Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #29
GTgamo

Drives: Millennium Buzzard
I am curious about the bike hitch as well, can anyone post a pic of the "factory" approved hitch? I am also wondering if there might be an aftermarket version that can hide the hitch completely when not in use, as I think I will look like I ride the short bus driving a ZL1 with a trailer hitch.. P.S. no offense intended to anyone for the short-bus remark.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:06 PM   #30
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
picture

"I am curious about the bike hitch as well, can anyone post a pic of the "factory" approved hitch? I am also wondering if there might be an aftermarket version that can hide the hitch completely when not in use, as I think I will look like I ride the short bus driving a ZL1 with a trailer hitch.. P.S. no offense intended to anyone for the short-bus remark"

see my pictures of the factory approved dealer installed hitch on page 2 of this thread form 2/27/16 No offense taken and i had the same concerns. I am happy with the hitch and have no trouble with it hitting the ground on inclines. Worked with the Allen bike rack people to solve the wobble problem and I am very pleased with the results.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #31
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFox View Post
Here is how it looks. Works well but bike rack is wobbly where it mounts to the car, even with "anti-wobble bolt" supplied by bike rack manufacturer. Any ideas to fix this appreciated. Wooden shim was already suggested by my local trailer dealer.
Hi,

I went with the 2 inch receiver just to stop any wobbles. The Thule has a new rack out that won't budge once tightened. Pricey thing (at close to a grand) but I figured, "I am worth it.!"...

Thule T2 Pro bike rack. This is similar to the one I got. https://www.amazon.com/Thule-T2-Pro-...P7O?th=1&psc=1

I bought the second part that lets me carry 4 bikes, hence the cost difference.

Kindest,

Donner
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote