Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #57
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Thanks to Ted and his crew at JRE, my SS has a new full Stainless Works system and custom tune. I love the sound and the extra power I get with these mods. I had several questions along the way and Ted was quick with answers and support. This is my second Camaro modded with Ted and JRE. I'm very happy with the parts, tune, and service. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

thanks again!!!
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #58
sav03cobra
SS Copbait R.I.

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
So how much HP/TQ is left on the table to gain with a Jannetty Tune with the CAI Intake and CAT deletes? Just eyeballing the different tunes available. Thank you for your time!
sav03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:27 AM   #59
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav03cobra View Post
So how much HP/TQ is left on the table to gain with a Jannetty Tune with the CAI Intake and CAT deletes? Just eyeballing the different tunes available. Thank you for your time!
I am not going to bullS**T anyone, Tuning alone does not add Peak power.

What it does is, give you access to power that is there but you are not able to use due to torque managment.

Then there is calibration adjustments that maintain peak power over a wider range of weather conditions.

There is AFM off, and Skip shift off, speed limiter, rev limiter adjustment standard in my tune.

Calibrations to take into account aftermarket parts to make them operate to their full potential.

Adjustments for octane you burn, or E-85 Flex fuel conversions.

The list is endless.

Thank you for considering JRE performance products.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:10 AM   #60
sav03cobra
SS Copbait R.I.

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I am not going to bullS**T anyone, Tuning alone does not add Peak power.

What it does is, give you access to power that is there but you are not able to use due to torque managment.

Then there is calibration adjustments that maintain peak power over a wider range of weather conditions.

There is AFM off, and Skip shift off, speed limiter, rev limiter adjustment standard in my tune.

Calibrations to take into account aftermarket parts to make them operate to their full potential.

Adjustments for octane you burn, or E-85 Flex fuel conversions.

The list is endless.

Thank you for considering JRE performance products.

Ted.
Any specific numbers on Manual car though? I am interested...just trying to do my research is all. Example...with mods I stated 20hp/30tq...or is this being generous?
sav03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #61
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav03cobra View Post
Any specific numbers on Manual car though? I am interested...just trying to do my research is all. Example...with mods I stated 20hp/30tq...or is this being generous?
The cat deletes are worth about 10 RWHP on a good day.

3 from the CAI.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #62
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
so the intake is worth only 3hp, but does it really help the car in the meat of the power curve or anything etc cause i hheard of it knocking a tenth off in the quarter on a A8 ss???

also how are the roto fab intakes vs CAI intake, im leaning towards the roto fab because i can get it with the sound tube delete
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:22 AM   #63
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
so the intake is worth only 3hp, but does it really help the car in the meat of the power curve or anything etc cause i hheard of it knocking a tenth off in the quarter on a A8 ss???

also how are the roto fab intakes vs CAI intake, im leaning towards the roto fab because i can get it with the sound tube delete
We carry both and I would not hesitate to use Either one.

The power gains are above 4K and the A8 can make uses of that due to the tight shift points.

Ted.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #64
Hyperlinkblue

Quote:
We carry both and I would not hesitate to use Either one.

The power gains are above 4K and the A8 can make uses of that due to the tight shift points.

Ted.
Ok and another question i have is at what point is it beneficial to use a ati harmonic balancer ???
Old 03-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #65
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Ok and another question i have is at what point is it beneficial to use a ati harmonic balancer ???
When you do a fully forged and or stroker engine.

Or if you add a supercharger, they now have the CTSV style with interchangeable supercharger rings in different sizes.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #66
Hyperlinkblue

Sorry forthe endless questions i have, you did a great job on the tune for my buddys m6 fifth gen. . Im wondering if you tweek the throttle response at all on the 6th gens, im also highy considering going e85 compatable. If i do that your tunning allows me to go back and fourth between 93 and e with out switching my tune right??? Also will the fuel system support e with full bolts on incuding ported throttle body and intake without running out of fuel. And with a m6 car and bolt ons what can i expect from going e, is it worth tha gains
Old 03-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #67
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Sorry forthe endless questions i have, you did a great job on the tune for my buddys m6 fifth gen. . Im wondering if you tweek the throttle response at all on the 6th gens, im also highy considering going e85 compatable. If i do that your tunning allows me to go back and fourth between 93 and e with out switching my tune right??? Also will the fuel system support e with full bolts on incuding ported throttle body and intake without running out of fuel. And with a m6 car and bolt ons what can i expect from going e, is it worth tha gains
Happy to help.

Throttle response is improved.

Correct once a flex fuel conversion is done you can switch fuels at your leisure and never change the tune.

Yes the fuel system will support the simple bolt ons.

You can expect high 400s on E-85.

If worth it is up to you.

Ted.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #68
Hyperlinkblue

Quote:
Happy to help.

Throttle response is improved.

Correct once a flex fuel conversion is done you can switch fuels at your leisure and never change the tune.

Yes the fuel system will support the simple bolt ons.

You can expect high 400s on E-85.

If worth it is up to you.

Ted.

Ok, will the fuel system support bolt ons, cam and heads running on e85?? Or would you have to upgrade to lt4 pump and injectors, also would you need to upgrade the pump in the gas tank as well? If i can get high 400's with bolt on and a e85 tune tht will keep me happy for awile untill i install a cam and heads.... i would do long tubes with a x pipe back to stock npp axle back, intake, possibly a ported throttle body and i allready installed a catch can which i hope was worth the money.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #69
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Ok, will the fuel system support bolt ons, cam and heads running on e85?? Or would you have to upgrade to lt4 pump and injectors, also would you need to upgrade the pump in the gas tank as well? If i can get high 400's with bolt on and a e85 tune tht will keep me happy for awile untill i install a cam and heads.... i would do long tubes with a x pipe back to stock npp axle back, intake, possibly a ported throttle body and i allready installed a catch can which i hope was worth the money.
Bolt ons yes,

Cam and Heads will require LT4 fuel components on E-85

Pump in the tank wouldn't be required NA.

Ted.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #70
Hyperlinkblue

Is e85 ok to use on the stock fuel components or do I have to upgrade the lines and everything ???