144
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Oh and just curious. Everyone doing these overlays is matching the wheelbase of the current car to the camo cars.

I think we can see clearly that the cars driving around are going to be smaller.
That was my point in mentioning that I'm matching wheelbases. We know the new wheelbase is smaller. So shrinking the current model to match the proto's wheelbase is making the current model's body slightly smaller...and it is still bigger than the prototype.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #145
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Amen, brother.

Come on, people. Decoys?? Seriously? Let's try to maintain some perspective here. GM is updating the Camaro, a moderately popular vehicle among a certain segment of the auto-buying public, but ultimately a pretty minor part of GM's worldwide business. This isn't the freakin' Manhattan Project. This isn't D-Day, where the Allies are setting up fake tanks to fool the Jerries.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #146
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
I wonder what the average transaction price is for the Camaro, I would think that it would be around $30,000 or so. This car may only make up a small portion of sales for GM, however if it has a higher transaction price then it may bring in a good chunk of revenue for the company. Assuming 90,000 units a year at $30,000 ATP that is $2,700,000,000 in revenue for the company which is a healthy amount. Deliveries since April of 2009 is 452,607 and assuming $30,000 ATP over that many units means over the years the Camaro has brought in some $13,578,210,000 in revenue over the past 4 years of time. What we do not know is how much it cost to make the Camaro and what the development costs were (and updates) to get to the Camaro tot his point. If profit margins are big enough then even though the Camaro makes up a small % of sales it more then carries its own weight in the company.

Though these are prototypes with lots of padding to throw people off, who does the whole decoy car thing?....
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #147
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
I wonder what the average transaction price is for the Camaro, I would think that it would be around $30,000 or so. This car may only make up a small portion of sales for GM, however if it has a higher transaction price then it may bring in a good chunk of revenue for the company. Assuming 90,000 units a year at $30,000 ATP that is $2,700,000,000 in revenue for the company which is a healthy amount. Deliveries since April of 2009 is 452,607 and assuming $30,000 ATP over that many units means over the years the Camaro has brought in some $13,578,210,000 in revenue over the past 4 years of time. What we do not know is how much it cost to make the Camaro and what the development costs were (and updates) to get to the Camaro tot his point. If profit margins are big enough then even though the Camaro makes up a small % of sales it more then carries its own weight in the company.

Though these are prototypes with lots of padding to throw people off, who does the whole decoy car thing?....
It's been mentioned that each Camaro is very profitable for GM, especially the V8 models.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #148
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Decoy for what?

That would be a ton of money to spend to drive fake cars around. And what would the purpose of that be?

At some point you have to drive and evaluate the prototypes on real roads. This is that time.

I believe those are real C6's underneath the camo. They appear to be a little bit smaller. There is an incentive to make as little changes as possible since the current car is selling so well. But I think we will see some pretty cool changes in the styling in an effort to keep it from going stale. The suspension and drive train should see some cool changes as well. There should be a new interior to look forward to as well.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #149
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
Here's two different levels of blend.

Keep in mind, I'm lining these up by the wheelbase. So if the 6th Gen has a shorter wheelbase then the 5th gen would be just that much larger in comparison. Essentially, I'm shrinking the photo of the 5th Gen to match the wheelbase of the prototype.

Nobody has come up with a good guestimate for the C6 wheelbase. Looks slightly smaller with the naked eye. I don't think the Camaro needs to be too much smaller than it is. Just about 500 pounds lighter.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #150
AshenGreyLFX

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1LS
Also remember the camera angle plays a huge part in the matching of the two cars. The pic of the 6th gen looks like the camera was closer to the ground (lower) than the pic of the 5th gen. We won't know how it looks until we do.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #151
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
If the Gen 6 has nineteen inch wheels instead of twenties, that would impact the comparison pictures. I'm betting the wheelbase is a little bit shorter.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #152
z928

Drives: 500SL, 928 GTS, E36 328
Lets hope the 6th gen Camaro have RHD. Ford just release pics prototype Mustang RHD.
z928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #153
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z928 View Post
Lets hope the 6th gen Camaro have RHD. Ford just release pics prototype Mustang RHD.
Add up the countries that are RHD and then subtract from that the countries that basically exclude imports from the US and you'll see the sales opportunity is pretty small.

I hope they do make the Camaro a true world car, though, and RHD is the only way to make that happen.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #154
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Nobody has come up with a good guestimate for the C6 wheelbase. Looks slightly smaller with the naked eye. I don't think the Camaro needs to be too much smaller than it is. Just about 500 pounds lighter.
The 500 pounds (pipe dream by the way) mostly comes from being smaller. If not then it's premium materials that will jack the price to stratospheric levels.

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation