Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #855
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
As for envy....you must not frequent auto events. I'm sorry to say, but GT350R's still get far more oohs and ahhs than anything GM puts out.
A generalization through Mustang-tinted glasses. Realize that many people here couldn't give a rat's behind how many letters and numbers Ford puts next to the name "Mustang"...

Quote:
All you have done is bitch and moan about the GT350R having admin. If you could afford to pay admin, you would. You just don't see it. The reason you chose not to pay admin is because you can't afford to. It doesn't make financial sense. Of course, neither does buying a new car, but that's a different discussions altogether.
Another generalization, and not a nice one. The ability to afford an unnecessary cost does not = the stupidity to pay it...nor vice versa.

You are taking a thread dedicated to the Motortrend comparison of the Mustang and Camaro, and perverting it with drool...I suggest you give it a rest.

Please....
Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #856
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
A generalization through Mustang-tinted glasses. Realize that many people here couldn't give a rat's behind how many letters and numbers Ford puts next to the name "Mustang"...
An observation, not generalization. At all of the meets I frequent, the few times a GT350R has showed up, it gets more attention than any production GM vehicle. People scouring the carbon fiber wheels and the engine bay.

Quote:
Another generalization, and not a nice one. The ability to afford an unnecessary cost does not = the stupidity to pay it...nor vice versa.

You are taking a thread dedicated to the Motortrend comparison of the Mustang and Camaro, and perverting it with drool...I suggest you give it a rest.

Please....
Again, not a generalization...but a fact. Those that can afford admin are those that could lose $10k in a poker game and not give a rats ass. I myself and not one of those people, nor is anyone that is complaining about admin. Either way, I have not inferred stupidity in either direction.

If you'd like for me to give it a rest, simply inform BlaqWhole to stop responding.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #857
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:

Please....
Thinking about it...disagree with the drool, but I'll concede. We did get a bit out there.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #858
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
When you see people around you being killed for street racing, you'll notice the difference. Spirited driving can get you a ticket. Street racing get's people killed. A bit of a difference.
Spirited driving also gets people killed. So does normal driving. Drop the goody goody act. The only reason you're taking this stance is because it is against forum rules. If it wasn't then you'd be regaling us with stories of your street races. I'm not gonna sit here and violate forum rules, but I'm also not gonna pretend that I'm some kind of boyscout.

Quote:
Again, this shows your maturity. There is nothing wrong a Miata...they are fun as hell. There is an entire racing series dedicated to them.
There is also nothing wrong with a Civic. Would you drive one? There is nothing wrong with an Ecoboost Mustang. Do you have one? WOuld you give up your GT for one? Or does it show immaturity to have your own particular tastes? I don't care if an entire religion was devoted to Miatas. It ain't in my tastes.

Quote:
All you have done is bitch and moan about the GT350R having admin. If you could afford to pay admin, you would. You just don't see it. The reason you chose not to pay admin is because you can't afford to. It doesn't make financial sense. Of course, neither does buying a new car, but that's a different discussions altogether.
You can mark my works, I will never pay ADM for ANY car no matter what it is or how much I want it. You can talk all the trash you want, but like I said, I had my pick of anything I wanted up to a GTR. I could have walked out of the dealership that night with a fully loaded 3LZ Z06 which was right on the sales floor. So if you somehow think that I can afford a 3LZ Z06 but not a GT350R with ADM then you're out of your mind. Look at it like this, whatever the ADM is, as soon as you sign that paper your car depreciated by that much on top of normal depreciation. It is giving money away. But think what you want. What is clear is that at the very least I can afford a $70K car (with the options I had) and you're in a S550 GT...which I had and got rid of, lol!! Probably a base model too. So don't talk about what I can afford.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #859
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
And that'll do....both of you can chill out, now......
Old 06-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #860
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
The difference between you and people that actually want the GT350R is….you only care about how fast a car is, you don’t care about how it makes you feel. I’ve said it before, I can build a foxbody that will utterly destroy the ZL1 in the ¼ mile for $3K (including the car). Just because a car can scoot down the ¼ quicker does not make it a better car. If that were the case, no-one would ever buy anything other than the dodge demon.

The GT350R out brakes and out corners the ZL1. It shifts better, has a broader powerband and is more visceral than the ZL1. There is a reason it’s able to hold its own being down so much power and torque….you simply can’t see past your ZL1 superiority complex to see it. The fact that you are here, comparing the GT350 to the ZL1….GM’s flagship SUPERCHARGED camaro against Fords flagship NA mustang is telling. The fact that you find any and every reason you can to belittle the GT350 and its owners speaks volumes to your values and your brand loyalty.
Irony.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #861
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
An observation, not generalization. At all of the meets I frequent, the few times a GT350R has showed up, it gets more attention than any production GM vehicle. People scouring the carbon fiber wheels and the engine bay.

Again, not a generalization...but a fact. Those that can afford admin are those that could lose $10k in a poker game and not give a rats ass. I myself and not one of those people, nor is anyone that is complaining about admin. Either way, I have not inferred stupidity in either direction.

If you'd like for me to give it a rest, simply inform BlaqWhole to stop responding.
You sound like a child. Appropriate screen name also.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #862
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
GM did have a racing focused camaro...and it was bested by the GT350. You might want to check the MSRP on the 5th gen Z28 (it was more expensive than the GT350).

I do agree though, the only reason we are comparing these two is because it's the current highest offering available. 10 years ago people would be laughing at the thought of comparing a naturally aspirated mustang to a supercharged camaro.
Apples to oranges, any comparison you make needs to be comparable generations. Don't grasp at stuff, you're better than that.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 AM   #863
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

What happened here?
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2017, 06:19 AM   #864
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
I think I have the answer for this BlaqWhole vs Mustang Fanboy battle. If you really want to go fast in a Domestic car follow these steps.

If you want to go fast in the 1/4 mile buy a Hellcat, mount a pair of DRs and run 10:80s, if you want to go really fast in the 1/4 mile buy a Demon. If you want to go fast at the track buy a Z06, if you want to go really fast at the track buy a Viper ACR.

See that we take the Camaro and Mustang right out of the fast conversation
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #865
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I think I have the answer for this BlaqWhole vs Mustang Fanboy battle. If you really want to go fast in a Domestic car follow these steps.

If you want to go fast in the 1/4 mile buy a Hellcat, mount a pair of DRs and run 10:80s, if you want to go really fast in the 1/4 mile buy a Demon. If you want to go fast at the track buy a Z06, if you want to go really fast at the track buy a Viper ACR.

I agree if a person is looking for one particular attribute in a vehicle. But there are flaws with that. 1, the Viper ACR is out of my price range. And it is impractical for every day use. Whereas my ZL1 is great for DD around town and to/fro work. 2, the Z06 is a great choice and I had my eyes on one. But I'm 6'2" and 220 pounds. I tried to sit in one but it was just too uncomfortable for me even with the seat all the way back. Plus getting in and out of it was a chore. And the fact that it is a 2 seater and the seats don't recline much was a drag. 3, the Demon wasn't out when I got my ZL1. 4, the Hellcat was out and I could have gotten one. It certainly had all the options I would like. But I chose the ZL1 over it because the ZL1 is more of an all around vehicle.

When I looked at everything I liked about the Hellcat, Z06, GT500, Viper, GT350R, and the ZL1, I saw that the ZL1 did everything well. The Hellcat is a straight line monster but doesn't corner well. Same with the Demon. The ZL1 is a straight line monster and corners well. The Z06 is a straight line monster, corners well, but it is uncomfortable for me. The ZL1 corners well, is a straight line monster, and is comfortable. The ACR, same as the Z06 but add that it is impractical for DD and costs like $120K. So that makes two more points for the ZL1. GT350R corners well, is comfortable, doesn't do well at all in a straight line, doesn't offer much in features, and has crazy markups. The ZL1, well we all know what I'm about to say. I wanted an all around vehicle and right now nothing comes close to the ZL1 for the price or even over the price.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #866
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:

Funny on how you had to add a caveat to the Hell Cat. Kind of like training wheels.

Last edited by Sven59; 06-20-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #867
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think they can do it also. It would be interesting to see. But I still have my doubts that it will make it out. Ford seems to be in a performance slump and they don't really have anything to offer the hardcore enthusiasts out there. I think the GT500, if it comes out, will reawaken something and get them back on their feet again.
It will be interesting for sure. We have seen spyshots of something rolling around, and with the 350 remaining unchanged IMO has to be a ZL1 competitor. The one thing I hope and pray they do, is drop the Shelby GT500 moniker. I know its highly unlikely, but I would like to see the Cobra nameplate return. That might even help combat ADM

I also wouldn't say they are in a performance slump, I mean magazines still love the 350R more They just don't have anything with the brute force to compete with the ZL1 or Hellcat

But they have the Mustang and all variants, the Fiesta ST and Focus ST(which GM has no answer for and seriously the ST is insane fun to drive for what it is), the Focus RS(which can now be had under MSRP) and the Raptor.

Quote:

it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #868
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
The difference between you and people that actually want the GT350R is….you only care about how fast a car is, you don’t care about how it makes you feel. I’ve said it before, I can build a foxbody that will utterly destroy the ZL1 in the ¼ mile for $3K (including the car). Just because a car can scoot down the ¼ quicker does not make it a better car. If that were the case, no-one would ever buy anything other than the dodge demon.

The GT350R out brakes and out corners the ZL1. It shifts better, has a broader powerband and is more visceral than the ZL1. There is a reason it’s able to hold its own being down so much power and torque….you simply can’t see past your ZL1 superiority complex to see it. The fact that you are here, comparing the GT350 to the ZL1….GM’s flagship SUPERCHARGED camaro against Fords flagship NA mustang is telling. The fact that you find any and every reason you can to belittle the GT350 and its owners speaks volumes to your values and your brand loyalty.
Webster's Dictionary....

Visceral: characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; earthy; crude:

I would agree with MF, the GT350 is more crude

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote