Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
is there a tcu tune or a8 tune available ?

1 have the transmission shudder of course car is brand new with 4k on it,

I have had bad luck with dealerships in the part on my c7 with overheating issues went in 7 times .

i was just thinking of just getting it tuned and hopefully solve some of the problems >?

has any one done this or any recommendations ?

thanks again
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Yes, it can be tuned out. Ted @ Jannetty Racing can do it. Tim @ EFI can as well. I'm sure there are several tuners out there that can but, these are the top 2 I know of.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
solarstingray

thanks,

has any one had this done ?
Old 12-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510599

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I tuned mine out myself. It's pretty easy to do on 2016's but 17-18's will need to send TCM out to unlock the bootloader.

Buy HP tuners and read the thread linked above or contact one of the tuners mentioned above.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #6
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

yes, mine has been tuned out. I did have the triple flush done prior and I essentially had it tuned out the day after I got the car back from getting the triple flush done. People are getting the shake again after a few thousand miles of the triple flush so, I don't hold that as a permanent solution to this issue. Tuning it out seems to be a better solution long term.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I agree...stock tuning seems to be the problem. However I do not see GM updating the 8l90 TCM to address the real problem. Not sure why they want the Camaro to drive like a Cadillac or BMW 5 series. I want to feel a firm shift and I don't want AFM. If you want better mileage then buy the I4 or V6 model.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
solarstingray

thanks king,

mine is in the shop as we speak we will see what they say ,

I really hate dealing with the stealerships, might just say screw it and have it tuned.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:29 AM   #9
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

GM will not be updating the stock tune as it will affect mpg and then they'd have to do a recertification and lower the rating. They're trying to find a hardware solution but, not having much luck. There are a few options but, the best seem to be aftermarket. Get an aftermarket torque converter and/or custom tune.