Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #15
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
What did you think of the s type vs the atak? Are they much louder than stock? In the videos they all sound pretty close to stock to me, but I'm not trying to judge them by the videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged View Post
ATAK got my $ - loud, great tone and no drone. The S type is deep, a little less growl, also good.
I reposted somewhatdamaged, reply because it's pretty much spot on, and what I woulda summed up.

They are def noticeable louder than stock, at both in idle and def in drive.

The attack has a bit more "agressive" tone, and by that I mean at the top most part of the rims, you'll hear a tiny bit of rasp to it, and when you let off the gas, especially in sport mode you WILL hear a bit more of the pops of unturned fuel.

Also in terms of tone, the easiest way to compare "tone" is as I said, there's loud, just to have a loud car, and then there's a refined tone that just happens to have some good volume. Cutting off parts and no muffler usually gives you loudness, but a refined tone of an decently built exhaust is that increased volume is the difference of yelling at the top of your lungs, no control at all, and a singer hitting all the notes through the entire same range.

At idle though they are really about the same. The magic comes thru when you step on the loud pedal.

As you said in the videos, they sound similar to stock, that's exactly what I speak of when saying sounds don't translat as true. Now I'm sure borla prob used HD mics to record, but let's face it, if you hear em on a cell phone, or cheap (usually under 250$) computer speakers, or a tablet, etc... you aren't gonna get a full assessment of the HD sound. And that's if you have a bad ass sound card...

But I based my choices on playing chase car and actually hearing them on the highway in person.

Also as said, no drone. The install is bleeding easy as well.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #16
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
I just ordered Borla ATAK...should be here next week...
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #17
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
Thanks for the info. Now I have to see how I can convince my wife that I need a new exhaust Haha.
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #18
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Now I have to see how I can convince my wife that I need a new exhaust Haha.
Haha....... Good luck with that.......

I convinced mine for the Borla exhaust, then the Oracle ghost lighting, then the new console cover, then the painted third brake light, then the ceramic coating............... It never ends....... LOL........ I gotta a GREAT wife!!!!!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #19
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
I convinced mine by showing her before and after track time slips, and mpg before and after pics. She supports it now.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:14 PM   #20
Viessman09

Drives: 16 Camaro RS Night fall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
I just ordered Borla ATAK...should be here next week...
Let me know how it turns out! Maybe post videos if thats not too much to ask.
Viessman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #21
GuoShicheng

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 RS 6MT
If you don't want drone, don't go MRT V1. Spend the little more money and get the higher quality sound of Borla/Magna.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #22
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Borla.... I have heard of drone issues with Magnaflow.....