Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #15
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
That makes no sense. Lexus is a luxury company, just the same as BMW, Mercedes and Audi. If anything, its better as countless reports have come back for reliablity, dealer treatment, initial value.

Please try again.

What Japanese car is? Answer.....NONE Germany has the market cornered and Japan all they do is copy German cars and try to do it cheaper. But they haven't quite masted it, and probably never will.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
What Japanese car is? Answer.....NONE Germany has the market cornered and Japan all they do is copy German cars and try to do it cheaper. But they haven't quite masted it, and probably never will.
Market cornered for what? Longest time in the garage over a period of ownership?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
SSpartan117

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
There is an air of prestige associated with owning a three-pointed star or roundel that you do not receive with the italicized L. MB and BMW models are exclusive and do not have humble toyota beginnings.
SSpartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #18
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
There is an air of prestige associated with owning a three-pointed star or roundel that you do not receive with the italicized L. MB and BMW models are exclusive and do not have humble toyota beginnings.

Plus the fact that Japan tries to copy German engineering and design. I count on one hand a new body style that came out of Asia.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
Willing to accept lower reliability just for a badge....

....personal preference I guess.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #20
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
That makes no sense. Lexus is a luxury company, just the same as BMW, Mercedes and Audi. If anything, its better as countless reports have come back for reliablity, dealer treatment, initial value.

Please try again.
To me, Lexus, Acura, Buick, and Lincoln are all luxury car companies that focus purely on the luxury aspect of the car. On the other side of the coin, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and Cadillac are performance luxury..where you get the luxury of the previously mentioned brands, but some badass cars added to the line-up. Just my $0.02
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

Please try again.
Lexus is more entry-level luxury in contrast to the German automakers. They don't have the same prestige. None of the Japanese "luxury" makes do.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #22
ATX211
Custom User Title

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
Ok, so my mom is looking at buying a 2013 LaCrosse, and I am looking at all the simmilarities between the Buick and my Camaro. The DIC menus are pretty much the same, but the graphics are amazing, the ABL goes accross the dash, the car has pretty much everything interior wise that the camaro has, but steps it all up. My question, why does GM go hardcore on the interior on cars like these, and give cars like the camaro the "cheaper" stuff like the blue dot matrix DIC, as opposed to the color one on the LaCrosse. I can see maybe the lower model ones for cost reduction, but when, for example, you buy a zl1, I think you shoud get some more bang for your buck.
I would say it also just got the "goodies" first. The new Chevrolet SS is getting a lot of these features, and like always technology will trickle down eventually. I will say that it seems to be like this...Since the heavy redesigns in Buick and attempt to make it more of a luxury brand than it was in the 90's, the Buick can serve as a test platform for all of the higher end goods that obviously are becoming easier to integrate into all vehicles. So Caddy gets it, then it gets cheaper to do as more advanced tech comes out and Buick gets it, then eventually Chevy gets it and the cycle starts over.

Ten Years ago, all of these cars had pretty much the same build quality. Then GM stepped it up and really gave each brand it's own identity. But within those same ten years, the technology and quality of all of their vehicles has increased exponentially. The same can really be said with a fair amount of confidence about most current auto makers.

Just talking out loud, but it seems to make sense.
ATX211 is offline   Reply With Quote